Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 12:07 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times

Advertisements

I never make predictions, but I'll make my first here-
Trump will win Florida.
No idea what will happen other than that, but the last 2 candidates to win the General Election without Florida were Clinton92 and JFK60.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 12:07 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,391,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Trump barely won the 2016 election with less than 1% in 3 key states for electoral votes. With the country falling apart, it’s hard to see him having that kind of luck again. We’ll see.
^ This....

Old 06-12-2020, 12:11 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
The problem with folks locking in Biden, is that Biden's 8 point lead at RCP could easily only be a 4 or 5 point lead next month, and Hillary led by 7.1 on October 18th, so these leads count for literally nothing....Especially in this case, because unemployment will improve, protesters will go home, and rallies will happen. Trump has gigantic upside, while Biden has nothing to look forward to....

Old 06-12-2020, 12:24 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,017 times
The 2016 election was a case of overwhelming power meeting overwhelming logistics.

There's a reason Trump surgically rallied again and again in very specific podunk areas in key states.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:39 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Reading Fire and Fury by Tom Wolff, when the Trump crowd was in the Trump Tower on Election night 2016, there wasn't one person in that group that ever thought Trump would win, including Trump. Which explains the chaos that resulted in Trump's first 100 days. They just weren't prepared to win!

Old 06-12-2020, 12:43 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Murdoch doesn't know, he's guessing.

But I think he is guessing right.

Old 06-12-2020, 01:10 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Democrats make it hard for me to want to support them lately... lockdowns over this virus and protests over police behavior towards people with a large history of priors who are also resisting arrest... that said the right have the federal reserve and unlimited funny money and corporate welfare.. but then again the democrats would have done the same thing... both parties answer to the big banks and other assorted oligarchs. I'm not a big fan of the swamp as a whole to be honest. Heck it was just the democrats who wanted another huge multi-trillion dollar stimulus.

Still I find the right to be the lessor of two evils. I don't think the ends justify the means, so billionaires using identity politics and encouraging dissent to solve a problem that they created doesn't strike me as honorable. What do they hope to accomplish with the protests? What is the end goal? The average person really isn't racist.. here in South Dakota, a red state with a libertarian slant, nobody cares if someone is gay, black, or transgender... we had several examples of gays and blacks who ended up befriending a lot of their co-workers at my plant... we have a live and let live mentality. If you don't have a chip on your shoulder and are friendly most people will treat you fine. Where are all these racists I hear about? These people in the inner city create their own problems by being criminals, thugs, and lowlifes unwilling to take an honest job because drug dealing, stealing cars, etc. is more profitable.

Just tired of all these "manufactured" injustices the left peddles...and don't get me started on locking people in their homes over a virus... I'll stick with the right for now until they give me a reason to do otherwise or a good third party pops up... a party that is both progressive but supports freedom and personal accountability, rather than rewarding people for making bad decisions in life and giving criminals the benefit of the doubt while trying to punish the honest and hard working to reward the parasite class (top and bottom)

Last edited by sholomar; 06-12-2020 at 01:19 AM..

Old 06-12-2020, 01:30 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,294 times
Murdoch has been very successful in business so he knows a loser when he sees one: Trump

Old 06-12-2020, 01:32 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Trump barely won the 2016 election with less than 1% in 3 key states for electoral votes. With the country falling apart, it’s hard to see him having that kind of luck again. We’ll see.
The insanity of the SJW left and the lunatic pandering dems such as AOC has given a clear view of the leftist future in the last few weeks. I think the massive silent majority will hold their nose and vote for him again. The alternative is just too grim.

Old 06-12-2020, 01:35 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
The insanity of the SJW left and the lunatic pandering dems such as AOC has given a clear view of the leftist future in the last few weeks. I think the massive silent majority will hold their nose and vote for him again. The alternative is just too grim.
Lol....as opposed to the other alternative: 15% unemployment, 22 million jobs lost, 45 million jobless claims, 115k corona cases. You guys act like the alternative you provide is better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies