Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 10:59 AM

21,934 posts, read 9,508,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I can't believe that you are accepting and deflecting for this riotous behavior that harms us all. You are part of the problem.

Stop putting politics above what is best for this country. Shameful.
This is what the US education system has turned out after years of everyone gets a trophy, no kid left behind, etc. Lack of critical thinking skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 11:00 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, let's be honest, the violent protesters will probably help Trump a little bit in the next election.

I honestly thought Trump could kiss his presidency goodbye due to covid-19 pandemic, now I realize this is still a country needs law and order.

At least Rudy made a valid point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zxiwu17xSw
To be honest, we shouldn't view the destruction of Covid-19 testing sites and countless medical supplies through the lens of whether it helps or hurts Trump, but rather through the lens of it hurts us all. Many of these testing sites were in black-majority areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This impacts everyone regardless of race or political persuasion.

NOBODY should be defending or deflecting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Agreed. We need to speak out against these riots instead of being afraid of pandering. I've already been called a racist who has white privilege.

Welp, what good does destroying a city do? What good does destroying businesses do? Homes? COVID-19 testing sites? African Americans apparently have been hardest hit by COVID-19, so this is extremely sad if one thinks about it.
Yes.

This includes not just calling out the rioters, but the posters like burdell.

Those testing sites and medical supplies shouldn't have been destroyed by riots and will lead to more sickness and possibly more death.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:03 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
I can't believe that you are accepting and deflecting for this riotous behavior that harms us all. You are part of the problem.

Stop putting politics above what is best for this country. Shameful.

I'm not the one here making excuses for the nonsense Dear Leader continues to spew daily.

Shameful!

Old 06-11-2020, 11:04 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...testing-sites/

The media may have to start blaming beach goers less and rioters more.
nope. it doesn't matter what these nutjobs have done, it's still the fault of 'racism.'

Old 06-11-2020, 11:04 AM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'm not the one here making excuses for the nonsense Dear Leader continues to spew daily.

Shameful!
.. what do you think about protestors destroying 70 covid-19 testing sites?

you don't think this will hurt all of us?

Old 06-11-2020, 11:05 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
nope. it doesn't matter what these nutjobs have done, it's still the fault of 'racism.'
That's a dog whistle for white people....lol.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Shameful!
You are literally deflecting and accepting the destruction of 70 Covid-19 testing sites and countless medical supplies due to your disdain for Trump. Find a soul if you can.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:14 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
It is completely beyond my understanding how anyone who is intelligent enough to know how to post a message on social media (admittedly, a pretty low bar) can say with a straight face that "racism" is the cause of any potential coronavirus spike. How does such a notion take hold in someone's brain and find its way to being typed on a screen without being blocked by one's own internal sense of logic? I don't get it.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
It is completely beyond my understanding how anyone who is intelligent enough to know how to post a message on social media (admittedly, a pretty low bar) can say with a straight face that "racism" is the cause of any potential coronavirus spike. How does such a notion take hold in someone's brain and find its way to being typed on a screen without being blocked by one's own internal sense of logic? I don't get it.
And the other thing is, Chauvin, the cop who killed Floyd had 18 prior misconduct charges against him. It sounds like some of them against white suspects too. It is highly possible that Chauvin just abused suspects regardless of race that he got his hands on.

The Public Union protected Chauvin, but he should have been fired well before he got his 19th misconduct charge by killing Floyd.

Why aren't we talking more about why he wasn't fired years ago? I understand that unions offer a lot of $$$ to politicians' campaigns, but this needs to be addressed.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:43 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
.. what do you think about protestors destroying 70 covid-19 testing sites?

you don't think this will hurt all of us?

What I think is the continual lies from this administration will hurt us more so and no, I've NEVER defended violent protest and looting but:

HOW are we supposed to form an informed opinion when the word from the White House continually changes?

i.e.

First we're told 'Anyone who wants a test can get one' which we soon learn is completely untrue.

Then we hear, the virus is a minor blip that will disappear with the arrival of warm weather which certainly seems to have little basis in fact.

Then we hear the reason we have so many cases is we do so much testing.

And there's no denying we've seen a continual denial of scientific fact by this administration when it's contrary to their preferred story.

First we were told there was no teargas used prior to the Dog & Pony show staged in front of St' John's and now it admittedly was.

That is why I have difficulty taking the words of Dr. Brix or other members of this administration to be true unless independently corroborated.

Why would any rational person believe this administration credible when the story changes like the weather?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies