Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2021, 05:37 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
Always talk about 400 years of European slavery and how countries like America were built on slave labor yet there are TONS of other countries that, well before Europeans vastly benefited from slavery for literally thousands of years. Why the hell don't they get any flack for it? Why aren't their descendants not made to feel extremely guilty for thousands of years of slavery their ancestors caused? They complain about white supremacy yet I guess times when there was Arab supremacy during Islam's golden age where they enslaved millions including Africans was totally fine?
The United States of America is a relatively young Country compared to the other major Countries who benefited from slavery.

Out of these Countries, the United States of America is the only one who had a Civil War where the sine qua non cause of the War was race-based slavery.

The Lost Cause mythologies were taught, & are still being taught, where the most basic premise is the War was not fought to justify, legitimize (though white supremacy), preserve, & expand race-based enslavement.

The Dunning School of Reconstruction was not just an interpretation of history; it was part of the edifice of the Jim Crow System. It was, & is (still taught) used to justify, legitimize, preserve, & expand race-based prejudices & systemic policy treatments based on race.

Old 06-12-2021, 07:19 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Democrats in the U.S. control the Media and big Tech thus the narrative. They are using false racism to install Marxism and justifying income and wealth redistribution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
... Ofcourse, Democrats would never admit ... They rather keep blacks on the plantation asking for handouts.
The two of you have learned the real secret of what is going on.
Even most democrats, at the ground floor level don't understand what is going on.
Even when they are the ones doing it, they just follow their programming ...

Old 06-12-2021, 07:27 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Because unlike US, they don't have any self -loathing white people in their countries
Unlike US, they don`t have a caste system. It`s just US and India that have that.

Old 06-12-2021, 08:20 AM

1,153 posts, read 631,378 times
Quote:
That’s correct. Because African American culture which is a blend of western white culture is global: jazz, hip hop, sports, fashion, language, cuisine, etc.

Furthermore, African Americans in these countries are either tourists, troops, contractors, government agency workers, professional sports players, ex-pats etc. or some other productive members of society. No one is shooting up or looting these foreign places.

We African Americans are the “white people of the global black community” and that’s why you see us being treated so much better in other countries.

Ofcourse, Democrats would never admit to you that blacks are actually victors and not victims. They rather keep blacks on the plantation asking for handouts.
Ahhhh.....But see, that argument can also be used vice versa.

Most of the Black foreigners that come to the USA are the cream of the crop of their countries, save for Somali refugees. That's why people are more likely to encounter a higher ratio of decent ones in contrast to AA's. It simply makes sense since the AA population is MUCH more common overall and you're more likely to run into the whole spectrum of AA's, ranging from the elite/cream of the crop to the completely downtrodden/impoverished.

There's obviously plenty of downtrodden Blacks in other countries as I pointed out to SanJuanStar but the immigration system of the U.S. is smart enough to not allow them in. I guarantee you if 5 million Nigerian Muslims flooded the U.S. straight from the slums, the same people praising Africans over AA's on here might start singing a different tune lol.

I agree with your point about Democrats which is one of the reasons why I'm not one and criticize them all the time if you look at my posting history.

And I don't see how AA's are more "white influenced" than Black Latinos. In anything, Black Latinos have more cultural ties to Spain/Portugal than we do to England. Hell, even West Indians are closer to their British/Irish roots than we are. St. Patrick's Day is literally celebrated in a lot of Caribbean nations lol. Yes, indeed, White Americans and Black Americans have influenced each other throughout the years for sure but AA's are NOT more "White influenced" than Blacks in the rest of the Americas, save for Haitians.

But I get it. You and I both agree somewhat that the grass is greener on the other side which is why White Americans are more likely to have issues with Black Americans over other Blacks and the rest of the world is more likely to favor Black Americans over other Blacks.

Old 06-12-2021, 08:53 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,359,344 times
Quote:
That’s correct. Because African American culture which is a blend of western white culture is global: jazz, hip hop, sports, fashion, language, cuisine, etc.

Furthermore, African Americans in these countries are either tourists, troops, contractors, government agency workers, professional sports players, ex-pats etc. or some other productive members of society. No one is shooting up or looting these foreign places.

We African Americans are the “white people of the global black community” and that’s why you see us being treated so much better in other countries.

Ofcourse, Democrats would never admit to you that blacks are actually victors and not victims. They rather keep blacks on the plantation asking for handouts.

I remember as a poor, frugal college student over 30 years ago backpacking alone through the UK, I needed to cash some travelers checks (ha, dated myself) in London. I was standing outside the bank, weighted down and dwarfed by my large backpack, debating how much to cash to offset the transaction fee, when a nice, well-dressed, middle-aged businessman approached to help.

Turned out he was a fellow American. And Black. He ended up cashing my check for me as part of his normal banking transaction, thus saving me on the transaction fee (every penny counted!).

I think our identification as fellow Americans once we heard each other talk, influenced the resulting actions of trust and goodwill.

Old 06-12-2021, 10:00 AM

1,153 posts, read 631,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
I remember as a poor, frugal college student over 30 years ago backpacking alone through the UK, I needed to cash some travelers checks (ha, dated myself) in London. I was standing outside the bank, weighted down and dwarfed by my large backpack, debating how much to cash to offset the transaction fee, when a nice, well-dressed, middle-aged businessman approached to help.

Turned out he was a fellow American. And Black. He ended up cashing my check for me as part of his normal banking transaction, thus saving me on the transaction fee (every penny counted!).

I think our identification as fellow Americans once we heard each other talk, influenced the resulting actions of trust and goodwill.
Whenever I go to the Carolinas to visit my mom's side of the family, I'm always amazed at how the native Whites and Blacks down there are so culturally similar to the point of having similar religions, diets, accents, traditions, etc.

Eating soul food, saying "Ya'll/"Ain't", and being Baptist/Pentecostal wasn't considered a "Black" thing down there like it is here in New England. My girlfriend's a suburban "Yankee" she had no clue that Whites ate soul food until I took her down South for a trip back in 2019 lol.

Old 06-12-2021, 10:06 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Unlike US, they don`t have a caste system. It`s just US and India that have that.
The only people in the US that are in a caste system are those who cast themselves into it.

Old 06-12-2021, 11:21 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,832,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Not the same.

In India, one is born into a specific caste and has no chance for upward or downward mobility.

In America, there is no caste system unless you mean social class, and that allows for mobility.

Old 06-12-2021, 11:59 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I don't know why but I do know that what's happening in the USA now is part of a plan that isn't going to end well

Old 06-12-2021, 12:02 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
The United States of America is a relatively young Country compared to the other major Countries who benefited from slavery.

Out of these Countries, the United States of America is the only one who had a Civil War where the sine qua non cause of the War was race-based slavery.

The Lost Cause mythologies were taught, & are still being taught, where the most basic premise is the War was not fought to justify, legitimize (though white supremacy), preserve, & expand race-based enslavement.

The Dunning School of Reconstruction was not just an interpretation of history; it was part of the edifice of the Jim Crow System. It was, & is (still taught) used to justify, legitimize, preserve, & expand race-based prejudices & systemic policy treatments based on race.
but that's every country in the world and how they treated (still do) their minorities. Name me a country in the world that Black (change the color) are 14% of the population and they represent the government in all high levels including the President of the Country, their entertainment (which the U.S. is #1 in the world), education and other areas than the United States? Name 1.

My point is, the United States in the only country in the world who practiced slavery (like the rest of the world and for longer) that has gone way far to make the lives of minorities better under a democracy. No country especially the big ones has come close. So why the hostility and the attacks and demands?

Nobody that is for reparations (they don't even have a clue how they are going to do it or pay for it) are not demanding for the rest of the world, it's only in the U.S.. Do they pretend that if the U.S. starts that other countries would follow or this is a recipe to start WW 3 and people hate each other more?

You think that a large % of AA that will get reparations at the expense of others will be happy and it will stop there? Have you read the BLM manifesto'? people should read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies