Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Blacks killed 3000 unarmed blacks and cops killed 9, which matters more?
Only the 9 matter, the rest don't 6 11.76%
It's math, saving 3000 is better than saving 9 22 43.14%
THe blacks killed by cops deserved it 7 13.73%
I don't care either way 16 31.37%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 06:01 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,451,534 times

Advertisements

Are you kidding me????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 06:04 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here is the difference. When anyone kills a police officer, said person goes to prison for life, possibly the death penalty. People killed by cops, the cops rarely go to prison. It's not about numbers. It's about who gets punished for what. Yes, there are alot more Blacks killing cops than cops killing Blacks. Who is more likely to go to prison for what? The chances of a Black man facing punishment (or getting killed by another person) for killing a cop is much higher than for a cop facing punishment for killing a Black man.
Yep and thats why we have to end cops investigating fellow cops, especially in regard to a cop involved killing. It's a clear conflict of interest and why there is so much distrust.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:05 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I wouldn't count on gang-bangers being unarmed, but if you say so.......
If we go by your logic then "only 9 matters, the rest I don't care" is the logical choice.

Let them gangsters kill each other and help us reduce the filth from our society.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
If we go by your logic then "only 9 matters, the rest I don't care" is the logical choice.

Let them gangsters kill each other and help us reduce the filth from our society.
So you don't believe that the police need to be held to a high standard?

Do you believe that cops physically abusing suspects is perfectly acceptable?

Do you deny a history of cops abusing their power?

I won't argue numbers or which deaths matter most. I don't care what race it is being abused. I will argue that cops investigating cops is a conflict of interest which absolutely leads to abuses and distrust.

You accidentally bump a cop while they are questioning you and you have an assaulting a police officer charge against you. They throw you on the ground, kneel on you, choke you and all before they bother to tell you what you allegedly did wrong, you just have to take it.

There is nothing right about allowing cops to abuse civilians or holding them to a lower standard.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:25 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So you don't believe that the police need to be held to a high standard?

Do you believe that cops physically abusing suspects is perfectly acceptable?

Do you deny a history of cops abusing their power?

I won't argue numbers or which deaths matter most. I don't care what race it is being abused. I will argue that cops investigating cops is a conflict of interest which absolutely leads to abuses and distrust.

You accidentally bump a cop while they are questioning you and you have an assaulting a police officer charge against you. They throw you on the ground, kneel on you, choke you and all before they bother to tell you what you allegedly did wrong, you just have to take it.

There is nothing right about allowing cops to abuse civilians or holding them to a lower standard.
I said, those 9 lives MATTER that were lost due to Police's inability to properly doing their job. No?

Old 06-09-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I said, those 9 lives MATTER that were lost due to Police's inability to properly doing their job. No?
My mistake. Apologies..

I keep seeing arguments that because most blacks are killed by other blacks and that somehow mitigates those wrongly killed by the police.

That is of course a straw argument and has no bearing on death by cop.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:46 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Only the 9 matter, the rest dont

Old 06-09-2020, 07:48 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Isn't that like saying pedophiles rape more boys than Catholic Priest so we shouldn't be making a big deal about a Priest raping a young boy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Are you saying they are inherently violent people and it’s just natural they would get killed by cops because violence begats violence? Interesting!
It means, people should not be overreacting to the lesser issue.

Last edited by NJ Brazen_3133; 06-09-2020 at 08:04 PM..

Old 06-09-2020, 07:49 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So you're saying that making sure all 10 cops that killed blacks (whether black or white or whether or not self defense) go to jail is more important than the lives of 3000 blacks killed by other blacks?

You do realize more whites have been killed by cops than blacks killed by cops and more whites per violent offender have been killed by cops than black violent offenders per capita (that's the facts (if they matter at all)).
None of this changes the fact that when someone kills a cop, they get punished big time. When a cop kills, the likelihood of punishment is lower. The idea of punishment is that there are consequences for killing, whether you're a police officer or a civilian.

These protests, it isn't just about George Floyd or other people who were killed by police officers. This is about justice. Civilians who kill cops are more likely to face justice than cops who kill civilians.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:50 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yep and thats why we have to end cops investigating fellow cops, especially in regard to a cop involved killing. It's a clear conflict of interest and why there is so much distrust.
Who do you think should investigate police officers, to make sure there is justice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies