Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 07:22 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
When could a white person do that without being rushed?
Too stupid a comment to even ask the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....its kind of almost too late. The disease of racism has resulted in cultural and psychological ramifications and complications that makes any effort at political or economic empowerment not effective.

I would say first America needs to have psychology experts to study the impact of racial slavery and racism and report the findings back to the nation. What did racial oppression and living under a system of white supremacy and the doctrine of black inferiority do to the black mindset and culture?

America needs to have a resolution, in congress, to study the impact of slavery and racial oppression on black people. Then based upon the findings, the black population should be TARGETED to treat the condition.
You *might* get a check.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
When school districts send their just out of college teachers to the lowest performing schools, what do we expect?

All my teacher relatives inform me it takes about 3 years for a brand new teacher to get up to speed and gain confidence. The lowest performing schools need the best teachers.

In Houston, suburban neighborhoods go to great lengths to keep public transportation out of their community.
I am in a high performing school district and we have plenty of these young teachers. They come here, work for a couple of years, get pregnant and then go on maternity leave. We are then paying two teachers instead of one.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniceman View Post
I went through a week long race relations course in the Air Force back in the early 70s and it was very informative. It was a mandatory course for all new NCOs. There were 30 people of all races in my class. The first day of class the instructor put up a Confederate flag and every one of us had to stand up and say what that flag meant to us. Being a northerner from a small Indiana town I'd never really thought about it so I was mostly ambivalent about that flag. To me it represented the distant past. Not so to the black and white southerners. Violence almost erupted in the classroom before that day was done. I look back on that and wondered if any minds were changed during that week long session but I do know that one mind was altered. I don't have children so I can't say if schools offer diversity training but I suppose some of them do. Perhaps more education is needed though. I don't think we can change racism unless people are educated about where it comes from and how it is perpetuated.
I lived in the South for a few years in my early 20's. They still called us Yankees. (I was from Ohio). We only talked about the Civil War in History class once a year growing up. They definitely had a chip about it.

When I was in 7th grade, it was Black History month. I was in my classroom and two boys, one black and one white, got into a fight and one of them picked up one of those desks that have the whole desk in one piece and threw it in my direction. It didn't look like it was going to come near me but it kept going and landed on top of my desk. Not sure what would have happened had I been sitting in it still. I had slowly gotten up. I think those kinds of things just cause more problems.....black history month, etc. Just STOP talking about race all the time. That's what will make it better. They are fueling the fire and this is what happens. I think things were really getting better until Barack Obama came in and started throwing kerasine on the fire. Even my Democrat sister agrees with that. (She is not a SJW).

Old 06-15-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Make people aware of what laws police are enforcing, (and why)!

I passed out flyers at our protest yesterday, I was shocked how many young people did not know drug laws were rooted in racism...this is part of the problem, they have been taught to 'just obey and comply' with police.
You mean the drug laws that Joe Biden voted for?

Old 06-15-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
...strict racial quotas in hiring, school admissions, arrests, imprisonment? ... a multi-trillion dollar reparations package? ... a race-based tax system? There are any number of things a BLM-friendly American government might do to impose equality of outcomes.
Why should the government be BLM friendly? BLM is a POLITICAL organization that funds Democrat candidates. https://thewashingtonsentinel.com/bl...lreTXMDzKC0buA

Why should I PAY to fund Democrat candidates whom I loathe?

Old 06-15-2020, 07:55 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
To give a serious answer to the title question, I would offer this:

Treat every single initiation of force exactly the same. If you are going to have laws that allegedly exist to protect life and property, then the simplest one should be to treat any initiation of force as the perpetrator voluntarily surrendering any and all of their natural rights.

Stop making excuses that say initiation of force, the worst possible action any individual can undertake, are OK...at least some of them...as long as you have a politically convenient excuse. If you make exceptions to laws, they stop being laws and are nothing more than vague suggestions.

If a cop initiates force against someone, then (metaphorically) off with their head.

If an AntiFa jerkweed smashes a storefront window, then (metaphorically) off with their head.

There cannot and must not be exceptions where we tell anyone for any reason that harming their fellow individual is OK, legit, justified, etc. NOT EVER. Start there. Bad behavior will soon enough weed itself out once citizens are empowered to remove the mold and rot within their little worlds.

After that, do as Frederick Douglass demanded all those many years ago, and was echoed by Malcolm X a century later - LEAVE THEM ALONE. By "them" I mean everyone. Get Leviathan's intrusive snout out of everyone's daily life. Leave all of us alone. Black, white, yellow, purple, what_the_f**k_ever...just leave us alone. By and large, the people ignored most by government tend to have the highest achievement per capita. That's not an accident or a statistical anomaly, but easily observed evidence of cause and effect. Whatever government meddles with, it wrecks. If that is the daily life of a specific race demographic...doesn't matter, they're going to wreck it. So the best thing "we" can do is leave them alone...everyone.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:02 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Why should the government be BLM friendly?
It shouldn't. Since that might well result in some of the absurd things I listed. It's not as if everything that could be done has already been tried. There's no end to the bad new policies that might be enacted by a BLM government.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:04 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Can a black person carry a rifle downtown without getting rushed by the police, but a white person can?
Yes they can.Michigan AG was walked up the stairs at the Capital by six "minoritys carry ing Ar-15s for her protection.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:06 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Maybe it would help if these thousands of people with signs saying "BLACK LIVES MATTER" would tell us WHICH black lives they are talking about.Is it all BLACK LIVES or just the ones that they pick out to matter. (no one is saying a thing about the aborted black babies or thug on thug and drive by killings are they...so WHICH lives are they talking about.????????????
Black babies dont vote,so the BLM dont give a rats ass
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies