Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2020, 12:39 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Of course, but by culture and not a fabricated characteristic called race.
The natural condition of man is tribalism. And the natural segregation is ancestry. The tribe was your extended-family. Race is an arbitrary social-construct which has very little basis in biology, only loosely associated with ancestry. And if "society" collapsed, everyone would run home to their families. They are the only people you can trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
But seriously, it's not Black people that you should be worried about. U.S. history shows that it wasn't us who went on rampages, destroying communities, and even overthrowing state and local governments and not because of any sort of actual loss, but because they didn't want other folks as players in the game. You're in Oklahoma so you should know this.
I was listening to Juan Williams several years ago in a discussion on Fox News about which is worse, racism or sexism. And he said something like, "sexism doesn't threaten to tear the country apart, racism does". I thought it was amazingly insightful for someone on Fox News.

Let's pretend we could go back to the 1960's and the government didn't pass anti-discrimination laws, what would have happened? The United States wouldn't exist.

At that time the United States was in the Cold War, fighting proxy wars all over the world against communism. We allied ourselves with various factions in countries across Asia, Africa, Latin-America, and the Middle-East. The United States could ill afford a "race war" in the middle of the Vietnam War at the height of the Cold War. Not only were the riots and boycotts having an economic impact, but how could we keep our non-white allies if race-wars are being fought in the streets of our cites? And when the representatives of those allied countries came to America, they also couldn't sit at our lunch counters.

If you look around it seems black people are basically the most powerful force in the country. Which should be rather odd since they are small minority and they are the poorest people in the country. What is going on?

Simple, black people could easily destroy the United States, and they are angry enough, and feel justified enough to do it. And trying to crack down on their uprising would appear like a race-war, and would likely incite a race-war. Throw on top of that, our military is already heavily overrepresented with minorities, especially ground forces.

Back in the 1960's blacks pressured the US government, and the government bought them off by offering them affirmative-action, preferential hiring, anti-discrimination laws, and an expansion of the welfare system. This was deemed acceptable and the boycotts, protests, and riots ended.

After the Soviet Union collapsed, the United States became the only superpower in the world. The communist agitators both abroad and in our own country had been defeated. No one stood to benefit from even the threat of the dissolution of the United States. The United States became the unrivaled master of the world. As a result, the political system shifted, prison and welfare reform were passed, and the "black question" basically disappeared from public consciousness.

But with the ascendancy of China and the resurgence of Russia, foreign agitators wanting to weaken the United States, and domestic agitators who see an opportunity to push their own interests, are again stoking racial resentment. If blacks hold the economy and the security of the country at ransom, they could demand just about anything and get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 12:56 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
My understanding is that Neanderthals, and possibly others, alive then were of the same genus (Homo) but are considered separate species. Modern human races, while they are not normally called "subspecies", do meet the definition of that term, since members of these groups are easily distinguishable from each other.
There is debate whether they are to be classified as distinct Homo species or Homo sapien sub-species. A main criteria to be considered a sub-species is having the ability to reproduce fertile offspring. Therefore, Denisovans and Neanderthals are sometimes grouped as Homo sapien sub species.

If human races had an official taxonomic rank, it would be somewhere below sub-species. Examples of existing subspecies within other mammals have greater genetic variation than us humans.

Old 06-27-2020, 02:28 AM

27,546 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Who lives in the ghetto that makes it a bad place?
People with low incomes and low educational attainment levels.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:15 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
New York City was different back in 60s, 70s, and 80s. Other cities were having similar problems. Alot of cities still have segregated areas and racial tensions. It's just a bit different from those days.

I remember going to high school during the early 2000s. There were girls who were told "no Black guys or you'll be disowned ". I'll admit to having watching films that scared me. In 2004 I finally watched Jungle Fever. I remember the scene where Angie was beaten by her father for sleeping with a Black man (Angie was in her 20s. Quite odd). Granted, it was only a movie, but it left me wondering about how interracial relationships are perceived. What you said reminded me of that movie.

That small town in NC has some similarities to the rural/suburban town in Georgia I lived in during middle school and high school. I ran into racists while living there, particularly at school. I went to school with some of the same "trash" that you mentioned. I got bullied alot by said persons, to the point of violence in a few cases. I also grew up during the time skateboarding was popular. Man those skateboarders could be mean.

I know that being a racist is not particular to Whites. I worked at a job where I was among the few Blacks among mostly Hispanic staff. Some of my co-workers bullied me. No White people there. I was being called racist slurs by Hispanic individuals. I watched a Pakistani guy call a Black guy the N word over the phone, in Black neighborhood. A Haitian woman mentioned that she wasn't allowed to date Black American men. I know this stuff happens. I've seen it for myself.
It's messed up, man. I'll never understand and am honestly baffled, I know it sounds dumb but I truly don't understand, as it makes no sense and is so illogical, why the -"ism" isn't against lowlifes no matter their race, and normal folks, no matter their race. I've known enough lowlife whites to know they are in no way superior, and enough kick ass blacks to know they are in no way inferior (as races), BUT...

if you look at the lowlifes of both races, Hispanic too (who are white, race-wise though ethnically another group), you shall see the folks who are "inferior", living in a disgusting manner. This is so not exclusive to race! Or culture as I think about it...

Even Asians, who here in USA we see the best of the best...omg go to Manila...Cambodia...same disgusting behaviors among the low classes...the slum dwellers selling their children into prostitution are not the ones who emigrate here. You see the same lack of responsibility, lack of using birth control, filth, animal abuse, child neglect...

Native Americans...omfg...look up Pine Ridge. Child abuse off the charts, addiction, alcoholism...no one has a job. I know a gal who does dog rescue out there...animal abuse is like normal to them...

Classism is logical. Racism is not.

Old 06-27-2020, 07:12 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
It's messed up, man. I'll never understand and am honestly baffled, I know it sounds dumb but I truly don't understand, as it makes no sense and is so illogical, why the -"ism" isn't against lowlifes no matter their race, and normal folks, no matter their race. I've known enough lowlife whites to know they are in no way superior, and enough kick ass blacks to know they are in no way inferior (as races), BUT...

if you look at the lowlifes of both races, Hispanic too (who are white, race-wise though ethnically another group), you shall see the folks who are "inferior", living in a disgusting manner. This is so not exclusive to race! Or culture as I think about it...

Even Asians, who here in USA we see the best of the best...omg go to Manila...Cambodia...same disgusting behaviors among the low classes...the slum dwellers selling their children into prostitution are not the ones who emigrate here. You see the same lack of responsibility, lack of using birth control, filth, animal abuse, child neglect...

Native Americans...omfg...look up Pine Ridge. Child abuse off the charts, addiction, alcoholism...no one has a job. I know a gal who does dog rescue out there...animal abuse is like normal to them...

Classism is logical. Racism is not.
Correction. Most Hispanics in our country and south of our border are of mixed race. They aren't just plain ole white. They have strong Amerindian roots.

Old 06-27-2020, 07:24 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
These are Asians though. They tend to be successful. Show me a predominantly black or Latino town where those same things apply.
Kettering, MD. 90% black, median household income of 78,000.

Woodmore, MD. 65% black, median household income of 98,000.

Actually you could look up a lot of towns in Prince George’s County, MD, since it is the wealthiest majority black county in the country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodmore,_Maryland

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettering,_Maryland

Old 06-27-2020, 07:24 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
As if white do no crime??? Hahaha
You don’t think the severity of crime is different between black and white neighborhoods? There are very few, if any, white gangs running around shooting each other. Sure white kids shoplift, sometimes fight and blow up mailboxes. Every now and then, there’s even a mass shooting in a random school.

This is a far cry from the cluster**** that is a typical black neighborhood. The local schools are zoos. Videos of students acting like a bunch of animals, disrespecting teachers and even assaulting them are common. Maybe learning to read or algebra would help their situation, but no. Packs of teenagers are to be avoided at all costs. Tell white kids to behave or be quiet, they might curse at you. Tell this to a black kid and you’re in for a 20 on 1 beatdown, even from females. Children are out at 2am shooting each other when they’re not exhausted from punching random elderly people in the face all day.

White people are going to live in places that are beneficial to them and their families. We’re not going to move to a ghetto because it’s “good for equality”.

Old 06-27-2020, 07:28 AM

380 posts, read 125,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ust-ncna873556

It's worst than the 60s in many ways, only its voluntary.

White people live in communities with few to no black people, and feel uncomfortable in opposing neighborhoods.

Most of the progressives here who talk about understand black people's experiences would/could never live in a black community, most probably live in a majority white community.

If Americans don't understand one another, maybe its because they don't live or interact with one another.

Even in New York, a diverse city, the white enclaves just meters away from Harlem has almost no intra-migration.

And I don't mean buying a house in the hood, but just interacting with one another. Colonists on the frontier didn't live with the natives, but they traded and interacted with them. When does that ever happen now?

There are token people of color in every place, but that is besides the point.

And its getting more segregated, so how can you understand black people if you don't go to their stores, houses, or community centers?
I do understand them, that's why I avoid them.

But, to be fair, I avoid white trash and low-class Hispanics, also. I like the average law-abiding, tax-paying black person, but they should stop defending their ghetto-trash.

Old 06-27-2020, 07:30 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Correction. Most Hispanics in our country and south of our border are of mixed race. They aren't just plain ole white. They have strong Amerindian roots.
My undergrad degree is in cultural anthro.
The races are: Caucasian, Negroid, Mongoloid and Australoid.

Hispanics are classed as Caucasoid. (as are East Indians, though American Indians were classified as belonging to the Mongolian race when I was at uni, maybe that's changed)

Old 06-27-2020, 07:31 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,513,658 times
Why is America so segregated?

Because there are so many white people as a percentage of the total population. It's simple.

But some parts of the country, like Texas over to California, are "browning" as time goes on. My California cousin just like to say they have that "international look."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies