Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 03:21 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
I have yet to see, or meet, anyone from the group, Antifa.

Other than that, folk who are truly peacefully taking to the streets want the same thing....to have a "government that works for us, not the other way around." I don't see, or know, anyone who wants "an end capitalism." They want a government that treats them fairly, and are not trying to "use government to dictate how everyone else 'should' live."
I can't see you but I'm fairly sure you do exist, just like ANTIFA !!!

Putting in power the communist left democrats won't get you any of what you want !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 03:44 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
"We do not reject our traditions. But we are willing to adapt to changing circumstances, when change we must. We are willing to suffer the discomfort of change, in order to achieve a better future. We have a positive vision of the future, founded on the belief, that the gap between the promise and reality of America can one day be finally closed. We believe that."
--Barbara Jordan

Vacuous rant above.

These hive minded Marxists ALWAYS discount, or completely ignore HUMANITY.

We're all NOT the same. Some achieve, some DON'T EVEN TRY.

You cannot have equal results for ALL, unless the result is misery for all.

Grow up, losers!

Last edited by SeaMaj7; 06-12-2020 at 03:58 AM..

Old 06-12-2020, 03:57 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Those who have, and those who still are, suppressing the ballot,
Who is this? Specifically.

Old 06-12-2020, 03:57 AM

24,407 posts, read 23,065,142 times
The thing is, people can't expect to be *******s and not get called on it. Act like an ass protesting or beating a demonstrator, get in peoples faces over Covid 19 rules pro or con, be a racist or be a racist anti racist fascist, whatever. We're seeing society collapse because nobody knows how to interact civilly with each other any more.
Who is sitting back laughing at all of us? The Elite 1% of 1%. They had billions shifted to their pet foundations and causes and ran up even more massive debts that the country now has to pay THEM, all with money they printed out of thin air.
You can be suckered into thinking your life is crap because somebody different than you has it out for you. Its always easy to blame somebody else. But guess what, the elite 1% of 1% do have it out for the rest of us and we're all in their cross hairs.
And you'll still be the easiest to get stomped on when you help bring about a police state you think will help make your lives better.

Old 06-12-2020, 04:15 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post

Vacuous rant above.

These hive minded Marxists ALWAYS discount, or completely ignore HUMANITY.

We're all NOT the same. Some achieve, some DON'T EVEN TRY.

You cannot have equal results for ALL, unless the result is misery for all.

Grow up, losers!
That "vacuous rant" is taken from what is considered one of the great speeches in American History.

Old 06-12-2020, 04:22 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
......there is going to be change! Whether people embrace it, or don't! Change is a part of life. There is nothing wrong with that!

Whether it's political, social, or demographic change. Fighting any type of change is futile. Now, one could have a point that excesses can have consequences. But folk cannot resist "excesses" with totally keeping things as they are.

Fellow American citizens are not the enemy, solely because they have different views.
There's nothing wrong with wanting accountability from the people who are sworn to lead and protect us.
There's nothing wrong with advocating new directions.

If people are taking to the streets, that means there is a breakdown in trust in leadership. Folk can talk about the "excesses," but there's nothing wrong with peacefully wanting change, when folk can no longer trust their leaders.

From reading the posts on this forum, I strongly believe that folk don't even want peaceful action. They just want things to stay as they are. Either that, or folk want "quiet change." I've learned, that change, especially in America, has never been quiet. Folk who say "just shut up and go to vote." Well, I've learned that contrary to public opinion, the ballot box is far from quiet! Those who have, and those who still are, suppressing the ballot, already know that fact!

In sum, as the great American musician Sam Cooke once said......A change gonna come!

Weren't all you people supposed to have "changed" your address to Canada by now?

Old 06-12-2020, 04:23 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
......there is going to be change! Whether people embrace it, or don't! Change is a part of life. There is nothing wrong with that!

Whether it's political, social, or demographic change. Fighting any type of change is futile. Now, one could have a point that excesses can have consequences. But folk cannot resist "excesses" with totally keeping things as they are.

Fellow American citizens are not the enemy, solely because they have different views.
There's nothing wrong with wanting accountability from the people who are sworn to lead and protect us.

If people are taking to the streets, that means there is a breakdown in trust in leadership. Folk can talk about the "excesses," but there's nothing wrong with peacefully wanting change, when folk can no longer trust their leaders.

From reading the posts on this forum, I strongly believe that folk don't even want peaceful action. They just want things to stay as they are. Either that, or folk want "quiet change." I've learned, that change, especially in America, has never been quiet. Folk who say "just shut up and go to vote." Well, I've learned that contrary to public opinion, the ballot box is far from quiet! Those who have, and those who still are, suppressing the ballot, already know that fact!

In sum, as the great American musician Sam Cooke once said......A change gonna come!
"Fellow American citizens"...… are the enemy when they riot, loot, set fires, and destroy buildings. You want to protest peacefully, fine. When you cross over to illegal behavior, you lose me and you lose more than half of the country.

Read this link, and inform yourself. We DO have domestic enemies.
https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy....nd-domestic-2/

Old 06-12-2020, 04:24 AM

934 posts, read 402,805 times
They just want to tear down the Trump crime family. And reinstate their own brand of criminals. That's what this is about and there is nothing new under the sun about it. If there's gonna be a breakup of your country, for them it is a small price to pay. Your lives and livelihoods do not matter to them. They never have. Trump doesnt give a f. Neither do republican and democratic elite, and neither do billionaires. Actually, any of these groups are working and will work and have actively worked against your interests whenever it benefited them.

That circus in Seattle WA everybody is laughing about - cause, yes, it has elements that are hysterically funny, so I understand the sentiment - it is going to stop being funny, just give it time. And space, because this **** is about to get bigger. Not necessarily right there, but who cares. You really think it is going to end up with a group of soy neckbeards and aspiring rappers who can't organize a closet, let alone revolution and can't run a lemonade stand, let alone an autonomous zone. Give them some time. Some people we all know are already giving them some money.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/s...78961104257024

Old 06-12-2020, 04:26 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:

LOL. There won't be no change. It's all lip service because it's an election year. As soon as the election is done, everything will go back to normal for the next 2 to 4 years.

Old 06-12-2020, 04:27 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
"Fellow American citizens"...… are the enemy when they riot, loot, set fires, and destroy buildings. You want to protest peacefully, fine. When you cross over to illegal behavior, you lose me and you lose more than half of the country.

This 100%

They're domestic terrorists as far as I'm concerned and should be treated as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies