Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 12:08 PM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times

Advertisements

More and more people, military leaders, political leaders, leaders of countries around the world, artists, intellectuals, civil rights leaders, religious leaders are all speaking out on Americas lack of leadership and how America has lost grace and respect around the world.

Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis - Former Secretary of Defense under Trump
"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people -- does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us.”
"concrete solutions and strategic advice, especially keeping faith with our allies, no longer resonated."

Marine Corps. Gen. John Kelly - Former Chief of Staff to Trump, Former commander of US Southern Command under Obama
"I think we need to look harder at who we elect. I think we should look at people that are running for office and put them through the filter: What is their character like? What are their ethics?"

Marine Corps Gen. John Allen - Former commander of US forces in Afghanistan
"Donald Trump isn't religious, has no need of religion, and doesn't care about the devout, except insofar as they serve his political needs”

Navy Adm. Mike Mullen - Former chairman of the Joint Chiefs
"It sickened me yesterday to see security personnel—including members of the National Guard—forcibly and violently clear a path through Lafayette Square to accommodate the president's visit outside St. John's Church.”
“Whatever Trump's goal in conducting his visit, he laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces.”

Air Force Gen. Richard Myers - Former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
" I'm glad I don't have to advise this President. I'm sure the senior military leadership is finding it really difficult these days to provide good, sound military advice."

Army Gen. Martin Dempsey - Former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
"The idea that the President would take charge of the situation using the military was troubling to me."

Richard V. Spencer - Former Navy Secretary
"It was also a reminder that the President has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices,"

Anthony Scaramucci - Former White House communications director
"For the last 3 years I have fully supported this President. Recently he has said things that divide the country in a way that is unacceptable. Eventually he turns on everyone and soon it will be you and then the entire country.”

Gary Cohn, - former National Economic Council director
"None of us are there any more. So I am concerned that the atmosphere in the White House is no longer conducive, or no one has the personality to stand up and tell the President what he doesn't want to hear,"

Ty Cobb -Former White House counsel
"Bob Mueller is an American hero in my view,"

Gen. Raymond A. Thomas - Former U.S. Special Operations Command
“The “battle space” of America??? Not what America needs to hear...ever, unless we are invaded by an adversary or experience a constitutional failure...ie a Civil War...”

Retired Navy Adm. William McRaven:
“You're not going to use, whether it is the military or the National Guard or law enforcement, to clear peaceful American citizens for the president of the United States to do a photo op. There is nothing morally right about that.”

The Lancet medical journal – choose a president that will "understand that public health should not be guided by partisan politics," Trump has been "inconsistent and incoherent" in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Former president Jimmy Carter - “We need a government as good as its people, and we are better than this.”

List of Republicans who opposed the 2016 Donald Trump presidential campaign
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ntial_campaign

There Are Plenty Of Anti-Trump Republicans. You Just Have To Know Where To Look.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...where-to-look/

The White House has never been so disorganized, disjointed and incompetent. Trump challenges the constitution at every turn, hires and fires on whims, shows ignorance of the fundamentals of government, habitually lies and refuses to acknowledge that he has any short comings. He lacks leadership abilities and is morally corrupt.

He has had almost 3 and a half years to show some capability to lead and has failed miserably at every attempt. He has drawn American into isolationism closed the door to America being a world leader that was respected and imitated.

It would take volumes to piece together his mishandling of the trust given to him.

He has nearly destroyed the US and it is time for him to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 12:19 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,364,243 times
The problem we Americans face, is as bad as Trump is, the anti-Semitic, sexual predator, old white guy with a history of persecuting Blacks, and suffering the onset of dementia, that the Dems put up is worse.

Old 06-07-2020, 12:24 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,641 times
I could clearly see from the beginning that President Trump has no firm grasp of the issues. Why it took so long for many top officials to admit it is beyond me.

Beyond his hard core support, history is not going to treat this President well.

Old 06-07-2020, 12:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
The problem we Americans face, is as bad as Trump is, the anti-Semitic, sexual predator, old white guy with a history of persecuting Blacks, and suffering the onset of dementia, that the Dems put up is worse.
People have to quit voting for Republicans and Democrats for president or else be complicit to the insanity and nonsense going on from both sides. I want no part of it, so will be voting 3rd party for president.

Old 06-07-2020, 12:32 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
More and more people, military leaders, political leaders, leaders of countries around the world, artists, intellectuals, civil rights leaders, religious leaders are all speaking out on Americas lack of leadership and how America has lost grace and respect around the world.

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people -- does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us.”
"concrete solutions and strategic advice, especially keeping faith with our allies, no longer resonated."

Marine Corps. Gen. John Kelly - Former Chief of Staff to Trump, Former commander of US Southern Command under Obama
"I think we need to look harder at who we elect. I think we should look at people that are running for office and put them through the filter: What is their character like? What are their ethics?"

"Donald Trump isn't religious, has no need of religion, and doesn't care about the devout, except insofar as they serve his political needs”

"It sickened me yesterday to see security personnel—including members of the National Guard—forcibly and violently clear a path through Lafayette Square to accommodate the president's visit outside St. John's Church.”
“Whatever Trump's goal in conducting his visit, he laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces.”

" I'm glad I don't have to advise this President. I'm sure the senior military leadership is finding it really difficult these days to provide good, sound military advice."

"The idea that the President would take charge of the situation using the military was troubling to me."

"It was also a reminder that the President has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices,"

"For the last 3 years I have fully supported this President. Recently he has said things that divide the country in a way that is unacceptable. Eventually he turns on everyone and soon it will be you and then the entire country.”

"None of us are there any more. So I am concerned that the atmosphere in the White House is no longer conducive, or no one has the personality to stand up and tell the President what he doesn't want to hear,"

“The “battle space” of America??? Not what America needs to hear...ever, unless we are invaded by an adversary or experience a constitutional failure...ie a Civil War...”

“You're not going to use, whether it is the military or the National Guard or law enforcement, to clear peaceful American citizens for the president of the United States to do a photo op. There is nothing morally right about that.”

The Lancet medical journal – choose a president that will "understand that public health should not be guided by partisan politics," Trump has been "inconsistent and incoherent" in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Former president Jimmy Carter - “We need a government as good as its people, and we are better than this.”

There Are Plenty Of Anti-Trump Republicans. You Just Have To Know Where To Look.

The White House has never been so disorganized, disjointed and incompetent. Trump challenges the constitution at every turn, hires and fires on whims, shows ignorance of the fundamentals of government, habitually lies and refuses to acknowledge that he has any short comings. He lacks leadership abilities and is morally corrupt.

He has had almost 3 and a half years to show some capability to lead and has failed miserably at every attempt. He has drawn American into isolationism closed the door to America being a world leader that was respected and imitated.

It would take volumes to piece together his mishandling of the trust given to him.

lmao

Old 06-07-2020, 12:40 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,364,243 times
Trump is a gross man who says terrible things sometimes. But I'll still vote for him, because I like the majority of his policy-making. And the other guy is an avowed anti-semite who is already speaking of his desire to continue harming Israel from the campaign "trail." He already orchestrated the UN vote in 2016 to declare the Western Wall in Jerusalem as "occupied territory" that belongs to the Arabs. As if...

I have taught my kids to look to the great rabbi's of our time as their role models. Trump is just the chump in office who gets our policy needs taken care of.

Old 06-07-2020, 12:43 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,963,757 times
Quote:

I find TDS highly entertaining. It’s why I frequent this place as often as I do.

I will miss it after 2024.

“I will defeat Joe Biden.” — Joe Biden.

Old 06-07-2020, 12:44 PM

839 posts, read 735,080 times
Very well said, Dan Rather!

Old 06-07-2020, 12:48 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
Very well said, Dan Rather!

who the hell is dan rather? some failed politician?

Old 06-07-2020, 12:49 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:

"concrete solutions and strategic advice, especially keeping faith with our allies, no longer resonated.".
General James Mattis is offended Trump is ending the 19 year Afghanistan War.

This is one of the reasons we vote for Trump.

General Michael Flynn will soon be made an American Hero thanks to President Donald J Trump, there again, the reason he will win Reelection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies