Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 01:20 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Ignoring the article, the words of Alveda and playing obtuse is not how this is done.

The words of Alveda is NOT a fact, it's an opinion.

I'd have love for her to cite some facts to back up her opinion, but she didn't.

Pretty much all she said is, Blacks employment is up. Well, yes but what does that have to do with Trump? She offers no link between blacks employment and Trump, none.

It'd be like saying, "The Cleveland Browns is bad! It happens during the Trump presidency, therefore it's Trump's making!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 01:21 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Latest poll I could find goes back to mid May, showing Trump currently has 7% of the African-American vote.

Seven. LOL.
The DNC's plan to discourage runaways has been very successful thus far.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:29 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
...Which part of her column did you disagree with?
I stopped reading right here:

...There are two central lies within Biden’s launch video. The first is that Trump has had a negative impact on the black community, and the second is that Biden could do better...

Trump has unarguably emboldened a lot of racists - whether intentionally or unintentionally - with many things he has said since entering the political arena. There's no reasonable way to argue that hasn't had a negative impact on black communities. You can argue how much of an impact, sure.

Secondly, Biden doing better or not is 100% speculation and prognostication, so calling it out as a "lie" is completely unreasonable.

I didn't bother to go any further.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:31 PM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times
I have never seen this level of concern of the black vote. I would be excited that both parties were going for the black vote, if it was real.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:34 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I stopped reading right here:

...There are two central lies within Biden’s launch video. The first is that Trump has had a negative impact on the black community, and the second is that Biden could do better...

Trump has unarguably emboldened a lot of racists - whether intentionally or unintentionally - with many things he has said since entering the political arena. There's no reasonable way to argue that hasn't had a negative impact on black communities. You can argue how much of an impact, sure.

Secondly, Biden doing better or not is 100% speculation and prognostication, so calling it out as a "lie" is completely unreasonable.

I didn't bother to go any further.

Youre simply toting the biden lie. Too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The words of Alveda is NOT a fact, it's an opinion.

I'd have love for her to cite some facts to back up her opinion, but she didn't.

Pretty much all she said is, Blacks employment is up. Well, yes but what does that have to do with Trump? She offers no link between blacks employment and Trump, none.

It'd be like saying, "The Cleveland Browns is bad! It happens during the Trump presidency, therefore it's Trump's making!"
A link in her article goes into further detail. There wasnt enough room in this des moines register piece for the entire list.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:57 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
No, I'm simply acknowledging reality.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...-the-data-say/

https://www.voanews.com/usa/many-whi...l-trump-tweets

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...lection-231072

https://www.adl.org/blog/white-supre...-racist-tweets

Again, this might not be an overt goal of Trump's words and actions, but it is real.

Old 06-08-2020, 02:38 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Uber left propaganda i rarely subject myself. Too funny if you thought that would convince the sane. Meanwhile you skip the op and do the usual tap. Move along.

Old 06-09-2020, 02:09 AM

Quote:

A link in her article goes into further detail. There wasnt enough room in this des moines register piece for the entire list.

The link goes to some US Today Network message board where I have to register. No thank you.

Maybe you can post it here.

Old 06-09-2020, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Ah yes, there's Biden, who once kicked black children out of a community pool for having "greasy hair" and then threatened them with a chain when they didn't like it. He then went on to push for legislation in order to "Lock the S.O.B.s up" because they are "violent thugs" and "predators on our streets", when someone suggested that mass incarceration would only hurt those communities who were already being mistreated by the institutions of society he responded "It doesn’t matter whether or not they’re the victims of society.....I don’t want to ask, ‘What made them do this?’ They must be taken off the street.”

An attitude that has contributed to the current problems over-incarcerated communities face today. Then he's got the balls to say that if black people even consider not supporting him, they aren't black. Joe Biden, King of the black people has spoken, apparently.

Now sure, all that may matter to you is virtue signaling and the fact that he once rode God King Barry's coattails, but it's inarguable that Biden has done more to hurt the black community than most career politicians...and that's saying something.

LOL.

If that's true, then the right-wing should fear Biden's cross party appeal.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:09 AM

24,407 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Trump's really just helped african american's do more for themselves. Biden and Obama, the Clinton's and Bushes, they've done more against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies