Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2020, 11:12 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Nothing you said contradicts or disproves what I said. Entities doing what is in their best interest just happens to hurt or burden black people more, even when the the intent of the policy or action is not malicious towards blacks.

So I will say it again. You know blacks have it bad when things work against them, more than others, when entities are not even trying to harm them more than others, but are just doing what is in the best interest of the entity.

Think about what that says for black people.
What it says to me, given what the data says, is that beauty products sold at WalMart that are popular with black consumers are stolen more than other products that are popular with black/white/other people, so WalMart felt the need to lock those products in order to prevent loss due to theft.

The subjective conclusion I would draw from that objective data is that black people who go to WalMart for beauty products are more likely to steal those beauty products than black/white/other people who go to WalMart for other products are.

If that inconveniences black consumers at WalmArt seeking to buy beauty products moreso than black/white/other people buying other products...well, the data doesn't lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 11:15 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
Quote:
Oh wait....or whites....when they have single parent homes.....or whites....when the loot and shoot.....or whites...who commit murder.
I am absultoely all for it.

The biggest difference between you and me is I hold people of my gender and race accountable, no excuses, you however do not.

If whites are stealing a lot and a store locks things up, fine by me, whites should stop stealing, just as men should stop stealing those razors. I will not make idiotic excuses about it and defend the thieves.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:15 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Oh wait....or whites....when they have single parent homes.....or whites....when the loot and shoot.....or whites...who commit murder.
I'm not sure you have a point here. Many of the morons that have been looting, rioting and burning businesses the last couple of weeks are white people. The thugs that have taken over the neighborhood in Seattle are (primarily) white people. The idiots begging forgiveness over their race are white people. And very, very few white people are making any excuses for these criminals and morons. The vast, vast majority are calling them out for what they are.

Now-how many black Americans called out Michael Brown for being a criminal and thug that attacked and robbed a store owner...before attacking a LEO?

Old 06-12-2020, 11:23 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You saying the crime rate is higher in "those" areas, which the other poster suggested the poorer areas have higher crime, yet shoplifting is like rape or spouse abuse,,, has no boundaries This thread is all finger pointing to show "Blacks" forcing stores to lock up black hair products. The thread should read: Shoplifting on the rise,,, with NO mention of color.

The person I responded to used the phrases "upper class white areas" and "black areas."

Old 06-12-2020, 11:37 AM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
The person I responded to used the phrases "upper class white areas" and "black areas."
Yes, and my point is the thieves are more in the white upper class areas. - The shoplifters seem to be there according to the study I posted, and financial crimes are less often - maybe - but much more of a problem because the dollar amount is astronomical. this does NOT change the facts that Blacks commit crimes, they certainly do, but lest stop looking only at color! Evil has no boundaries - period!

Old 06-12-2020, 11:41 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/10/b...-products.html

Do people really think this has anything to do with race? Big retail stores lock up items that have a tendency to walk off the shelf.

Instead of being mad at the company and calling it racist, how about being mad at the people who steal the product often enough that the store had to make changes in how they offer it???
No but come on Wal Mart, you sent me a nice long email about how your doing every thing to eliminate systematic racism and you address it in your website. Get with the program!

Old 06-12-2020, 11:44 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yes, and my point is the thieves are more in the white upper class areas. - The shoplifters seem to be there according to the study I posted, and financial crimes are less often - maybe - but much more of a problem because the dollar amount is astronomical. this does NOT change the facts that Blacks commit crimes, they certainly do, but lest stop looking only at color! Evil has no boundaries - period!
I agree there!

But perception is key when the crime rate is high in general. Most people don't consult the stats or compare them to their neighbors before acting upon their perceptions - they operate on the perception and sense of what their community goes through everyday across all measures of crime. And if the crime rate is high, in general, they corresponding increase security even where specifically it maybe less statistically elsewhere.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:52 AM

2,170 posts, read 1,952,022 times
Quote:
I never said black products are locked up exclusively. With people like you....its all about showing that "its not just blacks". Again, however, when you are talking about things like out of wedlock births....you NEVER try to show that "its not just blacks". You just want to hammer us with that negative...wanting us to OWN it because it happens to us more than whites. However, in a case like this....you are not willing or wanting it to be seen as impacting blacks MORE. However, you would have no problem of wanting it to be known the out of wedlock births impact blacks more. Why the difference? The answer is because whites want to show that blacks are causing their own problems (which is why they do not mention white out of wedlock births), but they DON'T want it shown that blacks are facing more problems/obstacles than others (which would contradict that blacks are causing their own problems.).

All tires have blowouts, sometimes a newly released tire will have far more blowouts then what’s considered acceptable, and that brand of tire is recalled. Is anyone being racist toward that tire? What about all the tires in that model that didn’t blowout?... everything is based on figures, data and facts.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:10 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,122,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/10/b...-products.html

Do people really think this has anything to do with race? Big retail stores lock up items that have a tendency to walk off the shelf.

Instead of being mad at the company and calling it racist, how about being mad at the people who steal the product often enough that the store had to make changes in how they offer it???
The Walgreens and CVS stores that I do most of my toiletry purchases at all lock up the Atra and Gillette razor blade refills. That's like me saying they are racist against men for locking up those items.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:27 PM

934 posts, read 402,032 times
has some woke moron made a fuss about this already. Wouldnt surprise me.

What people fail to understand is that any business worth its salt wouldn't do anything to increase its cost or losses. Actually, the opposite is true.

Suppose all customers magically stick to the agreement to take their purchase to the automatic cash register and honestly pay with their card, no foul games. Walmart would be the first to happily abolish the job of a cashier, as well as most of the surveillance system, thus cutting its cost tremendously. They would still be drunk with happiness.
So, if they are locking up some products in some localities, and not in others, they have done the math. And the math shows them this is exactly what needs to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies