Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 07:51 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times

Advertisements

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/5332773002/

I can’t believe no one has posted about this story
But that is fine
Flynn’s sentencing debacle has come home to roost with the examining retired judge John Gleeson who reviewed the entire case to determine if Flynn should receive a pass or an even stiffer sentence dropping the bomb on Barr’s self-serving white-wash (can I use that) Of Flynn to serve Trump and protect him....

I didn’t expect that because while it is the truth and I think any reasonable legal authority could see that, I didn’t think the judge would be brave enough to call Barr to account
This is a serious commentary that in another era would be sufficient to get a president and the AG impeached

This is like the reveal in Wizard of Oz when we see who the Wizard really is

Trump is nothing but a film-flam man and Barr is his Igor....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 07:53 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

But that is fine
Flynn’s sentencing debacle has come home to roost with the examining retired judge who reviewed the entire case to determine if Flynn should receive a pass or an even stiffer sentence dropping the bomb on Barr’s self-serving white-wash (can I use that) Of Flynn to serve Trump and protect him....

I didn’t expect that because while it is the truth and I think any reasonable legal authority could see that, I didn’t think the judge would be brave enough to call Barr to account
This is a serious commentary that in another era would be sufficient to get a president and the AG impeached

Ok. And? Flynn is a free man now and will be a free man shortly. This judge is not the prosecutor. I can hear Bill Barr's laughter all the way in the PNW.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:59 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
The guy hired specifically to challenge the motion to dismiss is challenging the motion to dismiss.

Thanks for the scoop.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:07 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Ok. And? Flynn is a free man now and will be a free man shortly. This judge is not the prosecutor. I can hear Bill Barr's laughter all the way in the PNW.
Like most of the DoJ argument to release Flynn that makes absolutely no logical analysis
You are so wrong...and I doubt Barr is laughing

Flynn is out on bail—-not free
The prosecutor doesn’t decide the decision in a case like this
The judge does
Emit Sullivan asked for a retired judge to review the evidence because Sullivan was challenged for his bias by the DoJ
So he got a 3rd party—retired Federal judge—to review the evidence and decide if Barr was acting inappropriately in changing the direction of the prosecution’s argument AFTER THE FACT
This case has already been decided
It is the sentencing that is up for discussion

AND the reviewing judge went ever further than Sullivan probably expected and the original prosecutors (and Mueller) hoped in casting such a scathing negative review of the most recent DoJ about face

Old 06-10-2020, 08:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Like most of the DoJ argument to release Flynn that makes absolutely no logical analysis

The judge does
Emit Sullivan asked for a retired judge to review the evidence because Sullivan was challenged for his bias by the DoJ
So he got a 3rd party—retired Federal judge—to review the evidence and decide if Barr was acting inappropriately in changing the direction of the prosecution’s argument AFTER THE FACT

AND the reviewing judge went ever further than Sullivan probably expected and the original prosecutors (and Mueller) hoped in casting such a scathing negative review of the most recent DoJ about face
The Supreme Court has already ruled on KGB crap like this, in Folkner.
It just adds to Flynn's lawsuit against the Federal Government. PAYDAY, + the Book Deals.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:14 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times
You have to go way back to remember the old saying ... In like Flynn!
Meaning for those not in the know? Flynn can always be trusted to gets the job done.

He was railroaded and the truth will set him free...

Folks ...you ain't seen nothing yet!

Old 06-11-2020, 04:44 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Pretty damning statement by Gleeson and accurate, still have not heard from the DC circuit court.
Quote:
"The Department of Justice has a solemn responsibility to prosecute this case – like every other case – without fear or favor,” Gleeson argued. “It has abdicated that responsibility through a gross abuse of prosecutorial power, attempting to provide special treatment to a favored friend and political ally of the President of the United States. It has treated the case like no other, and in doing so has undermined the public’s confidence in the rule of law."

Last edited by Goodnight; 06-11-2020 at 05:19 AM..

Old 06-11-2020, 05:52 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:

But that is fine
Flynn’s sentencing debacle has come home to roost with the examining retired judge John Gleeson who reviewed the entire case to determine if Flynn should receive a pass or an even stiffer sentence dropping the bomb on Barr’s self-serving white-wash (can I use that) Of Flynn to serve Trump and protect him....

"examining retired judge John Gleeson" a BIG TIME dem. No bias here. Gleeson worked as a law clerk for Boyce Martin who just happenned to have been appointed by jimmy carter. Gleeson was nominated by President clinton , surprise, surprise! Doesn't matter though, it will be thrown out anyway.

Old 06-11-2020, 05:55 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:

The judge does

"Emit Sullivan asked for a retired judge to review the evidence because Sullivan was challenged for his bias by the DoJ"so he picked ANOTHER "judge" with bias.

"that makes absolutely no logical analysis", according to YOU. And we KNOW YOU are not BIASED in ANY WAY!
Sorry, ain't going to work anyway.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:01 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post

Flynn was framed and trashed by the conspiracy at the FBI and JUstice Dept. to overthrow the President and now they're caught. Time to give up on the conspiracy and jail the Democrats that abused our system and to pardon all Republicans that are jailed because they were on Trump's team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies