Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2020, 06:41 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Weird how you say it's terrible what happened to George Floyd, yet you couldn't leave out the part about his criminal record, which had nothing to do with the incident surrounding his death.

It's not about him being a hero, but how he was brutally suffocated to death for over 9 minutes as he repeatedly told the officers he couldn't breathe.

So many people seem to be completely out of touch with what this whole George Floyd/Breanna Taylor/Ahmad Arbery movement means to African-Americans, and it's really sad.
Hey Neu, it had EVERYTHING to do with his death. Had he been an upstanding citizen who had never committed a crime, or at least not been committing a crime that day which made the clerk call 911, he would still be breathing good air.
He shouldn't have been killed, but only he himself put himself in the position for that incident to take place.
His family is happy, they are now rich and they got rid of a scofflaw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 06:46 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yes, the entire fracas the country has gone into is FAR to much. All this going end o er end and over the edge to placate BLM , people begging Black people to forgive them when they've done NOTHING harm Black people, oh, I forgot.. White privilege by way of being born. When Black folks are embarrassed by all this it might be a clue.

Cities disbanding police, amidst burning looting and rioting, JHC I'm just OVER it already. And its gonna get worse before (if) it ever gets better.

I'm ready to fort up my son and his family, my lady love and me on the redoubt digs we have and divorce us all from what's passing for the country right now.

I am DONE.
Yes, it's become so extreme that it's ridiculous. White people washing black people's feet. Kneeling before them begging for forgiveness. Lying prostrate on the cement asking for absolution. Stepping down from jobs so a black guy can take it. The focus on patronizing black businesses (when white businesses have been hurt too, and often by black looters). All headlines on every website of companies I do business with, saying they stand with BLM and black people. Signs plastered all over the place with Black Lives Matter. Changing a street name to Black Lives Matter. (And never mind if you question its ties to antisemitism and/or George Soros - you'll be called a racist.)

And then the honor paid to Floyd. Multiple memorial services in various cities. A televised funeral procession. A former VP of the United States in attendance. This guy was not some Head of State! He didn't deserve to die the way he did, but he WAS an ex-con and a deadbeat dead, high on drugs while passing a counterfeit bill. Let's stop canonizing the man.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:49 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma21 View Post
It’s terrible what the police did for George Floyd but enough is enough already. Memorials on every channel. He had a rap sheet and 1 for assault. He was on drugs when he died. Again. He didn’t deserve to die but making him out to be a hero. And the media is.... is just crazy. What about David Dorn a 77 year old black police officer that was shot and killed by a looter? Doesn’t he deserve a big televised memorial? Can other people have funerals right now? Weddings? Can people gather in church without mask and social distancing? Yet right now people are packed shoulder to shoulder in a church? It’s just so unsettling.
Oh, interesting - I didn't realize that Trump's people had gone to work to discredit Floyd. I wonder if the people saying he was on drugs are the same people who pretended that he died from pre-existing conditions.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:52 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Oh, interesting - I didn't realize that Trump's people had gone to work to discredit Floyd. I wonder if the people saying he was on drugs are the same people who pretended that he died from pre-existing conditions.

Did he or did he not have drugs in his system? He did not die from pre-existing conditions but he sure had them including a positive test for COVID-19

Old 06-09-2020, 06:54 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
pablum.
no one alive has experienced ‘400 years of oppression.’

take that garbage somewhere else.
More to the point, there's one group that is vastly more oppressed than blacks or anyone else: Jews. Funny how you don't see them demanding that everyone in the world pay them for all the past injustices. Funny how they just seem to make it on their own. Historically, despite constantly having the most insane odds and oppression stacked against them, they simply refuse to give up. They just work their butts off and find success against the odds. Guess how many successful Jews there are in this country and throughout the world?

Same thing for the Chinese, Japanese, recent black immigrants from Africa, etc. Hard work, grit, creativity and determination got all of them richer than the average white person, despite having varying degrees of uphill climbs in front of them.

Now consider for a moment that blacks aren't the only ones who were constantly sold into slavery. The word slave comes from the same root of Slav because the Slavs were some of the most likely people to be kidnapped and sent into the absolutely brutal Islamic slave trade. Also consider that the Muslim world took way more black African slaves than anyone else ... but for some reason they get a pass for this fact. I've no idea why. They castrated the male African slaves, destroying any chance for black slaves to have posterity. So bear in mind, if you are a black descendant of slavery, your counterparts in the Muslim world never got a chance to be born at all. Every nation and civilization on the planet did a whole lot of slavery. It was the white western nations that were the ones with the bright idea that it was immoral and should be abolished. They're the ones that more or less forced this idea on the rest of the planet. Hasn't stopped the practice entirely though. Roughly 40 million people worldwide are slaves right now. But hey, who cares about that when blacks here in the USA have the slavery of their great-great grandparents to whine about, am I right?

Since 1980 at the very latest, there hasn't been much of anything stopping blacks from working hard and making successes of themselves. It would probably be a lot more useful to focus on why so many are failing to do so right now. One of the biggest things standing in their way is the Democrat plantation -- the endless stream of handouts as long as they are willing to do all the things that will prevent them from becoming truly successful and prosperous.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:58 PM

477 posts, read 336,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes, it's become so extreme that it's ridiculous. White people washing black people's feet. Kneeling before them begging for forgiveness. Lying prostrate on the cement asking for absolution. Stepping down from jobs so a black guy can take it. The focus on patronizing black businesses (when white businesses have been hurt too, and often by black looters). All headlines on every website of companies I do business with, saying they stand with BLM and black people. Signs plastered all over the place with Black Lives Matter. Changing a street name to Black Lives Matter. (And never mind if you question its ties to antisemitism and/or George Soros - you'll be called a racist.)

And then the honor paid to Floyd. Multiple memorial services in various cities. A televised funeral procession. A former VP of the United States in attendance. This guy was not some Head of State! He didn't deserve to die the way he did, but he WAS an ex-con and a deadbeat dead, high on drugs while passing a counterfeit bill. Let's stop canonizing the man.
It looks like a mass hypnosis session through the mass media.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:01 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,527,393 times
This forum is just a club for racists. Blame the victim, make excuses. So transparent. Some might even say “deplorable”.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
This forum is just a club for racists. Blame the victim, make excuses. So transparent. Some might even say “deplorable”.
They seem to start the most threads here, no doubt.

6,114 posts, read 4,606,165 times
I don't know how I'd feel if I were the family of George Floyd. The massive support might be good in one sense, but then having a loved one's death being so politicized, even if it's for a cause that has the best of intentions, and their life (including the stuff that people wouldn't be so proud of) is under a microscope for the critique of so many total strangers. How would you all feel if this were your loved one and you were reading some of the comments that get spewed out?

This is still a loved one and the grieving is still very fresh at this stage so I don't know that the level of saturation and coverage is a dynamic most people would ever be able to prepare for when grieving.

2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
There is plenty of blame to go around. So shut your pie hole!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies