Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2020, 11:45 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,599,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I'm preparing to see the value of my property go up, up, up, here in Small Town Washington, as anyone with a brain makes the decision to get out of Seattle while the gettin's good. It will be good, as I have been tentatively planning on selling and moving more rural anyway, even before Apocalypse Seattle 2020.

Anybody interested in a 2,000 square foot, 3+ bedroom 2006 rambler with a large organic garden and greenhouse in the back yard? It even comes with a couple of liberal neighbors! You can't have my dog, however.
Good call on keeping the dog !!!

If the democrats get in the WH you will need food !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 12:00 AM

18,151 posts, read 15,576,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This has nothing to do with gangs in the traditional sense.

No violence. No conflict. Just some peaceful protesters smoking joints.

Despite whatever it is Hannity reported, the mayor and governor are aware and seem just fine with peaceful protesters hanging out. It’s probably good for local businesses.
Peaceful protesters smoking joints aye? Is that why this police precinct bugged our? Idk MAM. Something hinky bout dis.

If they are ANTIFA they ain't peaceful anything. I suppose we'll see soon enough. But it is Seattle. It's a funky town. California's finest have been remaking it for decades.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:02 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,980,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Not even. The local government practically handed the buildings over to them.
Kshama Sawant let them into City Hall.

Such is Seattle.
Capitol Hill is who got Sawant re-elected a second time.

You are correct, Seattle is full of these leftist/anarchist idiots.

That said, I have to wonder if there are business owners or residents that are not okay with this "Free Zone" take over. Can business owners (and their associated support) and residents travel freely and at will?

If there is a crime against person or property committed within the zone, and police are not allowed in, how is it resolved? By internal tribunals (or mobs) conducted by these idiots?

This is why we have a 2nd amendment. Not that 95% of the idiots in Capitol Hill care.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:08 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,415,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This has nothing to do with gangs in the traditional sense.

No violence. No conflict. Just some peaceful protesters smoking joints.

Despite whatever it is Hannity reported, the mayor and governor are aware and seem just fine with peaceful protesters hanging out. It’s probably good for local businesses.
Already all their food was taken by the homeless and a beating was recorded on video.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:10 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,415,671 times
They've set up walls. They're asking for armed guards.

The irony!

Old 06-11-2020, 12:47 AM

24,370 posts, read 22,982,365 times
And the homeless ate all their vegan food so now they have to beg. George Soros can spring for their door dash.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:52 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,599,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
They've set up walls. They're asking for armed guards.

The irony!
The people want guns to get rid of people with guns !!!

Old 06-11-2020, 12:53 AM

30,105 posts, read 18,921,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
It's on Hannity Now.....even the Washington Governor didn't know....
I don't know why they don't take it all, no one is trying to stop them.

Old 06-11-2020, 01:14 AM

4,854 posts, read 2,019,926 times
This is a repost from my post in the Seattle forum. I felt that it was very relevant for the political forum as well... ANYWAY!!

Well, it’s not a shocker that the Seattle Mayor, the entire City Counsel and the Police Chief of Seattle had freely surrendered a part of the city to chaos and anarchy. I would say I feel bad for the residence who live there, but I’m not. I’m pretty sure that they supported this type of activity... In the beginning, until it became a reality, that they now have to live with. So, I guess they can also enjoy the newly found freedom of living without the fears of police oppression that was terrorizing them, every single minute of their “way above average” income lives.

This would includes the business owners as well, since many of them were barely hanging on after the Covid-19 restrictions... Now add this to the mix and I’m sure many places will simply fold up and fade away. If the business owners had spoken up two or three days earlier, “maybe” the city’s failed leadership “might” have done something. This is sad since Capital Hill will probably not be the same once this silliness blows over, if many of the unique businesses and clubs do not reopen.

I’m disappointed that Sawant isn’t running around this illegally “occupation zone” wearing her Chairman Mao style hat... with the huge Red Star. Plus!! Carrying a pocket full of matches and a five gallon can of gasoline... To show the “people” of Seattle that even delusional multi-millionaires can be really cool and hip people too!!

I guess this is will be the first test to see all the happiness and joys of “mob rule” in a society without any police enforcement or adult supervision.

If this “area” is now truly autonomous and no longer part of the United States or Washington State, as Antifa members claim, then why haven’t our local/State leadership cut all the electrical power, wireless internet/phone services and water to this area?? Why are American citizens and Washington State residents paying with our tax dollars to maintain something that we do not control?? I’m sure that these freedom fighters and anti fascist warriors would be very grateful to completely break away from all these “oppressive and controlling” utilities and every other oppressive services our evil fascist government uses to suppress AND oppress the people.

Hopefully within the very near future, President Trump, with Congress approval, will send in the 82nd Airborne and the 3rd Armor Divisions, along with an Aircraft Carrier Battle Group and several squadrons of B-52 Bombers to support the Invasion and the following Battle of Capital Hill... To reclaim the sovereign territory of the United States from these treasonous rebel forces.

Anyway!! I’m not going to lie since it sucks that I was really looking forward to the reopening of the Elliott Bay Bookstore, Everyday Music and Big Mario’s Pizza. I guess I’ll have to get my pizza-swerve on at Big Mario’s other place on 5th Avenue North.

...And yes, I think this whole situation is sad, yet funny at the same time since, I and many others, saw something like this coming right from the beginning.

Old 06-11-2020, 03:55 AM

16,018 posts, read 6,766,724 times
Seattle? Huh? So this is where all the little angry college kids go to yell...kick...and scream...
Someone please put out an amber alert and tell the parents to come and pick up their unruly children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies