Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 07:46 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Because he didn't read his own article, it seems.

You do know that the editor of that piece lost his job because he had lied about what Cotton had said, don't you?
I do know that he lost his job, but I also know that is not why he lost his job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's a shame that the right wingers cannot see the right wing extremist in Tom Cotton. He points out left wing extremism in the video but he is just as bad in his views as a right winger.

You pointed his advocating of the armed forces to "quell" civil unrest. He has also advocated attacking Iran. He has demanded that journalists be jailed for their investigative reporting.

Smart, well spoken guy. Just crazy to the right.
Now here is the scary part: You know how Trumpers all practically worship the ground he walks on? You know how they will do anything he tells them, how they will believe anything he tells them? And you and I both know that Trump is batsh*t crazy.

But imagine if someone like Cotton was President, and how this same worship complex that Trumpers have was now directed towards someone who is *not* batsh*t crazy like Trump. That's what I've been saying all along, the real danger to our democracy comes when someone like Cotton is in the Oval Office, a wannabe fascist with an army of supporters who are loyal to the cause.

Our democracy is weak and rotted from within, and it won't take much from someone like Cotton to obliterate the foundation of it and it will collapse on itself, all in the name of "law and order".

Old 06-12-2020, 07:54 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times
Lol, you got to love Tom Cotton, tells it how it is.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:56 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,691,176 times
In this particular instance, he isn't necessarily wrong. The "cancel culture" really is an incredibly-dangerous, modern-day version of McCarthyism.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:58 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
lmao. finally a rebublican not cowering in terror of the pitchfork-wielding SJWs’ Cultural Revolution. thanks tom.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1271180403496194049
Agree!
Tom Cotton for prez 2024

Old 06-12-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Now here is the scary part: You know how Trumpers all practically worship the ground he walks on? You know how they will do anything he tells them, how they will believe anything he tells them? And you and I both know that Trump is batsh*t crazy.

But imagine if someone like Cotton was President, and how this same worship complex that Trumpers have was now directed towards someone who is *not* batsh*t crazy like Trump. That's what I've been saying all along, the real danger to our democracy comes when someone like Cotton is in the Oval Office, a wannabe fascist with an army of supporters who are loyal to the cause.

Our democracy is weak and rotted from within, and it won't take much from someone like Cotton to obliterate the foundation of it and it will collapse on itself, all in the name of "law and order".
The extremists on the far left are every bit as bad as the extremists on the far right. The extremists on both sides want subjugation and all citizens to conform to their exact platform.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:02 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
The extremists on the far left are every bit as bad as the extremists on the far right. The extremists on both sides want subjugation and all citizens to conform to their exact platform.
They're just a small normally insignificant part of the left, they control the right. Only reason the lefty radicals are getting any attention is because the right has become so unhinged.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
They're just a small normally insignificant part of the left, they control the right. Only reason the lefty radicals are getting any attention is because the right has become so unhinged.
I wouldn't refer to them as insignificant. The Democratic Party as a whole right now are basically falling in line behind extremists on the left and no one has shown much backbone or sanity at all. I will give Governor Cuomo some credit by denouncing violence & looting and putting pressure on NYC's mayor to get it under control. However, he seems to have been the exception during this time.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:13 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I do know that he lost his job, but I also know that is not why he lost his job.
Correcting what I had said ... the article was based on a lie about what Cotton had said and the editor lost his job because he had the untruthful article printed.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
The extremists on the far left are every bit as bad as the extremists on the far right.
False equivalency. Extremists on the left are struggling to even be recognized. Extremists on the right control the levers of power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies