Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 03:11 PM

19,637 posts, read 20,126,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Over the past 2 weeks give or take, I have actually been pretty shocked. I see a lot more people looking to connect, learn, empathize, and take action. Way more than I have seen in my life time. It feels like a lot of people have woken up. They are seeking out history lessons, trying to learn more about how their neighbors, friends, and communities are feeling. Trying to understand how we got here, and working on a plan to move forward productively.

Companies are stepping up and doing self-reflection to see if their actions and their values match.

Communities are coming together to cleanup, support their local businesses and even create public art.

There seems to be a whole lot more "we are all in this together" thinking than there has been during this whole pandemic.

Obviously being on the brink of a new civil war is not good, but honestly I am seeing a lot more unity than I have seen in a my whole lifetime. Except here on P-O-C.
Totally agree.

And I thank GOD there's a huge disconnect between this forum and REAL LIFE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 03:26 PM

30,099 posts, read 18,907,791 times
Quote:
Over the past 2 weeks give or take, I have actually been pretty shocked. I see a lot more people looking to connect, learn, empathize, and take action. Way more than I have seen in my life time. It feels like a lot of people have woken up. They are seeking out history lessons, trying to learn more about how their neighbors, friends, and communities are feeling. Trying to understand how we got here, and working on a plan to move forward productively.

Companies are stepping up and doing self-reflection to see if their actions and their values match.

Communities are coming together to cleanup, support their local businesses and even create public art.

There seems to be a whole lot more "we are all in this together" thinking than there has been during this whole pandemic.

Obviously being on the brink of a new civil war is not good, but honestly I am seeing a lot more unity than I have seen in a my whole lifetime. Except here on P-O-C.
The liberal Nazi Brown Shirt thugs have forced people to wash their feet and kiss their asses but the result will be greater racial division and white flight.

Old 06-08-2020, 03:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,781,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The liberal Nazi Brown Shirt thugs have forced people to wash their feet and kiss their asses but the result will be greater racial division and white flight.
So happy the "younger people" are speaking up and taking part, I have personally seem my friends of all races speaking up, learning more, reaching out and taking action. And not just those in "liberal cities."

Will be happy to see racism weeded out and everyone working on improving the country - together.

Old 06-08-2020, 04:03 PM

30,099 posts, read 18,907,791 times
Quote:
So happy the "younger people" are speaking up and taking part, I have personally seem my friends of all races speaking up, learning more, reaching out and taking action. And not just those in "liberal cities."

Will be happy to see racism weeded out and everyone working on improving the country - together.

I hope you're right.

Old 06-08-2020, 05:34 PM

17,456 posts, read 6,776,646 times
Quote:

You have no interest in "unity." You won't stop until everyone agrees with your warped worldview and you will employ whatever means necessary to get there. Just admit it already.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,816,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
And yet Barr told the DCPD to act as his own personal goon squad to allow for that photo op. Your side has a lot of nerve throwing around the N-word.

Old 06-09-2020, 04:13 AM

24,370 posts, read 22,982,365 times
I'm glad things are doing fine on Bizarro World, but here things are getting pretty crazy.

Old 06-09-2020, 04:18 AM

11,670 posts, read 5,691,638 times
Actually here - people are going around doing their normal activities. Anyone I've talked to is sick of the Covid and of the protesting.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:04 AM

19,637 posts, read 20,126,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Actually here - people are going around doing their normal activities. Anyone I've talked to is sick of the Covid and of the protesting.
Pretty much.

What I'm looking forward to is all the art and music that's going to rise from these ashes. All the love, too. ♥

It's gonna be amazing....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All these hatin' old fogies can have their lazy-boy chairs and tvs.

The rest of us can have a party. ♫♫

Old 06-09-2020, 05:40 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,946,875 times
I have seen it as well.
There have been many protesters that stood in the way of looters and rioters.
Many in the community have already started to clean up and have plans for rebuilding.
This must **** off the extremists that want a dividing line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies