Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 07:58 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-st...200021430.html

Quote:
The Nasdaq hit a record high close on Monday, confirming a bull market began on March 23, and the Dow and S&P 500 jumped as expectations for a swift recovery from a coronavirus-driven downturn increased.

The Nasdaq is the first of the Wall Street's three main indexes to bounce back from the market crash caused by the pandemic.

A closely watched monthly jobs report on Friday showed an unexpected fall in unemployment rate, bolstering views that the worst of the economic damage from the virus outbreak was over.

"It's optimism surrounding the reopening of the global economy, and the likely confirmation that the U.S. economy will experience a V-shaped recovery in the second half," said Sam Stovall, chief investment strategist at CFRA Research in New York.

Stocks added to gains late in the session after the U.S. Federal Reserve eased the terms of its "Main Street" lending program.

The energy sector climbed the most among the 11 major S&P sectors as major oil producers agreed over the weekend to extend a deal on record output cuts.
So in spite of a faux "impeachment", a global pandemic, a bogus "lockdown" and rioting and looting savages (not protesters) in many of our major cities destroying neighborhoods and businesses....the NASDAQ hits a record high. The DOW closed at 27,572, ~2000 points off it's peak. Gotta be rough being a Democrat these days-in spite of their best efforts, the Trump economy keeps chugging along. Question-how long before the DOW hits 30K?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 08:04 PM

34,236 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

So in spite of a faux "impeachment", a global pandemic, a bogus "lockdown" and rioting and looting savages (not protesters) in many of our major cities destroying neighborhoods and businesses....the NASDAQ hits a record high. The DOW closed at 27,572, ~2000 points off it's peak. Gotta be rough being a Democrat these days-in spite of their best efforts, the Trump economy keeps chugging along. Question-how long before the DOW hits 30K?
And of course the Media ignores it also and anything positive.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:09 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times
I am so sorry to inform you guys but Dow 50K and an unemployment rate of 1% couldn't save Trump.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And of course the Media ignores it also and anything positive.
Are you surprised? Fewest Chinavirus deaths since March yesterday and not a word. Of course, now that health "experts" are encouraging people to go out and riot, we know the "lockdown" was bogus.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:13 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times
Quote:
Fewest Chinavirus deaths since March yesterday
It's hilarious the Trumpies rant about all the liberal-inspired virus restrictions, but when those very same restrictions start to result in fewer deaths, they give Trump credit!

Old 06-08-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It's hilarious the Trumpies rant about all the liberal-inspired virus restrictions, but when those very same restrictions start to result in fewer deaths, they give Trump credit!
LOL, just what are you smoking? Stop Bogarting. The daily death count has been dropping-since the lockdowns have started to be lifted. The lockdowns, put in place at the urging of our health "experts", did nothing-except to damage the economy, put 40 million people out of work and destroyed the life's work of hundreds of thousands of people.

Or I could be wrong-in which case, hundreds of thousands of rioters, looters, speedbumps and peaceful protesters in major cities will be dying in the next few weeks.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:22 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:

My portfolio is happy.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:22 PM

116 posts, read 143,792 times
Quote:
I am so sorry to inform you guys but Dow 50K and an unemployment rate of 1% couldn't save Trump.
Of course not, Trump will be reelected due to the leftist extremism...

Old 06-08-2020, 08:23 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,346 times
So What!

The tariffs are still killing us as the corporate elite get rich!!

Old 06-08-2020, 08:23 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
I detest Trump, but the stock market has done me well under Trump. Even with the corvid 19 .

Back on Mar 26 I called it out. Buy PPL.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...t-3-day-2.html

Quote:

I have some stocks that surged. Should I sell my stocks now, or wait?
LOL Wait. Depends on the stock. GE or Boeing? Wait. Netflix or Apple absolutely wait. I like PPL because it is a great dividend stock. It's a buy it and forget you have it stock. Low priced. It will never grow like Homedepot or Apple, but it holds it's own especially if you buy low like now.

I bought 60G worth of PPL a week before that post, at just over $19 a share and I have made just under 35g on it. Not bad for a single purchase.

A lot of people like me are doing well. They will back the horse that they think is making them money. Me? I'll do a write in.

I did ok under Obama, but not like I have in the last 3 years.

Apple went crazy. Netflix went crazy. Home depot and many others. All this in spite of the obvious attempts by the democrats to tank the economy and Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies