Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 09:22 AM

36,217 posts, read 30,664,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I believe that children of this age know this is a test and that there is expected to be a right and wrong answer. And they want to get the right answer, even if it isn't what they think.
Yes. They seem to be somewhat nervous or even coached. What color are the interviewers?

So basically since the results of the test have not changed since 1940 segregation had no influence on attitudes about race for blacks or whites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 09:25 AM

11,930 posts, read 6,520,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Here is an example. I work with an Hispanic woman who got pregnant by a black guy. She had the kid and the man never looked back. From day one we worked together all she said was what a loser he was, this and that. I know for fact she didn't shut that off when her son was around so by default her son sees his dad as a loser. Multiply that by a few million single mom families in the black community.

She saw no responsibility for anything that happened.
Yeah, where was her responsibility in using birth control ???

Old 06-09-2020, 09:35 AM

25,119 posts, read 16,146,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Because white domination has conditioned people to see the world in such a way that favors things white. People don't generally like wearing the Jersey of teams with bad records, unless you are from that city. When you are at the top, you set the standards de facto.
unsurprisingly, sadly, you did not address the question. You took "why do black parents teach their black kids they are inferior" and turned it into a metaphor for the success of sports teams. Are the Lakers more popular today than 5 years ago because of LeBron? No. Do you think back in the day a majority of white people liked the Celtics because they had 2 white guys (Bird and McHale)? They didn't

I'm basically waiting now for you to decry the practice of home jerseys being white, and away jerseys being colored as racist. White people NEVER think that way. It is nothing but "the way it is" .... and in fact some teams DON'T wear white at home, in football it's often different than hoops, etc. These days, they don't wear "alternate jerseys" (often black) to promote black people ... they do it to promote jersey sales.

We don't see "white = good, that's why white people are good." Similarly, we don't see "black = bad, that's why black people are bad".

Old 06-09-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Statistics.

News.

Conditions
give us 1 example of racist statistics. Give us 1 example of racist news.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:42 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,676,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
unsurprisingly, sadly, you did not address the question. You took "why do black parents teach their black kids they are inferior" and turned it into a metaphor for the success of sports teams. Are the Lakers more popular today than 5 years ago because of LeBron? No. Do you think back in the day a majority of white people liked the Celtics because they had 2 white guys (Bird and McHale)? They didn't

I'm basically waiting now for you to decry the practice of home jerseys being white, and away jerseys being colored as racist. White people NEVER think that way. It is nothing but "the way it is" .... and in fact some teams DON'T wear white at home, in football it's often different than hoops, etc. These days, they don't wear "alternate jerseys" (often black) to promote black people ... they do it to promote jersey sales.

We don't see "white = good, that's why white people are good." Similarly, we don't see "black = bad, that's why black people are bad".
Well....I have made my claims and stated my solutions and you are free to go your own direction. You don't have to agree with me. I am not asking for that.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
give us 1 example of racist statistics. Give us 1 example of racist news.
I did not say statistics are racist. Statistics give people a reason to see blacks differently and shape a different view of blacks than whites. Then there is the deeper question of the root causes of those skewed statistics, which could be racism's long term impact.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:58 AM

2,180 posts, read 637,386 times
Quote:
I did not say statistics are racist. Statistics give people a reason to see blacks differently and shape a different view of blacks than whites. Then there is the deeper question of the root causes of those skewed statistics, which could be racism's long term impact.

Regardless of what you posit as the cause of the statistics, they are based on facts.

And if people draw conclusions from statistics, then that is not problematic.

Why do you deny black people agency? Why do you assume the role of child in a room full of adults?

You will never be seen as equal so long as you deny yourself self-determination, and constantly see yourself as a victim of circumstance and history.History tells you how you GOT to where you are today. It does NOT help you get WHERE YOU WANT TO BE.

White liberals will be more than happy to feed into your delusion and self-perception as a child-race, which needs to be looked after and who can never be held responsible for anything because they lack capacity. Again. Like children. Or pets.

Keep barking as long as you don't have to clean up your own litter box, I guess? Easier to assume that role then have real discussions about changing behaviors and values (which, btw, were stronger among the black community back when racism was overt and real!)

Old 06-09-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Regardless of what you posit as the cause of the statistics, they are based on facts.

And if people draw conclusions from statistics, then that is not problematic.

Why do you deny black people agency? Why do you assume the role of child in a room full of adults?

You will never be seen as equal so long as you deny yourself self-determination, and constantly see yourself as a victim of circumstance and history.History tells you how you GOT to where you are today. It does NOT help you get WHERE YOU WANT TO BE.

White liberals will be more than happy to feed into your delusion and self-perception as a child-race, which needs to be looked after and who can never be held responsible for anything because they lack capacity. Again. Like children. Or pets.

Keep barking as long as you don't have to clean up your own litter box, I guess? Easier to assume that role then have real discussions about changing behaviors and values (which, btw, were stronger among the black community back when racism was overt and real!)
If being oppressed resulted in blacks being poorer and then people look at blacks as being poor, and are more likely to look down on them because of class....the result is still seeing blacks negatively. Sure, it helps people like you feel you are not racist, but rather, rationalist just going off the data. However, even if the data is indeed factual, if it does not represent the majority of blacks then one is RACIST for assuming and treating other blacks differently as if it does.

All I am saying is that if you look at the world today, just based upon who is at the top and who is own the bottom, it creates a racial hierarchy even without a racist narrative. The richest countries in the world are white. The poorest countries in the world are black. How many commercials have we seen about starving kids in Africa with bloated bellies and flies flying around them? How many news reports to we hear about the black murder suspect on the local news. How many times do we avoid driving through the "bad part of town" and that bad part of time is majority black? How many times have you driven down a major street and watch it go from white to black, from wealth to poverty? Just looking at the world the way it is now, the optics racially paints blacks negatively, without narration. Hence, it's noting that people have to be taught. They sense it. What they have to be taught, however, is the history that explains it. White people are not going to do that and I am not expecting or depending on the to do that. However, its imperative as black people we do that in order to have a healthy view of who we are and not see us as being genetically cursed as inferior.

I am not asking your permission, agreement or your white tax dollars.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
The same people who are quick to point out Jesse Jackson saying that he feels relieved sometimes when the foot steps coming up behind him turns out to be a white person and not black (paraphrasing). Yet, they attack the Doll test as being invalid. No. It speaks truth! People just do not want to accept how deep racism is entrenched into the minds of Americans...particularly blacks.
but perhaps the racism you see isn't the actual racism. If the kids are giving what they think is the "right answer" - that's still racist, but it's not the same as actually making the choice which is "I think this".

Quote:
America is infected with anti-black racism. All groups have the infection. Does this not explain why blacks would kill each other more or have children out of wedlock more? A lack of self respect translates to a lack of respect for others, especially those who remind you of you.
If blacks have this infection, then what are the blacks going to do about it? You want whites to fight racism, OK, we've changed dramatically for the better over the last 60 and 160 years. How are blacks going to change black self-racism?

I would agree that devaluing yourself/others of your race would lead to a higher homicide rate. You'll have to explain to me how that translates to the out-of-wedlock birthrate.

It's quite disturbing, actually. Ask me, the easiest solution to black single parent families is

a) free birth control - though you might not like my prescription
b) changes to tax and even benefit programs that favor 2-parent households.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:17 AM

2,828 posts, read 820,833 times
Quote:
America needs to address racism from the psychological point of view, as well as the economic and physical point of view. The profession you rarely hear quoted in regards to racism, black people, etc, are psychologist. The profession that studies human behavior and the motives behind them is never asked to look into the racial mindset and the cause and effects upon American society. Why? It makes sense that such needs to be done.

The black doll white doll test is by no means scientific and is not without flaws in the way it was conducted. However, it would be a travesty to throw out the TRUTH being told because of the flaws in the way it was conducted or presented. The findings are VALID...even if the methodology is flawed. Many of us, who are black, KNOW this to be true. Its not always true for everyone. I need to say that because many whites like to debunk a claim by showing that its not an ABSOLUTE.

I believe that these youths thoughts exist in the adult subconscious of America. Those youth are vocalizing thoughts that adults have suppressed into their subconscious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpUyB2xgTM&t=277s
More of your propaganda IS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies