Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 02:42 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,573,488 times

Advertisements

All of these anti anarchy posts surprise me. I am from North Carolina and I thought most everybody up there was in favor of this sort of thing. If this CityData group representative of the Seattle community as a whole ?

Old 06-11-2020, 02:48 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,297,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Ah yes the old “right-wing” boogeyman surfaces yet again, let’s get the so-called white nationalists in there too, rather than accepting who is really responsible for what’s going on.

No wonder they’re getting away with it in a city full of an enabler mentality
To be clear, I'm not talking about white nationalists, even though I'm sure there are a few milling about. What I meant is that it is true shame that white protestors (many of them young) are using this time to press for their "grievances" as well. It has certainly been heartening to see white people standing up for their fellow African American humans, that's much overdue and something we all should be doing. I am all for peaceful protesting and making the police more accountable. This cordoning off an area of the city and expanding the demand list to rent control, etc is a terrible idea and dilutes the righteous progress that might be made.

Old 06-11-2020, 02:48 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,671,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
How do I join the Proud Boys?
You have to insert something up your butt live on camera. I don't know why, but they think it "owns the libs" or something. I think everyone is mystified by it, even leader Gavin McInnes has failed to explain it properly after the video spread like wildfire over the internet.

Old 06-11-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
How do I join the Proud Boys?
Hope you are joking, that's not something to aspire to.

Old 06-11-2020, 03:03 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,671,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
All of these anti anarchy posts surprise me. I am from North Carolina and I thought most everybody up there was in favor of this sort of thing. If this CityData group representative of the Seattle community as a whole ?
City-data users are not a good representation of Seattle people. Forum users tend to be an older crowd for a start, and the more conservative people tend to post more because the media sets them off a lot about things they don't like. People who are content and happy don't post much at all, even fewer will visit this site. But most Seattle people aren't pro-anarchy anyway (not the same as liberal or progressive), and this doesn't really count as anarchy - it's hard to define what it really is apart from a lack of police for a couple of blocks. The outrage far exceeds anything that is actually happening there, which is not much. Graffiti is the worst of it. It will fizzle out in a few weeks like the whole Occupy movement did and everything will be back to normal again.

Old 06-11-2020, 03:14 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
To be clear, I'm not talking about white nationalists, even though I'm sure there are a few milling about. What I meant is that it is true shame that white protestors (many of them young) are using this time to press for their "grievances" as well. It has certainly been heartening to see white people standing up for their fellow African American humans, that's much overdue and something we all should be doing. I am all for peaceful protesting and making the police more accountable. This cordoning off an area of the city and expanding the demand list to rent control, etc is a terrible idea and dilutes the righteous progress that might be made.
So what is your solution?

Old 06-11-2020, 03:34 PM

41 posts, read 19,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The point is that -hyphenated- Americans are really either descended from Europeans, or from non-Europeans.
No kidding. But these little wannabe marxists are calling white Americans ''Europeans''...so ridiculous.

Who hyphenates with American anymore. Millennials have pretty much put an end to the whole Italian-American, Irish-American etc identity thing from the past.

Seems only ''minority'' groups are doing that now: African-American, and the all inclusive Asian-American misnomer, etc.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
So what is your solution?
Peaceful protests are fine, I draw the line at that. As much as I think Trump is a narcissistic moron, I think he’s right about clearing up this “community”.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:26 PM

8,041 posts, read 10,632,364 times
Quote:

They’ll get bored of it like they did with occupy Wall Street and go home once their free sh!!t runs out and mommy stops paying for their IPhones
Um, I think they're being funded by someone other than "Mommy" this time around.

I guess the rest of us could take control of entire city blocks, etc., if we didn't have these pesky things called "jobs" we have go to every day to take up so much of our time.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:27 PM

41 posts, read 19,703 times
Quote:
Ah yes the old “right-wing” boogeyman surfaces yet again, let’s get the so-called white nationalists in there too, rather than accepting who is really responsible for what’s going on.

No wonder they’re getting away with it in a city full of an enabler mentality
Yes, we see the left wing anarchists, ANTIFA, BLM etc,...where are the alt-right groups to come in and clash with these marxists?

The media portrays white supremacy groups as sweeping the country and being a huge threat to blacks.

Where are they? Let's see the clash of these ideologies play out in the streets. Where are they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies