Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 01:01 PM

29,429 posts, read 22,332,782 times

Advertisements

Not surprised the execs would have a knee jerk 'outrage' reaction in sucking up to BLM and others of their ilk.

The driver refused to produce his ID 11 times to the officer and acted like a jerk.

Funny how things seem to go smoothly when you comply with the police.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/amazon-ex...143102570.html

Quote:
Amazon is investigating the arrest on Tuesday of a Black delivery driver in Warren, Michigan, who the police said parked on the wrong side of the street and resisted an officer.

On Tuesday evening, Dave Clark, Amazon's head of worldwide operations, tweeted a link to a story about the arrest and called it "shocking, unacceptable, and inexcusable." The story, by Fox 2 Detroit, had a witness' video that appeared to show a white officer kneeling beside the Amazon driver, who was facedown on the ground, and restraining him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 01:11 PM

29,641 posts, read 24,661,879 times
Did the driver even have a license? Driving while black does not give you privilege to ignore the law, ignore the requests of the police, etc. A white person in this same situation would end up in the same predicament, minus the media outrage.

Old 06-10-2020, 01:37 PM

9,784 posts, read 7,046,872 times
So he was parked on a residential street facing the wrong way. Officer told him he he couldn't park like that. Why did the officer even bother asking for a license? It's illegal parking, give the guy a ticket, and move on.

Old 06-10-2020, 01:38 PM

30,135 posts, read 23,526,778 times
I got pulled over last week.

I turned down a road I'd never been on, and at the same time that I saw the speed limit sign, I saw the cop sitting on the side. I was going over the speed limit by 15 miles because I had come off of a road that was 10 mph faster than this road, and I always do at least 5 more....

Anyway, I didn't run. In fact, as I passed the cop car, I saw the front tire start moving, so I just went ahead and pulled myself over and waited for them to get to me. They didn't even have to turn their lights on. They did when they got behind me just because they're supposed to.

By the time she walked up to the car (yeah, "she", I knew I was getting a ticket as soon as I saw the cop was female), I already had my license and registration out for her.

She asked me where I was going. I told her I was making a delivery. She told me what she clocked me at. I said, "Okay".

She went back to her car, did her thing, came back, gave me back my license, registration, and my shiny new ticket. First one I've had in 15 years. But, female cops always give a ticket, in my experience, so whatever.

She then said to stay safe, and I told her to also go ahead and stay safe with all the craziness out there.

What is funny is that the entire time she had me pulled over, she looked at me like she couldn't believe I was so calm about it - like she was expecting some type of argument or fight. Even when I told her to stay safe she looked at me as if she was not sure wth was with me being so cooperative.

She was a black cop, so maybe there was something else about that. We had just a bunch of riots and looters and curfews and kneeling and all kinds of nonsense going on in the city - so maybe she was surprised by my laid back attitude, or maybe she was like "let me get whitey" or maybe she was..you know what, I have no idea why she was looking at me like my casualness and laid back attitude was so strange.

Or maybe there was something on my face and she didn't tell me.

Anyway, point is, if you're getting pulled over in a traffic stop - especially if you know damn well you were doing something wrong, which most people do, just get it over with and move on. I don't agree with asking "how high" when a cop says "Jump" mentality, but you know you were speeding, or driving recklessly, or driving without a plate or an outdated tag, or whatever...so stop fricken arguing about it. Take your ticket, go to court, let the judge hear you not original at all story because they've heard every excuse ever created, and then pay your fine.

It's not that difficult.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 06-10-2020 at 01:49 PM..

Old 06-10-2020, 01:45 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,321,904 times
So Amazon doesn't think it's drivers should follow laws.

Can't wait to see the police video.

Old 06-10-2020, 01:49 PM

5,102 posts, read 4,868,039 times
And once again, if the person had simply cooperated with the police, things would have been over in minutes. But nooooo, they had to escalate the situation by arguing with the officer. The driver should be fired.

Old 06-10-2020, 01:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,465,657 times
This is a case where we can all say, 'Dude, just comply!'

Old 06-10-2020, 02:10 PM

30,135 posts, read 23,526,778 times
Quote:
The driver began arguing with the officer and walked away. The officer approached the driver and made eleven (11) requests for his driver's license. The driver failed to produce a driver's license and continued arguing. The officer then attempted to place the driver under arrest and a minor struggle ensued. The driver was taken to the ground, wrist-locked, handcuffed, arrested, and transported to the police station.
What does anyone think is going to happen when you argue with a cop and then walk away when they are telling you that you have violated traffic laws? And then, when they ask for your ID, you continue to argue with them. Eleven times is extremely patient.

Edit: wrong state

Old 06-10-2020, 02:28 PM

22,863 posts, read 12,038,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
So he was parked on a residential street facing the wrong way. Officer told him he he couldn't park like that. Why did the officer even bother asking for a license? It's illegal parking, give the guy a ticket, and move on.
'Why bother asking for a license, just give the guy a ticket'? Whose name, address, etc., should the cop put on the ticket?

Old 06-10-2020, 02:38 PM

19,382 posts, read 12,029,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Possibly the silliest thing I've ever seen on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies