Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 01:13 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I see that as of June 1st there were no longer any size-limitations on events in Tulsa:

https://www.cityoftulsa.org/covid-19

Since the city is allowing such events, I fail to see the reason for the Trump campaign to require such waivers.

However, I guess it doesn't hurt. It will be odd if President Trump starts talking about how the COVID 19 virus is almost gone, etc., while the crowd is sitting there with waivers in their hands (assuming they get to keep a copy; the campaign will, of course, keep the original).
But cases are spiking in Oklahoma. In Owasso, a suburb of Tulsa, the Whirlpool manufacturing plant had to close due to workers testing positive. In my town, where cases are spiking, a pizza restaurant just closed due to a positive worker. Here is what the mayor had to say about the local spike:

A message from the Stillwater mayor:

LOCAL COVID UPDATE (June 12)
Monday, June 8: 3 new cases
Tuesday, June 9: 1 new case
Wednesday, June 10: 3 new cases
Thursday, June 11: 6 new cases
Friday, June 12: 12 new cases

Total for the last 5 days: 25 new COVID cases in Stillwater.
This week alone, Stillwater has more new COVID cases than we had in March, April and May, combined. The second wave is here, and it's spreading faster than the first.

This is very concerning, and clearly a factor of more residents back in Stillwater and more personal interaction among residents. Many, if not most, of these new cases are among young adults in our community. While this new outbreak has not resulted in substantial hospitalizations, I am worried that it is just a matter of time before these cases reach our more vulnerable populations.

YOU MUST DO YOUR PART TO KEEP OUR COMMUNITY SAFE. Even if you are young and healthy, you can catch COVID and you can spread COVID. You can give the disease to someone less resilient than you, and they can get very sick or even die.

Our local taskforce is meeting today to discuss the situation and potential responses. No matter what, each person in Stillwater needs to recognize the serious nature of this disease and choose to protect themselves and their neighbors by following CDC and state health guidelines. Wear a mask in public. Avoid crowded areas. Wash your hands frequently. Keep your distance from other people.
Love your neighbor. Stop the spread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 02:21 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But cases are spiking in Oklahoma. In Owasso, a suburb of Tulsa, the Whirlpool manufacturing plant had to close due to workers testing positive. In my town, where cases are spiking, a pizza restaurant just closed due to a positive worker. Here is what the mayor had to say about the local spike:

A message from the Stillwater mayor:

LOCAL COVID UPDATE (June 12)
Monday, June 8: 3 new cases
Tuesday, June 9: 1 new case
Wednesday, June 10: 3 new cases
Thursday, June 11: 6 new cases
Friday, June 12: 12 new cases

Total for the last 5 days: 25 new COVID cases in Stillwater.
This week alone, Stillwater has more new COVID cases than we had in March, April and May, combined. The second wave is here, and it's spreading faster than the first.

This is very concerning, and clearly a factor of more residents back in Stillwater and more personal interaction among residents. Many, if not most, of these new cases are among young adults in our community. While this new outbreak has not resulted in substantial hospitalizations, I am worried that it is just a matter of time before these cases reach our more vulnerable populations.

YOU MUST DO YOUR PART TO KEEP OUR COMMUNITY SAFE. Even if you are young and healthy, you can catch COVID and you can spread COVID. You can give the disease to someone less resilient than you, and they can get very sick or even die.

Our local taskforce is meeting today to discuss the situation and potential responses. No matter what, each person in Stillwater needs to recognize the serious nature of this disease and choose to protect themselves and their neighbors by following CDC and state health guidelines. Wear a mask in public. Avoid crowded areas. Wash your hands frequently. Keep your distance from other people.
Love your neighbor. Stop the spread.
My question is if he's so sure there's nothing to it, why would he even bring it up?

Old 06-12-2020, 02:36 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzsnorlax View Post
lmao
rotfl :d

Old 06-12-2020, 02:38 PM

628 posts, read 209,403 times
Makes sense.

Caveat Emptor.

Old 06-12-2020, 02:46 PM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times
I expect all major gatherings from now on will have such waivers built into all ticket sales.

Lawyers are working overtime to capitalize on Covid. Make no mistake.

Old 06-12-2020, 03:50 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
I mean, isn't it a hoax according to Trump supporters?

I'm unclear on why a waiver would be needed for a hoax.

Old 06-12-2020, 03:54 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
The rally in Tulsa will bring people from all over -- including states that have seen increases in hospitalization & cases. I wonder how far back they will put people from Trump.

I'm sure Trump and his campaign don't care at all if people get sick and expose themselves but you know for sure he's not getting close to anybody.

Old 06-12-2020, 03:55 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Great move by the Trump campaign. The Liberals that let their voters riot, loot, kill, and rob whilst violating their "stay at home orders" should be liable for all the covid spread they encouraged amongst their voters.
The difference is clear; street protests aren't ticketed events, with venues that are bought and paid for (at least in theory, not clear whether Trump will honor any debts incurred that his campaign has signed for).

Ticketed organized events are held to a higher standard of care than spontaneous street gatherings.

And also, apparently Trump thinks his admirers will sue if given the chance.

Old 06-12-2020, 03:59 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
I had so sign a similar release form, going to the Dentist, that I would not hold them responsible -What's the big deal???

Old 06-13-2020, 08:48 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I had so sign a similar release form, going to the Dentist, that I would not hold them responsible -What's the big deal???
Oh lordy, you don't get it do you. Being in a chair with a dentist in full PPE is not the same as being in a crowded space with zero social distancing and in close proximity to yelling spectators. It goes against everything the CDC recommends. It's reckless, but I'm sure there's enough Covidiots willing to risk their health and their loved ones health to get a glimpse of dear leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies