Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 09:39 AM

15,803 posts, read 6,261,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Ok, fine. Then your unconscious bias against your fellow white people and self loathing is something you cannot choose, but you allowing it to inform your politics IS a choice.

Political belief and religion are NOT Immutable characteristics (maybe Jews can say that... they are kinda sorta an ethno-religion).

If you are Christian, however, you should understand how much the liberal left orthodoxy these days is reflective of a religious movement. BLM is actually a classic case of a cult/religion:

1) Beliefs and dogma which are self-referential and often do not stand up to statistical or scientific inquiry;
2) In-group/Out-group dynamic (believers v. non-believers)
3) Righteousness (the "right side of history")
4) Ex-communication for those who go against the dogma
5) Purity trials and slogans/prayers that need to be repeated and repeated
6) Tithing Expectations
7) Hostility toward other belief systems

There's a difference between being open (LIBERTARIAN or CLASSIC LIBERAL) and being a PROGRESSIVE/LEFTIST.

The former is admirable. The latter needs to be eradicated.
I'm an atheist now but I can extend that self-loathing I was taught to everyone and not just white people. I was taught "all lives are worthless before the Lord" but "also His love extends to all these worthless sinners".

If you wanna talk cult, that's my jam.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:41 AM

2,264 posts, read 966,179 times
The Cultural Revolution is just beginning. Once the Democratic Party regains power and institutes its Green Leap Forward the purges and public denunciations will begin in earnest. Counterrevolutionaries will be expelled from every corner of society and replaced by those who espouse Party ideals.

So it goes.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:43 AM

20,421 posts, read 12,338,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
I just cannot take it anymore. This self hating some of you have is insane. This pandering to me and my community is insane. Stop lowering yourselves. You do not need to be doing this. Please stop letting the media, politicians, and loons shame you into feeling bad for being white or for not being black. Fight back against this public shaming.

My friends and neighbors are still treating me normally, thankfully, but other white people are all but bowing at my feet. They are tripping over themselves to make sure I am happy, taken care of and given extra attention. It is actually getting weird. Really weird.

Please just go back to living your normal life. Nothing is wrong with your normal life. You are not evil for being white. You are not privileged for being white. Your skin color and my skin color are just skin tones, nothing more.

there are some folk that arent going to be happy with you for saying this.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:52 AM

15,803 posts, read 6,261,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I'm glad he hasn't felt it. That doesn't mean his experience is universal though.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:28 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Why not? Its a black person feeling sorry for white people who feel sorry for black people. Its a circle of sorryness.

Its somewhat of a weird thing to say, but hey, for the first time in his/her life he/she got decent service in a restaurant, so maybe those BLMers accomplished something after all

Old 06-12-2020, 10:32 AM

35,557 posts, read 20,897,588 times
If you can't relate then just go back to making your dinner. Really--- Some will go overboard, some KNOW they have been nasty... let them be nice to you-- even that seems to be a problem??? why?

Old 06-12-2020, 10:36 AM

20,957 posts, read 5,530,197 times
Quote:

Yes, like the three posts above this one.

Whistling past the graveyard! Your fear of a strong, free black person is palpable.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:38 AM

4,131 posts, read 2,822,625 times
Haha!

Old 06-12-2020, 11:01 AM

860 posts, read 320,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Who are these people? Honestly, I find this statement hilarious. Everyone once in a while you run across bothas with these type of opinions. They usually preach being color blind all up until they're personally affected by "discrimination or abuse". I have a black friend who is a military man, who is a staunch conservative. He loves the second amendment and is a small government type guy big time. His fellow conservatives loved him when he criticized Obama and spoke loudly and often about how blacks need to stop voting Democrat. He received a rude awakening when he saw how his "conservative friends" responded to his stances on police brutality against black folk and when he let them know he opposed many of the Trump policies.

Some people find the attention pleasurable when they are the only black man in the room. But what happens when those in the room turn against you and you realize they did so because you are black? Maybe there was an awakening and you stopped being their token negro???

Brotha, there is something called white privilege and there is systematic racism ingrained in American society. There's no reasonable means of denying this. how you approach it is up to you..

My advice to black men who get caught up in this kind of thinking. See with a third eye and listen with a third ear. if you come home you don't have to spend effort trying to be something others want you to be... Our arms will be wide open...
^

This right here is the problem. The plantation and victim mentality. Those of us who stray from the plantation are looked down upon by those choosing to stay on the plantation. What we do is shame anyone who dare speak the truth, who dare realize that it is not all someone else's fault, who talk about our own responsibility in life.

Many say being a black man in America is hard. I submit what is harder is being a black man who dare go against the victim mentality that my own community id so heavily invested in.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:02 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
Correct. We are not allowed to leave the plantation. It is like the democrat Matrix. But I am Neo. I can see it all the way it really is.
You left one plantation for another.

Better take another pill, Neo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.