Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2020, 04:35 PM

431 posts, read 257,469 times

Advertisements

It is too much. The man is not and never was a hero. Neither is Lebron James, Michael Jordan, Drew Breese or any other celebrity that are crying injustice from their million dollar homes. He is however, a martyr; at least in the eyes of the left. They need so bad for him to be the rallying cry for a new agenda to demonize anyone who does not agree with their rhetoric. Specifically, since there is a presidential race going on.

For those of you with bleeding hearts now supporting an agenda you knew little about other than what's on a one sided news network like CNN, or because the CEO of Amazon, Ubber or Pepsi tells you what to think. Or all of the sudden the NFL that is about 70% black (players) now changes coarse and praises the actions of the institution of Black Lives Matter while now supporting the cry that black lives matter; as if they never did.

I know I'll be painted as a racist or whatever easy cop-out term some choose to label me but I do not support this movement. George Floyd did not deserve to die. The individual cop that performed the deed should and will be punished; as should the other police officers involved. But it should be done fairly and we should not submit to mob justice or the opinions that people with agendas want you to believe are true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 05:11 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times
Looked like JFK’s funeral today except his family would have never accepted anything as gauche as a gold casket. The entire thing is so embarrassing.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:15 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Totally over the top……to white people…….but we have not suffered the same injustices, so who are we to judge? We've controlled the narrative, we've had our moment, our moment is every day, so when one man's death actually changes public opinion, something that rarely has ever happened, and perhaps not on this scale since 1968, who are we to say…….over the top?

It may be to us, but we don't feel what black people feel, the same pain, the same injustice, and the same anger.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:19 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Totally over the top……to white people…….but we have not suffered the same injustices, so who are we to judge? We've controlled the narrative, we've had our moment, our moment is every day, so when one man's death actually changes public opinion, something that rarely has ever happened, and perhaps not on this scale since 1968, who are we to say…….over the top?

It may be to us, but we don't feel what black people feel, the same pain, the same injustice, and the same anger.
The reaction of the people who are engaging in peaceful protests isn't over the top. In fact, it seems to be the one thing most of the country has been a united front on - regardless of political preference, age or race.

It's the tv coverage and the fanfare of the rest of the media as though some king just died that some of us are saying is over the top.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:19 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
There is nothing wrong with being privileged unless that privilege was brought about unjustly.
Right. Like being a politician and growing rich.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:49 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:

I personally don't give a ****.

They are Deep South "refugees" in Minnesota here - they brought themselves up here - we never asked for them to come up here and strike break, collect welfare and then burn our fair cities and state to hell with crime and lunacy.

I will start caring about their feelings when they start caring about mine - and/or go back to the Deep South where they were originally brought by a handful of people that died many hundreds of years ago.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:04 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma21 View Post
It’s terrible what the police did for George Floyd but enough is enough already. Memorials on every channel. He had a rap sheet and 1 for assault. He was on drugs when he died. Again. He didn’t deserve to die but making him out to be a hero. And the media is.... is just crazy. What about David Dorn a 77 year old black police officer that was shot and killed by a looter? Doesn’t he deserve a big televised memorial? Can other people have funerals right now? Weddings? Can people gather in church without mask and social distancing? Yet right now people are packed shoulder to shoulder in a church? It’s just so unsettling.
What is going on has very little to do with George Floyd, and everything to do with optics pushed by the media to stir people up.

Defund the police is now the rallying cry from the wannabe revolutionaries.

Let me ask you, is this enough for you all yet?

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...75353614123010

Oh, but remember, "anti fa isn't an organization" - haha, sure it's not.

Look at those borders they have created. They even have border patrols. You know, police.

Everything that they state they don't want, they built right there on Capital Hill in Seattle. I used to live right next to that neighborhood - it's always been a place for the crazy to hang out. All the most progressive turds you could ever want to meet - even back in the 90s - which is why I'm well versed on how these mouth breathers think - hang out on Capital Hill in Seattle. It hasn't changed a bit, except now they've decided to create their own "zones".

You think that has a thing to do with George Floyd? It doesn't. But the media will televise the funeral using Floyd as a prop to agitate more brain dead people into joining this stupidity.

All of this is going to blow up in their faces.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:08 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
You don't understand the "movement" underway, George Floyd only ignited the powder keg of 400 years of oppression.
pablum.
no one alive has experienced ‘400 years of oppression.’

take that garbage somewhere else.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:35 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma21 View Post
It’s terrible what the police did for George Floyd but enough is enough already. Memorials on every channel. He had a rap sheet and 1 for assault. He was on drugs when he died. Again. He didn’t deserve to die but making him out to be a hero. And the media is.... is just crazy. What about David Dorn a 77 year old black police officer that was shot and killed by a looter? Doesn’t he deserve a big televised memorial? Can other people have funerals right now? Weddings? Can people gather in church without mask and social distancing? Yet right now people are packed shoulder to shoulder in a church? It’s just so unsettling.
Yes, the entire fracas the country has gone into is FAR to much. All this going end o er end and over the edge to placate BLM , people begging Black people to forgive them when they've done NOTHING harm Black people, oh, I forgot.. White privilege by way of being born. When Black folks are embarrassed by all this it might be a clue.

Cities disbanding police, amidst burning looting and rioting, JHC I'm just OVER it already. And its gonna get worse before (if) it ever gets better.

I'm ready to fort up my son and his family, my lady love and me on the redoubt digs we have and divorce us all from what's passing for the country right now.

I am DONE.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:40 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The reaction of the people who are engaging in peaceful protests isn't over the top. In fact, it seems to be the one thing most of the country has been a united front on - regardless of political preference, age or race.

It's the tv coverage and the fanfare of the rest of the media as though some king just died that some of us are saying is over the top.
The problem I'm having is that right up until the week before, we were warned of dire consequences (by liberal politicians) if we open the economy too quickly and fail to keep social distancing and wear masks in public. We are still not allowed to gather socially in a group of more than 10, and churches cannot have services. Yet, it is OK that 200,000 people demonstrated in DC this weekend? And thousands upon thousands in multiple cities throughout the country? (And don't get me started on the scumbag looters and arsonists.)

How does one reconcile that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies