Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 07:46 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times

Advertisements

NASCAR has been losing fans for years. After all, who wants to watch a bunch of damn cars driving around in a circle. I'd rather watch paint dry. At least that's quiet. So NASCAR needs to expand their fan base beyond rednecks to survive. Banning the rebel flag is probably a good business decision. But I still won't be watching. And by the way, I come from NASCAR families. A cousin of mine, Jimmy Means, was on the circuit for many years racing against big dogs like Bobby and Donnie Allison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 07:51 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why? So moron Virtue Signalers can say their lives now have "meaning"?

Really?

You guys supported DJT when he tried to stop Kap's peaceful protest. You all said you can't support a protest against the American Flag and all it stands for. (I disagree, but certainly acknowledge your point, and your right to have it.)

Yet not a peep about people flying a flag of the enemy of the USA. A defeated war enemy with some factions who have still not given up the fight that ended over 150 years ago?

You can't have it both ways. If you take the stance that you will not support any demonstration against the US Flag, then you can't really support the flying of an enemy flag at a US Sporting event WHILE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM IS PLAYED, now can you?

Honestly, if you have a good response to this, I'd like to hear it. And please try to keep an even keel on both sides of the issue.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:13 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
That's a good question.

If you want to fly a flag, why not fly the Stars and Stripes?

Old 06-11-2020, 08:22 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Really?

You guys supported DJT when he tried to stop Kap's peaceful protest. You all said you can't support a protest against the American Flag and all it stands for. (I disagree, but certainly acknowledge your point, and your right to have it.)

Yet not a peep about people flying a flag of the enemy of the USA. A defeated war enemy with some factions who have still not given up the fight that ended over 150 years ago?

You can't have it both ways. If you take the stance that you will not support any demonstration against the US Flag, then you can't really support the flying of an enemy flag at a US Sporting event WHILE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM IS PLAYED, now can you?

Honestly, if you have a good response to this, I'd like to hear it. And please try to keep an even keel on both sides of the issue.
I am interested a well.

How can taking a knee in protest be insulting, but flying the flag of a defeated enemy is not?

Old 06-11-2020, 08:28 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I am interested a well.

How can taking a knee in protest be insulting, but flying the flag of a defeated enemy is not?
Same. I look forward to the detailed, thoughtful explanation.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:31 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Same. I look forward to the detailed, thoughtful explanation.
I too would also like to know what the explanation is.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:34 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Then there should be no ruckus over NASCAR making this decision. It’s just cloth. It’s NASCAR’s right to prohibit it.
Very well. Perhaps its about time that I start flying the flag of Southern Heritage. How does that float your boat?

Old 06-11-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Southern Swastika was the rag of traitors who attacked and tried to destroy America so that they could continue to own other humans.

Other than that...
But this was the 1800's, right? The Nazis showed up over half a century later. Invalid and irrelevant comparison. What is your fixation with Nazi's from you people? They lost. Get over it.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:40 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Very well. Perhaps its about time that I start flying the flag of Southern Heritage. How does that float your boat?
Dixie? It wouldn’t phase me at all. I encourage you, actually.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
There are several reasons why someone may be offended by that flag.

1) It represented the states that at that time heavily supported states. The northern states were not saints in any way as far as race goes either but one of the reasons for the war was slavery along with state and property rights.

2) These symbols were revived in the 1950s and 60s just in time for the Civil Rights Movement which was seen as intimidation.

3) Some people are offended by it because it represents a dark time in US History that resulted in our deadliest war in US History and resulted in family and friends fighting against eachother. Others see it as a sign of treason and a way to separate the Union.
Yet to others it is a symbol of Southern Heritage. Nothing more. Nothing less. It was Americans fighting brothers. A family feud. Tactically the South had the better generals, Lee for example, and they still lost anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies