Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 08:20 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,690,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
False equivalency. Extremists on the left are struggling to even be recognized. Extremists on the right control the levers of power.
I am going to disagree with you on that. Your alignment and ideology has a skewed view of what an "extremist" is on the left. What quite a few normal people would likely view as an "extremist" on the left, you probably just view as either liberal or far-left. In your situation with your viewpoints, you simply have an easier time picking out extremists on the right. For me, I am mostly conservative and have an easier time picking out extremists on the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 08:21 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Agree!
Tom Cotton for prez 2024
The same Tom Cotton that advised Trump to buy Greenland, and who seems desperate for a war with China.

Whilst I don'y like Woke culture there is also an awful lot I don't like about Tom Cotton.

IN THE AGE OF TRUMP, TOM COTTON MAY BE AMERICA’S MOST DANGEROUS SENATOR - The Intercept

Think Trump is bad? President Tom Cotton would be even more terrifying - The Guardian

Last edited by Brave New World; 06-12-2020 at 08:33 AM..

Old 06-12-2020, 08:31 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I can't understand how people could watch that vid clip and then spew some of the dumbest crap I've heard recently in response to it. The whataboutism and the bending over backwards to somehow come up with something to refute that clip is beyond laughable, it's the epitome of being intellectual dishonest. I've seen it all over this board, but it's pretty obvious in this thread.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:41 AM

289 posts, read 143,559 times
I'm surprised there hasn't been a push to change Tom Cotton's last name to something else.

You know - Cotton.... offensive... plantations.... picking cotton.... slaves..... etc.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:54 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
I am going to disagree with you on that. Your alignment and ideology has a skewed view of what an "extremist" is on the left. What quite a few normal people would likely view as an "extremist" on the left, you probably just view as either liberal or far-left. In your situation with your viewpoints, you simply have an easier time picking out extremists on the right. For me, I am mostly conservative and have an easier time picking out extremists on the left.
Fair enough. We agree to disagree, as far as what you consider "extremist" on the left has no real voice in Congress, but you likely consider someone like AOC to be an "extremist", and I do not. The all important sum of this equation is who has the power to do anything with an extremist viewpoint. The rightwing has all the power to actually enforce their brand of extremism, and the left does not, as they are scattered voices in the wilderness.

And that's what really matters.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:35 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Child, quit whining, I'll get to you when I feel like it.

Please include a link not behind a paywall.
it's your local paper, and it's not paywalled for me. but here ya go.

was it 'fascism' when troops were used in arkansas in 1957 to desegregate the public schools? or to keep all of detroit from burning in the 60s riots?

do tell.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:36 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Well at least there's one guy not afraid to speak out against this.

All the rest are wimpy cowards who are either silent or proposing their own removal of statues.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:37 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
What I am referring to has NOTHING to do with that clip. Tom wants him some fascism because he wants to use the 82nd and 101st Airborne to quell civil unrest.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/03/o...-military.html
sorry.. but your fascist newspaper link wants my money to read their propaganda...........even Goebboels did not charge for it.........

Old 06-12-2020, 09:39 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Child, quit whining, I'll get to you when I feel like it.

Please include a link not behind a paywall.
pot..... meet kettle.........

Old 06-12-2020, 09:41 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Please explain what in that video clip indicated that he wanted fascism. I am pretty sure the gist of the words were that freedom of speech is in danger, so how is that fascism? Please explain because I am genuinely confused and want to understand what I am missing.

You don't understand. Democrats (despite their pretentions to being the educated class) are really not very good students of history.

It's why Trump is described as a fascist despite working from day 1 to DISMANTLE the regulatory state. Which is precisely the OPPOSITE of fascism.

It's why they call him a fascist for keeping us OUT of expansionist wars and conflicts.

So because Democrats actually don't know what a fascist is or what fascism is, it's their fall-back. They've killed the term like they did racist. They are rabid, frothing dogs gnashing out at the world and biting everyone with their labels and "ist" terms. Ideological possession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies