Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 05:08 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
Here is the reality from my perspective - I am white, was born-and-raised in Mississippi but now reside in Tennessee and generally am conservative. As such, I normally vote for Republican candidates. I will admit to being shocked by what has happened over the last 4 years. I honestly thought it was a joke that Donald Trump was running for president and just viewed it as a ridiculous publicity stunt. Never in a million years would I have ever believed that he would even get the nomination, much less win the presidency. We are basically almost 4 years later and I am still trying to process how we got to this point. Bush Jr & Bush Sr weren't extremists, so how we went from conservatives who weren't extremists to one who basically is has been a bit baffling to me.

Fast forward to 2020. Essentially, I've been able to watch Trump for nearly 4 years and I realized quite a bit ago that he lacked the type of leadership qualities that we normally expect from presidents. He was arrogant, childish, irrational and certainly has a tendency to lie. Obviously, not really the type of qualities that I think decent people would normally embrace. If the election had been held in April, I would have cast my vote for Biden. I really felt like it was the only rational choice and that we needed someone who could bring some sanity and leadership to the table. I had reservations about the left-wing portion of the Democratic Party leaning on Biden and trying to force him to sign off on radical, irrational policies but I sort of accepted that we might just have to accept that as a possibility. I am not a liberal and really am not even a moderate but I felt that 4 more years of Trump was too potentially dangerous. His lack of leadership during COVID was really just the cherry on top, as I already knew that he really wasn't a good fit and really needed to go.

Well, the problem is that the last few weeks have happened. I am in my 30s and have never seen this type of anarchy and violence in the U.S. at any time prior to this. I do think a lot of people are scared by what they are seeing, even if they aren't necessarily voicing their opinions (out of fear of the far-left radicals and their supporters). This situation has created a new problem for a voter like me, as a vote for Biden now would appear to be a vote in support for the anarchy & extremism that we've seen in the last few weeks. That is a big problem for me and I think it is going to cause some others to think long and hard about what they are going to do in November as well. Look, I think most normal, sane people recognize that the lives of human beings matter, including black lives. However, what has happened in the last few weeks has gone way beyond just being about black suspects being killed by police.

The last few weeks are a real problem for Joe Biden. He's in serious danger of losing me, and likely some others who were ready to get rid of Trump, as we've seen in horror what the radical left is capable of and how irrational they can be. The poll numbers have clearly favored Biden to this point but I don't think the recent poll numbers have yet been impacted by the recent anarchy but I think they absolutely will. Biden is in a tough spot, as BLM and other left-wing extremists are going to try force their policies and beliefs on him and expect him to comply with their agenda. Will he give in and try to appease them? That is a legitimate fear and they certainly don't seem like a group that is willing to be rational and compromise on much of anything. Just a few weeks ago it seemed like a given that Biden would defeat Trump but this recent wave of violence and anarchy has actually opened a small window to allow him to get back in the race and even somehow win it.

I don't think the far left extremists quite realize what they have done at this point but I think they have scared enough people that they actually are costing Joe Biden big-time with each passing day. I still don't know what I am going to do in November. I have two terrible choices: a childish, irrational liar (Trump) or a guy who is going to basically be held hostage by violent extremists (Biden). Neither choice is very attractive at all. I can't possibly be the only person who feels this way.
"I've been able to watch Trump for nearly 4 years and I realized quite a bit ago that he lacked the type of leadership qualities that we normally expect from presidents. He was arrogant, childish, irrational and certainly has a tendency to lie" Can be applied the likes of clinton and obama also.

"However, what has happened in the last few weeks has gone way beyond just being about black suspects being killed by police."

And very LITTLE coverage about ALL the police that have been shot by "peaceful" protesters.

"Protest-Obsessed TV Networks Barely Mention Violence Against Police

ABC, CBS and NBC have churned out a massive amount of coverage for protests during the past two weeks (1,042 minutes on their morning and evening news programs), but these same networks have spent almost no airtime letting viewers know about the injuries and death inflicted on police officers during these two weeks of social unrest. In fact, as of June 9, not a single protest-related instance of violence against police has received more than 40 seconds from any of these networks."

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/bil...olence-against

Most people base their opinions on where they get their news. Based on your post and what you BELIEVE, I would guess you watch the alphabet news the most.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:13 AM

269 posts, read 181,420 times
To hear Hollywood actors moving to Canada, to read 4 more years of fake media narratives, and to see that woman crying at trumps inauguration are worth enough to vote for trump.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Yes, prior to the riots, I was thinking Biden would pick a moderate V.P and win due to Trump’s failure to handle the Coronavirus well. After the riots, I think Biden will pick a radical left V.P and lose in a in landslide to Trump, even in the bluest states. I think P.C has gone overboard an& there may be a huge backlash in the other direction as open racism against people of color may become acceptable in Trump’s second term.
Saying he will pick ONLY a BLACK WOMAN is racist AND sexist.

What ever happened to the dems who praised this? "
“I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character”. On 28 August in 1963, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Martin Luther King Jr. - Facts - NobelPrize.org

They are as fickle as a teenage girl!

Old 06-13-2020, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Yes, prior to the riots, I was thinking Biden would pick a moderate V.P and win due to Trump’s failure to handle the Coronavirus well. After the riots, I think Biden will pick a radical left V.P and lose in a in landslide to Trump, even in the bluest states. I think P.C has gone overboard an& there may be a huge backlash in the other direction as open racism against people of color may become acceptable in Trump’s second term.
"Yes, prior to the riots, I was thinking Biden would pick a moderate V.P". Don't follow the news much, do you.

WAY back when the dem race was on biden said he would pick a female, warren was at the top of is list, then a BLACK female.

Is there such a thing anymore as a "moderate" dem?

Old 06-13-2020, 06:26 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Democrats will be voting republican to save their party and return it back to something viable !!!

If they want to save it, its the only logical thing they can do !!!

Old 06-13-2020, 06:29 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Sadly, the polls are showing more people are supporting democrat stupidity and depravity.
Decades of democrat indoctrination in our schools, entertainment industry, social media and regular media is now in full manifested display.
One can only hope for higher voter turnout for the R’s or our country is done for.....
Hopefully, there's Divine Intervention, like in 2016, in which case, Trump gets re-elected. He believes in AMERICA, and is doing a great job as president and I'll vote for him again because of that. But his personality absolutely sucks! He's a lousy speaker, and means well, but he won't shut up! The Left keeps baiting him, and he keeps biting. Major metropolitan area voters love "free" stuff for ALL, and will continue to vote for that until they run out of spending other people's money. I know he's constantly defending himself, and I understand that. But does he always have to be a jerk in the process? IF (which isn't possible for Trump) he became more likeable, he'd win in a landslide, but he's a brash, fighting, no holds barred, New Yorker. His base is rock solid. He needs to quit pandering to it, and go after blacks and Independents who like what he's doing as president, but can't stand his personality. Outside of large Democrat-run cities, Trump will do well, but well enough to win re-election will take Divine Intervention. Thus, I'm hopeful!

Old 06-13-2020, 07:47 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Hopefully, there's Divine Intervention, like in 2016, in which case, Trump gets re-elected. He believes in AMERICA, and is doing a great job as president and I'll vote for him again because of that. But his personality absolutely sucks! He's a lousy speaker, and means well, but he won't shut up! The Left keeps baiting him, and he keeps biting. Major metropolitan area voters love "free" stuff for ALL, and will continue to vote for that until they run out of spending other people's money. I know he's constantly defending himself, and I understand that. But does he always have to be a jerk in the process? IF (which isn't possible for Trump) he became more likeable, he'd win in a landslide, but he's a brash, fighting, no holds barred, New Yorker. His base is rock solid. He needs to quit pandering to it, and go after blacks and Independents who like what he's doing as president, but can't stand his personality. Outside of large Democrat-run cities, Trump will do well, but well enough to win re-election will take Divine Intervention. Thus, I'm hopeful!

Lousy speaker? Unlike Obama, Trump speaks off the cuff and can think on his feet. Obama needed to have EVERYTHING on a teleprompter, otherwise that "great speaker" sounded absolutely awful. Obama had a great voice, but he was a terrible speaker.

Unlike most politicians, Trump speaks him mind and one is never left wondering about his position. Other politicians are trained liars and say only what they perceive the public wants to hear.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:39 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
How are people going to vote for someone who has dementia?
Maybe the same way Regan was re-elected with Alzheimer's. According to his son he was showing signs as early as three years into his first term. Yet, some people say he was one of the best presidents ever.

Maybe it's really all about having "all the best people" in place vs some con man barking carnival clown that rewards loyalty with jobs that people are not qualified for.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:41 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Doesn't matter who wins. Either way, WE lost.
The United States is over. We are witnessing the beginning of the end. I'm calling it right now, in less than 5 years this country will completely collapse.
It's going to get really ugly here. Enjoy what you have left for now.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Probably not an issue legal voting will probably give him the election- btw when the fraudulent votes are deleted he won the last popular vote of 2016
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies