Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 04:37 AM

33,865 posts, read 16,906,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
How'd you like to be a business owner there and have a gang thug come in and say your paying us $1,000 a month rent or we destroy you. That's whats happening there.
It is a 3rd world city now.

I'd move permanently.

Any city ceding control to terrorists does not deserve a business community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 04:50 AM

11,677 posts, read 5,700,835 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxFCdrWh3U8

Gives some insight on what's going on and how clueless these kids are. I hadn't heard of any gangs but did read that the John Brown Gun Club was doing the policing. I don't think that will end well either as they believe in aggression. This article explains who John Brown was and how assertive he was.

https://www.history.com/topics/aboli...ent/john-brown

Old 06-11-2020, 04:51 AM

30,226 posts, read 23,649,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Capitol Hill is who got Sawant re-elected a second time.

You are correct, Seattle is full of these leftist/anarchist idiots.

That said, I have to wonder if there are business owners or residents that are not okay with this "Free Zone" take over. Can business owners (and their associated support) and residents travel freely and at will?

If there is a crime against person or property committed within the zone, and police are not allowed in, how is it resolved? By internal tribunals (or mobs) conducted by these idiots?

This is why we have a 2nd amendment. Not that 95% of the idiots in Capitol Hill care.
It clearly says it's a "free" area for all...except the police...meaning the city's police, not the police and judges that they are now. They have become that which they despise. Too funny.

I say let them have their little zone. Right now it's summer, so it's not so bad. Let them have it. And yes, in the meantime, since they're "autonomous", shut off the power in that area.

The city won't turn off any towers because if one person did need to call 911 for whatever reason, and could not, that would just make these little panty wastes martyrs. But the power? Shut it off. Shut off the water in the entire area.

Then....

Wait until the rain starts pouring. Wait until it gets cold at night. Wait until there's so much filth, but since they are against the city, no city waste management will come pick it all up. Wait until disease starts to spread because they live in filth.

Wait until people start arguing and breaking off into new factions. Wait until those factions start warring with each other. Wait until someone comes up and beats the snot out of a few of them...who are they going to call? Wait until the neighborhood quits thinking it's cute and gets fed up.

Let it run its course - it's the only way these dumb arses will ever learn.

Sit back, watch, enjoy.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:53 AM

11,677 posts, read 5,700,835 times
OMG - these little brats need someone to put a boot up their arse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79G8BaDqEc0

Old 06-11-2020, 04:57 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,475,260 times
The more that leftist mayors abandon their government offices to leftist gang members seeking to take over the cities, the more likely a Trump win in the fall.

Old 06-11-2020, 05:00 AM

7,795 posts, read 6,366,958 times
Hopefully the republicans get some revenge for Waco here.

Old 06-11-2020, 05:01 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,475,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
OMG - these little brats need someone to put a boot up their arse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79G8BaDqEc0
This is the result of progressive parents being totally permissive with their little angels. The closest I ever came to witnessing just how disrespectful and full of themselves these brats are is when I was still working, and 22-year-olds gave “lip” to their 50-year-old bosses, telling them in no uncertain terms just exactly which assignments they felt worthy of their talents and which they felt were below them.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:01 AM

20,957 posts, read 5,531,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
This is a repost from my post in the Seattle forum. I felt that it was very relevant for the political forum as well... ANYWAY!!

Well, it’s not a shocker that the Seattle Mayor, the entire City Counsel and the Police Chief of Seattle had freely surrendered a part of the city to chaos and anarchy. I would say I feel bad for the residence who live there, but I’m not. I’m pretty sure that they supported this type of activity... In the beginning, until it became a reality, that they now have to live with. So, I guess they can also enjoy the newly found freedom of living without the fears of police oppression that was terrorizing them, every single minute of their “way above average” income lives.

This would includes the business owners as well, since many of them were barely hanging on after the Covid-19 restrictions... Now add this to the mix and I’m sure many places will simply fold up and fade away. If the business owners had spoken up two or three days earlier, “maybe” the city’s failed leadership “might” have done something. This is sad since Capital Hill will probably not be the same once this silliness blows over, if many of the unique businesses and clubs do not reopen.

I’m disappointed that Sawant isn’t running around this illegally “occupation zone” wearing her Chairman Mao style hat... with the huge Red Star. Plus!! Carrying a pocket full of matches and a five gallon can of gasoline... To show the “people” of Seattle that even delusional multi-millionaires can be really cool and hip people too!!

I guess this is will be the first test to see all the happiness and joys of “mob rule” in a society without any police enforcement or adult supervision.

If this “area” is now truly autonomous and no longer part of the United States or Washington State, as Antifa members claim, then why haven’t our local/State leadership cut all the electrical power, wireless internet/phone services and water to this area?? Why are American citizens and Washington State residents paying with our tax dollars to maintain something that we do not control?? I’m sure that these freedom fighters and anti fascist warriors would be very grateful to completely break away from all these “oppressive and controlling” utilities and every other oppressive services our evil fascist government uses to suppress AND oppress the people.

Hopefully within the very near future, President Trump, with Congress approval, will send in the 82nd Airborne and the 3rd Armor Divisions, along with an Aircraft Carrier Battle Group and several squadrons of B-52 Bombers to support the Invasion and the following Battle of Capital Hill... To reclaim the sovereign territory of the United States from these treasonous rebel forces.

Anyway!! I’m not going to lie since it sucks that I was really looking forward to the reopening of the Elliott Bay Bookstore, Everyday Music and Big Mario’s Pizza. I guess I’ll have to get my pizza-swerve on at Big Mario’s other place on 5th Avenue North.

...And yes, I think this whole situation is sad, yet funny at the same time since, I and many others, saw something like this coming right from the beginning.

What can I say? This is probably the best post of the year! Well spoken, bergun!

Old 06-11-2020, 06:01 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,045,216 times
We are going to be blocks away from the little "tent fort" today. I'll keep my ear to the ground

I do sincerely hope that the President sends the memo to the ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS Washington Governor..

Bring it on Mr. President.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:03 AM

20,957 posts, read 5,531,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The more that leftist mayors abandon their government offices to leftist gang members seeking to take over the cities, the more likely a Trump win in the fall.

I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies