Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 08:56 AM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Very well. Perhaps its about time that I start flying the flag of Southern Heritage. How does that float your boat?
Whose "Southern Heritage"? Black People, or White People?

They both have a "heritage" under that flag, but their experiences were somewhat different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 09:05 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So do you feel the same way about the American flag or Nazi flags, just a piece of cloth.

It is symbolic of slavery same as the statues celebrating confederate leaders.
Ok. I really should omit this part. Are you ready, let's go.

Here's MY interpretation of the Nazi flag which was really just a borrowed Indian symbol. Say the flag represents a cross, only its spinning but spinning counter clock wise as you face it and it faces you. You can see the turning and you can tell this as the “wind” from rotation is of a counter clockwise rotation. Going back, backwards. No, do not! Time Motion Always must go forwards →

I'm not sure this explanation is what you wanted to hear or if it even made any sense to you people. Sigh.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:09 AM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
But this was the 1800's, right? The Nazis showed up over half a century later. Invalid and irrelevant comparison. What is your fixation with Nazi's from you people? They lost. Get over it.
The KKK, Proud Boys, Neonazis, and a lot of other hate groups fly them side by side. I have pictures of it taken at a "celebration" of Hitler's birthday on April 21, 2007, on the State House steps in Columbia. The Nazi candidate for president in 2008, John Taylor Bowles, slithered out from under his flat rock to address the crowd of brownshirts and klansmen. He specifically mentioned and pointed to the Confederate flag (which was still flying in front of the State House and not removed until after the shooting in Charleston) as one of the reasons the site was chosen for the rally.

Don't believe me - here is video from his speech. The CBF and the swastika are totally interchangeable today, and a treasured symbol for racists everywhere.

BTW - the South attacked the United States and attempted to destroy America. They got their collective ass stomped into the mud for their troubles, and were not hanged solely due to the benevolence of General U.S. Grant. They lost, decisively. Get over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PZlp1Ynk8

Old 06-11-2020, 09:18 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
BTW - the South attacked the United States and attempted to destroy America. They got their collective ass stomped into the mud for their troubles, and were not hanged solely due to the benevolence of General U.S. Grant. They lost, decisively.
We are in agreement on this point, which is the attackers, "bad guys", were vanquished handily.

No need to get your panties in a wad.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:23 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
The KKK, Proud Boys, Neonazis, and a lot of other hate groups fly them side by side. I have pictures of it taken at a "celebration" of Hitler's birthday on April 21, 2007, on the State House steps in Columbia. The Nazi candidate for president in 2008, John Taylor Bowles, slithered out from under his flat rock to address the crowd of brownshirts and klansmen. He specifically mentioned and pointed to the Confederate flag (which was still flying in front of the State House and not removed until after the shooting in Charleston) as one of the reasons the site was chosen for the rally.

Don't believe me - here is video from his speech. The CBF and the swastika are totally interchangeable today, and a treasured symbol for racists everywhere.

BTW - the South attacked the United States and attempted to destroy America. They got their collective ass stomped into the mud for their troubles, and were not hanged solely due to the benevolence of General U.S. Grant. They lost, decisively. Get over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PZlp1Ynk8
I agree totally. I live in the part of VA where Confederate values were supported wholeheartedly, and the Daughters of the Confederacy still have an active chapter. The Confederate cemetery in town is still a tourist draw, although it's a bit run down. However, the only place you really still see Confederate flags displayed are either the backs or back windows of pickup trucks or on rundown houses in white trash neighborhoods.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:24 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quite a bit of misunderstanding in here about what the Civil War was about and who started it. No different than any other war I suppose where the winners write the history books and bury anything that doesn't mesh with the narrative of their side being the "good guys"

Old 06-11-2020, 09:28 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
This will upset many of the faithful, no?

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1270819350644211719

Apologies if I overlooked a thread on this.
I don't care who it upsets, period. I don't watch NASCAR anyway, so whatever.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:53 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Speaking of flags...why do African Americans not take pride in the country their people originated from? Hey why not fly that flag?
How would they know where "their people originated from"? They were taken by force as slaves. Subjugated for the past 450 years, although there have been improvements in the past 60, but anyone who denies that horrible inequities and injustices still exist is either ignorant, or willfully in denial.

Quote:
This flag and statue stuff is insane where does it end up..eliminating our history whether its good or bad and then what or who is next? Lets say you completely remove anything that offends African Americans...then what? Will Hispanic Americans then do the same thing? Asian Americans after that? Where will this end up..like Beirut or Mogadishu or Kabul? Once more who profits and gains from this engineered racial problem? What are Russia, Red China, Iran doing while America is focused on this? Those who seek the destruction of America both foreign and domestic love this part of their agenda... division and distraction keeps We the People unfocused on real problem real threat and thats the point!
Germany got rid of all things Hitler and Nazi's from display. It seemed to be able to RECOGNIZE the history o that time, but not CELEBRATE it. The Confederate Battle Flag is the flag of losers, traitors and those that pretend that the reason for the South going to war was anything but what the separatist States actually stated: Slavery.

Quit celebrating and excusing what the rag represents.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
What exactly is your problem with the Confederate Flag? It's shape? Colors? What does it represent that so doth offend thee?
Ask the same question to a German of the Nazi symbols. Germans banned the display of those symbols of hate. Are Americans not able to be as good?

Old 06-11-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
The Southern Swastika was the rag of traitors who attacked and tried to destroy America so that they could continue to own other humans.

Other than that...
Exactly the point I was trying to make. I may steal this point from you!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies