Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 02:11 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwalk444 View Post
At what point will normal tax-paying, rule following, voting citizens who believe in the rule of law and freedom of speech say enough is enough?

How much looting and rioting and no-go zones , destroying statues, defacing memorials, refusing to enforce the law are we going to tolerate? When do regular people get fed up with this s**t show and start demanding change from our politicians? We pay taxes to feel safe in our homes and our cities. We pay taxes to have a functioning and fully funded police force. We have fought wars to defend our freedom of speech and have tradtionally prided ourselves as being a country where you can say whatever you want, read whatever you want and not be censored or marginalized.

Now, the left is censoring movies, erasing history, destroying the careers and reputations of those who disagree with them. We actually have, here in America sections of Seattle cordoned off as no-go zones and we have not moved in and tossed these miscreants in a federal lockup yet! What the hell has happened in this country? This would be an act of war if it were someone from another country.

The Americans who are not extreme on one side or the other make up the actual majority, 70% or so I believe, but we have the smallest voice. The silent majority. So when does the silent majority say enough is enough? I know I've had enough. I supported the protests and the cause until they let themselves become co-opted by looters, rioters, antifa and every other form of lowlife and the media and many politicians refuse to do anything about it, lest they be seen as racist or not sufficiently *woke*. I supported the cause before they started saying ALL police are bad even though most are good people, often people of color themselves, doing a difficult job for crappy pay and there is every chance they could get killed in the line of duty to protect people who largely hate them.

I'm tired of being lectured at and told I'm a crappy human being simply for being born white and male.
Racism and sexism are apparently OK in this case.

I'm tired of being told I should be ashamed of the USA which has had it's problems and should not cover up it's history but when the New York Times refuses to print an OP-ED by one of our elected leaders but HAS printed one from the Taliban without any sense of irony or shame. I AM DONE.

I'm done. I want my country back.

I really cannot vote for Trump but every other politician who condoned this insanity, I will never support.

Your last sentence is the problem. Trump isn't perfect but he is 10x better than anything the left is putting out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 02:26 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yep-some think they should be able to commit crime with impunity. To steal and take whatever they want, from those that earned it. To burn, smash and destroy. To assault and murder innocent people. And if you actually expect them to be treated equally with others that commit those same criminal acts, you're labeled a racist. Welcome to the Democratic party.
21 Dead due to the Democrat Rioters. Most all of Police killings in cities under Democrat Control. How many black men and women have been jailed for minor drug offenses under Clinton's crime Bill. Democrats are responsible for most all of the pain put on the American public.

Old 06-11-2020, 02:33 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Normal people are saying enough is enough. To Racism.
It has existed for decades and centuries and millennia.

As long as there are races there will be racism.

Old 06-11-2020, 03:04 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But why didn't Republicans do anything about it to prevent the lawlessness that has been going on? Do you not know Republicans were totally in control during the first two years of Trump?

If you want to do something about it yourself, then vote 3d party. If 3rd parties get more than 10% of the presidential vote in Nov., it will send a message to the two major parties that it's time to clean up their acts.
The same reason Obama couldn't get anything done when he had a majority in the house in the senate. The reason is that neither of them had a super majority.

Right now, voting 3rd party (and I have done that myself in '08) is just throwing your vote away. Americans still are voting either D or R. Of course, there are exceptions occasionally on the local level.

Old 06-11-2020, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I'm a normal white, anglo-saxon person.

I say it's enough when America starts treating everyone equal. No, I don't want looting or rioting, but the protests are for a reason.

Stop the systemic racism. Period. Then it will be enough.
Worry about the "systemic racism" in your own country

https://globalnews.ca/news/7029694/c...stemic-racism/

Put your energy to fixing your country.

Old 06-11-2020, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
MLK said that he had a dream that people will not be judged by their colour of their skin. But judging people by their skin is precisely what is happening now. White people are supposed to kneel and apologise, white people should check their privilige, black people should get easier exams and anyone who goes against these demands should be fired.

This will not make white americans less racist, it will just make them scared or more hostile. But if you push the ones who are scared too hard, they will eventually say no more and join the hostile group.
For years, we were all told that we needed to be color blind. Now liberals have done a 180 and being color blind is now wrong

Old 06-11-2020, 03:30 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
People complaining about or blaming Trump for this are ill informed, that's just a fact. Unless you go looking for alternative media sources you won't now about the good things Trump has done, you only know the propaganda the MSM and the Democrats have fed you. And you feel smart....

Anyway, the current situation with BLM is hysteria. Most people will get tired and just stop with the protesting because they know it's mostly hype and have other things to do. The people who want "no peace" until we have a revolution will need to be handled differently but they will be handled. What really upsets me is seeing companies and businesses bow to this new cult/religion and people are fearful that they might be labeled a racist if they don't convert, be shunned, loose their friends and even their jobs. Look at all the people who've had to grovel and apologize, multiple times even, to get the mob to back down just for questioning the dogma or saying they respect the flag or police officers. It's dangerous and it's bull crap! Authorities will need to step, people will get hurt, and I won't care because this atmosphere of fear is worse than COVID. BLM is not a good organization and it's not interested in making anything better, only gaining and keeping power. Sorry if you think you are "fighting racism" by supporting them but you've been played. Blame your progressive politics and (where applicable) your white guilt.

What's happening in Seattle is something else. I'd have the Nat'l Guard take them out and throw them all in jail for a few months but I guess Seattle has other plans. Or no plans.

Last edited by Ceece; 06-11-2020 at 03:53 AM..

Old 06-11-2020, 03:31 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No one that I know of has condoned looters and rioters,
Are you referring to people you personally know? I hope so, otherwise that statement is a lie.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:09 AM

97 posts, read 42,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Your last sentence is the problem. Trump isn't perfect but he is 10x better than anything the left is putting out there.
A narcissist who is roleplaying as a president to feed his ego and has no idea what he is doing and never intended to even win? Literally anyone who runs against him is better.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:19 AM

97 posts, read 42,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What really upsets me is seeing companies and businesses bow to this new cult/religion and people are fearful that they might be labeled a racist if they don't convert, be shunned, loose their friends and even their jobs. Look at all the people who've had to grovel and apologize, multiple times even, to get the mob to back down just for questioning the dogma or saying they respect the flag or police officers. It's dangerous and it's bull crap!
One thing that gave me hope is during the recent dustup at the NYT where they decided not to run Tim Cotton's OpEd because the SJWs were offended, I found the article online and read the comments and many NYTs readers were saying it should have been left up, even if they personally disagreed with it. Many have said they disagree with the censorship of ideas.
Even better, I saw a comment from someone who cancelled their subscription and the person on the phone from the NYT told them that 1/2 cancelled because they published the piece and 1/2 cancelled because they took it down and gave into censorship.

I think regular people, even on the left are getting it! I think the fact that you such a high level of distrust in the media proves that as well. The left likes to constantly slam Fox News as propaganda and they ignore what the MSM does and has done longer than Fox has been around. I've long maintained that they are not angry and threatened by Fox news for it's bias but because it's bias goes against THEIR NARRATIVE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies