Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 07:05 PM

860 posts, read 321,512 times

Advertisements

I just cannot take it anymore. This self hating some of you have is insane. This pandering to me and my community is insane. Stop lowering yourselves. You do not need to be doing this. Please stop letting the media, politicians, and loons shame you into feeling bad for being white or for not being black. Fight back against this public shaming.

My friends and neighbors are still treating me normally, thankfully, but other white people are all but bowing at my feet. They are tripping over themselves to make sure I am happy, taken care of and given extra attention. It is actually getting weird. Really weird.

Please just go back to living your normal life. Nothing is wrong with your normal life. You are not evil for being white. You are not privileged for being white. Your skin color and my skin color are just skin tones, nothing more.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:12 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
I just cannot take it anymore. This self hating some of you have is insane. This pandering to me and my community is insane. Stop lowering yourselves. You do not need to be doing this. Please stop letting the media, politicians, and loons shame you into feeling bad for being white or for not being black. Fight back against this public shaming.

My friends and neighbors are still treating me normally, thankfully, but other white people are all but bowing at my feet. They are tripping over themselves to make sure I am happy, taken care of and given extra attention. It is actually getting weird. Really weird.

Please just go back to living your normal life. Nothing is wrong with your normal life. You are not evil for being white. You are not privileged for being white. Your skin color and my skin color are just skin tones, nothing more.

Thank you, my friend! I never bought into the idea that my whiteness is a sin, and you obviously have never bought into any of the lies about your blackness. I could hug you!

Old 06-11-2020, 07:13 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
It's patronizing!

Old 06-11-2020, 07:14 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
It's patronizing!

Amen!

Old 06-11-2020, 07:14 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,353,176 times
Quote:
What exactly are white strangers doing to you, specifically?

Old 06-11-2020, 07:15 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Where are you getting this from? I missed I was supposed to feel guilty.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:

I'm sorry, Bruiser Brody. Let me get on my knees and beg your forgiveness.

Not to worry, there are more sane white folks than insane. I feel no shame or guilt about anything.

Most of us just want to live our lives and be left alone. Like sane black folks do!

Old 06-11-2020, 07:17 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,820,641 times
It's not self-hating, it's called compassion. You may need to look that word up.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:23 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,701,993 times
Quote:

I bet you have NEVER been upset about black self hate I guess you can't get upset as YOURSELF though, which that would require.

That having been said, it is sickening some of the displays I have seen lately. Oh if only I were single today. I am sure I could have many white women for no other reason than they would feel guilty for rejecting me. I am sure that a lot of folks are taking advantage of all this sorrow over George Floyd. I personally felt no different from any other person who lost their life and should not have. I don't know. I am kind of numb to stuff like that. I knew what America was like and what the police was like way before George Floyd was unjustly killed. The police did not become "bad" just then. I am running a marathon for the movement for black equality.....not sprints. I keep the same pace....I don't just sprint to high profile events, then wait for the next one. Don't get me wrong. We NEED those sprinters. We need short and long distance runners in this race. I am a long distance runner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:23 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:

What is it about Trump loyalists that they always feel like victims? I have never seen anything like it.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies