Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 02:43 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Identity politics. Kill it now before it kills us all

But the liberal left loves their identity politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one is born racist. It's taught. That's very sad.

Who taught you to be racist? I haven't been taught how to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 07:25 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
because people in general like to be with similar type of people

that's is why you have Chinatown's...and little Italy...and little havanna..etc

black people WANT to hang out with black people...Hispanic people WANT to hang out with Hispanic people... etc

and its not just color of their skin, or their ethnic heritage... it can also be based on their creed also....

I was stationed down at Bragg, in NC..the town we lived in was diverse as far as skin color, but being New York Italian Roman Catholics in a Baptist/born again community..we were the minorities...…

I guess the question for the OP and the opinion article from the OP is "why should diversity be forced?"
Why can't people just accept the reality of this instead of pulling the race card?

Old 06-30-2020, 07:30 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why can't people just accept the reality of this instead of pulling the race card?
Because they require never ending fantasy talking points in order to stay relevant.

At the end of the day, everyone knows why the races don't integrate and only those who are most insulated from having to integrate allow themselves to feel the most indignation as to why they don't.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:31 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Plenty of people prefer to date out of their race, sometimes exclusively.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:38 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Given a large enough population, any number can be categorized as "plenty".

But the reality is that unless we are talking about non-White men preferring White women or outside of certain minority social classes (ie: urban educated minorities), the realized desire to date outside of one's race is pretty rare. Most people don't even have significant access to members of the opposite sex outside of their race. Genetic spread in geographic locations, within a short period of time, tends to work against it (ie: genetics tend to homogenize in any one locale over a couple of generations).

Old 06-30-2020, 08:22 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
So what? That doesn't change the fact that most people prefer to be around those who are like them racially and culturally. It's human nature.

I don't understand the concept of "preferring" to date someone out of their race/culture and certainly not exclusively. What do they have in common?

Old 06-30-2020, 08:40 AM

1,134 posts, read 404,804 times
Quote:
So what? That doesn't change the fact that most people prefer to be around those who are like them racially and culturally. It's human nature.
That is very true. I asked an Asian girl out once, just for a lunch during the day. I didn't know her very well, just a little bit. She politely said, "You're very nice but I just prefer to hang out with Asian guys. I'm sorry."

So instead I asked a white girl I already knew, and we had a nice lunch together.

But don't mention you prefer people from your own race around any Liberals or DNC supporters. They will quickly call you a racist and demand you retract that statement because it hurts their sensitivities.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:56 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:

I don't understand the concept of "preferring" to date someone out of their race/culture and certainly not exclusively. What do they have in common?
Often it is after that have had bad luck with dating or marriage within their own circles, they look outside. For instance going out of the country to find a mate. There are a lot of white men who prefer Asian or Latino women to white women who they think are insufferable.

There are increasing numbers of white women who prefer black men, not the black guy from accounting but badass ghetto rappin' black men with prison time street cred, like "Big" George Floyd and the taser guy who did have a white girlfriend while his black wife and kid were at home. It seems to bring some kind of excitement into their lives as well as virtue signaling their non-racism and lording that over their friends who are with lame, boring and hated white men. If you ever see a white woman with an ace of spades tattoo there's your sign.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:11 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,790 times
Quote:
Often it is after that have had bad luck with dating or marriage within their own circles, they look outside. For instance going out of the country to find a mate. There are a lot of white men who prefer Asian or Latino women to white women who they think are insufferable.

There are increasing numbers of white women who prefer black men, not the black guy from accounting but badass ghetto rappin' black men with prison time street cred, like "Big" George Floyd and the taser guy who did have a white girlfriend while his black wife and kid were at home. It seems to bring some kind of excitement into their lives as well as virtue signaling their non-racism and lording that over their friends who are with lame, boring and hated white men. If you ever see a white woman with an ace of spades tattoo there's your sign.
A lot of women are attracted to men who need fixing I think.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:13 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Given a large enough population, any number can be categorized as "plenty".

But the reality is that unless we are talking about non-White men preferring White women or outside of certain minority social classes (ie: urban educated minorities), the realized desire to date outside of one's race is pretty rare. Most people don't even have significant access to members of the opposite sex outside of their race. Genetic spread in geographic locations, within a short period of time, tends to work against it (ie: genetics tend to homogenize in any one locale over a couple of generations).
Not true and you don't want to go there. Lotta stuff there that'll end up breaking the TOS. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies