Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2020, 03:32 PM

7,264 posts, read 4,175,627 times

Advertisements

Indentured Servant - I think you are a slave to your own mind and biases. Until you break those chains - you will never be free. It's your choice and no one else's -- and others are not going to do it for you.

Best of luck in your future.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 03:34 PM

6,443 posts, read 4,016,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
And the reason these places are segregated is BECAUSE WE MAKE A CONSCIOUS CHOICE TO NOT LIVE NEAR WHITES, so what do you expect? Whites are not stopping us from moving anywhere. WE MAKE THAT CHOICE ON OUR OWN. I had a choice and I moved into a 95% white community. BEST DECISION EVER!
So your response to his response of blacks going out to their way to go to black businesses and help black people out economically through discrimination. Is black people should throw off a victim mentality and just do it.

I’m sorry I don’t often agree with Indentured Servant but you’ve offered no real solution. Other than the stereotypical Republican solution of “Just do it!!!!”

I’m sorry but your solution is wholly illogical here compared to his. If everyone just did it we would have a world where every other Republican is Bill Gates. “Just do it” isn’t a solution.

Some Republicans wonder why black folks don’t vote for them and call it pandering when democrats give real tangible solution ideas to black voters. Tax cuts is a real tangible solution Republicans give to business owners. So it’s not like Republicans are the party of “Just do it” To all their voters they give tangible promises to their other voters yet to black voters your using the generic response of “Just do it”. If I wanted to wait in an hour line to vote for someone who’s response was “Just do it” I would have hired a personal trainer. Making an effort to address issues, your platform isn’t giving freebies or pandering but giving an economic reason to vote for you, as long as your platform is “Just do it” you won’t be getting any black voters for a long time.

Their was a time when Republicans actually had a platform to address the needs of black voters but it seems to have largely been abandoned since 1970s.

Also on the case of identity politics, identity politics is all politics to me that’s an inherently stupid term because your base is made up of various identities promising to have god as much as legally possible in government to appease Evangelicals is identity politics thousands of years a go when Romans were promising new infrastructure for merchants was identity politics, all politics is identity politics, it’s a useless term.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:35 PM

24,311 posts, read 9,196,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What in the world does that have to do with the sky high rate of single parenthood in the black community which is where the problem is.
Liberals don’t accept this fact. They think we blacks are born to be victims and criminals.

It doesn’t occur to them that parenting, not race, is the single biggest indicator for success or failure.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:41 PM

21,108 posts, read 13,443,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I believe that children of this age know this is a test and that there is expected to be a right and wrong answer. And they want to get the right answer, even if it isn't what they think.
Yes. And what is the race of the interviewer? Sounds white.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:42 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,650,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Indentured Servant - I think you are a slave to your own mind and biases. Until you break those chains - you will never be free. It's your choice and no one else's -- and others are not going to do it for you.

Best of luck in your future.
Everyone is a slave to their thoughts. It is better to be enslaved by your own thoughts than those of others. Who is always preaching that people think for themselves and stop being sheep being led to what to believe about race and the world?

Like I said before, the big problems that whites have is pointing out the history of white racism and the effects it produced. Whites don't have a problem with people having a victim mentality or people being described as victims. Whites have a problem with people pointing out the wrongs of whites. Hell, whites conservatives were the first to start hollering VICTIM and blaming China for the virus. Then they hollered victim about their freedoms being usurped by stay at home orders that were meant to hold off the virus and save lives. These same white conservatives regularly describe blacks as VICTIMS of liberalism and blacks being brainwashed and suffering from liberal policies. You see, white conservatives have already set the precedent that they themselves see themselves as victims and they themselves see blacks as victims (of white liberals). They just get upset when someone points out white racism....then they get real defensive and angry and try to shame people from doing such by coming up with a pejorative term for people who talk about racism "the victim mentality"....lol. It's so dam transparent.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:42 PM

29,958 posts, read 18,525,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
We have already asked and have the answer to that. Don't come in late for class and you will not have missed that.
No- you don't have the answer otherwise the black community would finally stop blaming everyone else and realize they are to blame for their own problems- no one else. Nearly 100% of your threads involve race, so it must be a topic that is at the forefront of your mind. Being pre-occupied with a divisive, politically originated topic such as race, it is a reflection that you seek to divide and separate, rather than unify and overcome problems. It is a problem with a negative mindset and attitude.

Unfortunately, candid introspection is difficult and blaming someone else for all your problems is easy. Race baiters like Jesse Jackson, Sharpton and Obama have made their careers on convincing other blacks that they are helpless victims of whites and are thus not to blame for anything.

Until blacks start to embrace education, a good work ethic, embrace two parent families, and abandon black "gangsta" culture, they will be doomed. Such "culture" is not compatible with success in a modern computer age, in which education and specialized skills are required. Everyone else will be a serf, regardless of race. Investment bankers, doctors, and engineers don't ditch class in highschool, use recreational drugs, and pursue a "gangsta" culture. You are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and then are shocked when it doesn't fit. Who would have guessed that?????

Wake up and come to grips with reality.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:43 PM

21,108 posts, read 13,443,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Exactly.

Telling the kids to pick one over the other is setting up parameters that may not otherwise exist, in an attempt to obtain a result that might otherwise not even happen.
They don't give the option of both. 'Which doll is the pretty one?' is a forced choice.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No- you don't have the answer otherwise the black community would finally stop blaming everyone else and realize they are to blame for their own problems- no one else.

Unfortunately, candid introspection is difficult and blaming someone else for all your problems is easy. Race baiters like Jesse Jackson, Sharpton and Obama have made their careers on convincing other blacks that they are helpless victims of whites and are thus not to blame for anything.

Pssssstttttttt! I am not asking your approval.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
They don't give the option of both. 'Which doll is the pretty one?' is a forced choice.
No its not. One of the girls said "neither" when asked. She was not bent over and paddles either, for not picking one or the other.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:48 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,328,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
There is no actual plan other than what I described. What is your actual plan for black wealth being 10 times less than whites? What is your plan for black poverty being twice that of whites? What is your plan for black homicides being 9 times that of whites? What is your plan to deal with black having an inferiority complex about being black? What will YOU or America do about any of these things....."since you never owned a slave and not the one responsible?" What is your or Americans plan other than letting these conditions just linger for another 100 years?

If you don't have an action plan....don't ask me for one or criticize anybody with one. Don't point blacks out as a problem if you are not willing to have blacks pointed out when applying the solution.

You cannot solve an inequality without DISCRIMINATION. Do the math....or learn it. There is no plan or solution that does not include some form of discrimination and targeting....which you call racism and black supremacy. Mathematically, show me how you correct an inequality without treating the sides differently. That is your assignment for the day. I already know you will not do it because you can't. It's not possible.
Lol you spend this whole thread hating on whitey and now you want to know Whitey's plan to fix black problems across America?

Time for a nap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies