Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How have the last three weeks affected you?
More racist 35 34.65%
Less racist 6 5.94%
No change 60 59.41%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 10:05 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,705 times

Advertisements

This is a different world; one which I often struggle to find my place in. Yet, it's a world whose arguments I often believe to comprehend, regardless which side of the argument is being weighed.

Is 60 years old "that old?" Maybe it is for many. I'm not offended. I'm thrilled to have reached this age.

And sure . . . go ahead. Say it! "OK boomer." Yes. I declare. I'm one of those.

Despite all you've read, heard, and recently experienced, there was a time in which truce and common ground were reached and found among ardent foes. Yes, we were able to "civilly" come together and "agree to disagree" in the most respectful way. Furthermore, we'd agree to meet another time for additional dialogue and conversation with the intention of finding a middle ground each side was capable of agreeing with.

I recall one time in which I had dinner with someone I staunchly disagreed with regarding Pro-Life/Pro-Choice issues. I was on the Pro-Life side. Still, we were able to sit, have dinner, share and dissect our points of view without resorting to threat, argument, intimidation, hatred, insults, etc.

In the case of the above example, the man I shared my Pro-Life position with was glad to hear my point of view, and I more than happy to hear his. BTW, the man on the other side of the table was a Pro-Choice Ordained Minister. Back in the 80's, I was nothing more than a "pew warmer with an opinion." Still, the Pro-Choice Ordained Minister was courteous enough to make time to listen to my POV and I to his.

Did we find common ground? I think we did.

I wish we could all share and discuss our differences today as it was once possible.

Wishing everyone much health and peace during these turbulent times.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:45 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I’ve become embarrassed to be the same skin color as BLM. Many whites will see me and associate me with them.
And therein lies the real tragedy of racism.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:46 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
So this poll tells us that racism still exists. What is wrong with our country.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:54 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
I can honestly say no change.
However, any form of "outrage" I and probably many others had towards Floyd's killing is totally gone. It was ruined by the rioters and the lives they destroyed in the city of Chicago, my home, or anywhere for that matter.
But not only that. That white guilt going around is disgusting beyond words. My husbamd grow up dirt poor. He had nothing. Everything we have now we worked for, starting from negative 0.
Some white guy on TV they interviewed tryed to apologize on behalf of all white people how we are privileged and need to help all oppressed black people or people of color. Also, from reading threads here on cd, how white people are kneeling and asks for forgiveness....smh...
This country i moved to and became a citizen of is in trouble. Its truly a sad time we are living in.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:56 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I can honestly say no change.
However, any form of "outrage" I and probably many others had towards Floyd's killing is totally gone. It was ruined by the rioters and the lives they destroyed in the city of Chicago.
But not only that. That white guilt going around is disgusting beyond words. My husbamd grow up dirt poor. He had nothing. Everything we have now we worked for, starting from negative 0.
Some white guy on TV they interviewed tryed to apologize on behalf of all white people how we are privileged and need to help all oppressed black people or people of color. Also, from reading I ther threads here on cd, how white people are kneeling and asks for forgiveness....smh...
This country i moved to and became a citizen of is in trouble. Its truly a sad time we are living in.

As a person of color, I would have APOLOGIZED to him for having the same skin COLOR (even though not same race) as those BLM rioters and looters.

Last edited by ThinkingOutsideTheBox; 06-08-2020 at 11:28 PM..

Old 06-08-2020, 11:54 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
I wasn't racist before this. I'm still not racist.

Old 06-08-2020, 11:58 PM

234 posts, read 90,110 times
I would have became 1000 times more racist if I didn't realize ALL of this BS is from LEFTIST COMMUNIST SCUM and really has nothing to do with race. They just exploit and use race. I won't let these pieces of dog crap I stepped on ruin the rest of my week.

Old 06-09-2020, 12:45 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
My disgust for liberals and the media has deepened.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:16 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I'm starting to think stupid crazy people are more of a threat and not just a nuisance or to be pitied.
These protesters, the folks who were so easily duped by the Coronavirus Hoax, global warmers, the deep state, I just want to sign the commitment papers on the whole lot of them.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:22 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Using the standard definition of racism:

rac·​ism | \ ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi- \
Definition of racism
1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a: a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles

It becomes clear to anybody that can apply just a bit of clear logic that being a racist is actually quite stupid. One race as superior to another? Lol. That can be picked apart very quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies