Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 09:04 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
There’s a new sin. Forget gluttony. Forget sloth. The great moral error today is whiteness. To be white is to be fallen. Whiteness has become a kind of original sin, an inherited moral defect one must atone for throughout one’s life.
In 3 weeks this sentiment has gone from being parody... exaggeration used to highlight the insanity of racial extremism, to being a simple description of mainstream liberal thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 09:10 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,362,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I guess I will go there "there" now - because I have had this thought for awhile. I'm just going to tell the truth.

Part of this is white folks part because you have never dealt with it. You (collectively) passively sat by while this kept growing and growing.

A few white people tried to do something and sound the alarm on this - but they were labeled as crazy and racist and shoved in the corner by both white folk and black folk.

Drew Brees had an excellent opportunity to stand firm, hold his ground, and start a real discussion. He wimped out.

Limbaugh had an interview with the Breakfast Club last week. We will see where that goes.

But at some point, the truth is going to have to be accepted if any real problem solving will take place. As far as white people go, you are going to have to stop shoving the truth under the carpet.

What's the truth? Chauvin and others should be held accountable for their deeds. If you are not guilty, don't buy in to a guilty mindset.

There are other nuances of this issue out there IMO - this is only a part of the problem.
How about looking in a mirror.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:12 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
I guess I will go there "there" now - because I have had this thought for awhile. I'm just going to tell the truth.

Part of this is white folks part because you have never dealt with it. You (collectively) passively sat by while this kept growing and growing.

A few white people tried to do something and sound the alarm on this - but they were labeled as crazy and racist and shoved in the corner by both white folk and black folk.

Drew Brees had an excellent opportunity to stand firm, hold his ground, and start a real discussion. He wimped out.

Limbaugh had an interview with the Breakfast Club last week. We will see where that goes.

But at some point, the truth is going to have to be accepted if any real problem solving will take place. As far as white people go, you are going to have to stop shoving the truth under the carpet.

What's the truth? Chauvin and others should be held accountable for their deeds.
If you are not guilty, don't buy in to a guilty mindset.

There are other nuances of this issue out there IMO - this is only a part of the problem.

Who is saying that Chauvin and the other cops shouldn't be held accountable?

White people aren't collectively accountable for what Chauvin did any more than black people are collectively accountable for every black person who murders someone.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:15 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

White people aren't collectively accountable for what Chauvin did any more than black people are collectively accountable for every black person who murders someone.
I'm just stating that as truth - not specifically that you or anyone didn't say he should be held accountable.

However - there are white people apologizing for what Chauvin did along with other past offenses.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:16 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
How about looking in a mirror.
Be specific... not sure what you mean...

Old 06-09-2020, 09:23 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
I'm a white man borne of a middle-class family with both parents.

I can realize and acknowledge that I'm WAY toward the top of the inherent privilege scale in the US without feeling guilty about it. I can work toward correcting/mitigating that inherent privilege without feeling guilty.

If someone feels guilty, perhaps they have something to feel guilty about? I dunno.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:23 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...-george-floyd/

"Whiteness" is the new original sin.
It's just as wrong to accuse random black men and women for being in any way responsible for the murder of retired police captain David Dorn.

Arrest in fatal shooting of beloved retired St. Louis police captain during protests

Old 06-09-2020, 09:34 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

Right - - so why are you complaining?

These threads are full of paranoid minds. NOBODY THINKS YOU KILLED GEORGE FLOYD! NOBODY IS SAYING YOU SHOULD FEEL GUILTY! JUST BE EMPATHETIC TO THE PAIN OF OTHERS!

Old 06-09-2020, 09:35 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:

What's the truth? Chauvin and others should be held accountable for their deeds. If you are not guilty, don't buy in to a guilty mindset.

What are you talking about?

It's wrong to mistreat a person simply based upon their skin color. We fought a Civil War over that, and we passed the 13th, 14th, 15th amendments, and the CRA and the Voting Rights Act, and the Equal Rights Employment Act.

Anyone who violates these laws, and any cop who abuses people is not allowed, and they should be punished. The cop responsible for George's death has been arrested and charged with MURDER.

What the hell is this notion that we "have never dealt with it????"

If your beef is that there will always be a small minority of racial bigots out there, then we will never be able to satisfy you or anyone else. There are bigots all over the world, and skin color doesn't make any difference. Hell, the Tutsi murdered Hutu by the hundreds of thousands, and they wee both black. The point is, bigots exist, and they always will.

Trying to claim that it's whites who are the problem does not solve anything. We, as Americans, despise bigotry in all its form, and we have created laws to enforce the equal treatment of all people. Sad truth is, there will always be that small minority who will not follow our laws, but this does not mean the 99% of us are not good people, and playing out our lives being just and fair with everyone around us.

Last edited by Wapasha; 06-09-2020 at 09:52 AM..

Old 06-09-2020, 09:38 AM

2,180 posts, read 639,735 times
Leftist world:

** Immutable characteristic (race/whiteness) = something to atone for. To examine. To blame.

** Chosen lifestyle (religion/Islam) = NOT ALL MUSLIMS! Stop maligning the majority because of the few! Islam is peace!

Leftists live in clown world, and they are trying to bring the circus to your town. Be prepared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies