Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 11:27 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
What has intrigued me during this entire time is just how little black folk and white folk can openly discuss these issues with each other.

That is the only reason I can think of that would lead white folk to believe black people never discuss issues in the black community or blame Whitey for everything. I will say this, there is a fear that opening up those conversations to people outside the black community will lead to more crap and ammunition for the race baiters, perhaps that is the reason.

But those conversations go very deep, much deeper than I think white folk imagine. It would be interesting to see what would happen if we had more dialog between groups at the level that black folk talk to each other. Trust me it gets very heated.
Totally, there are convos I have with my black friends that I don't have with non-black friends. That doesn't mean I don't share a lot with the other non-black friends, but there are some topics I don't think they will understand. I definitely give them a curated version.

But maybe a lot of white people don't even get a curated version?

Over the past few weeks I have been sharing more things with certain non-black friends, depending on relationship and how safe I feel with them. But it is definitely not all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 11:30 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Candace Owens flips and flops where the market will take her.

Lots of successful Black people are celebrated on a regular basis.

Kobe Bryant anybody? I know an obvious reference but his athletic ability, his entrepreneurial spirit, his creativity, his humanity was celebrated in grand style.

He's one of many.........

Candace OWens spends so much time creating material for her rants she might have missed it.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:32 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
LOL...if you knew anything about black people....those conversations have been going on before CO was born...lol. You are not introducing anything new to black people and she certainly is not.
I guess for me the vast majority of what I hear is from the mostly white, liberal media who have and are falling all over themselves to not be in what their mind is racist. This includes never saying anything 'bad' about a black american, because in their world (white liberal's) they would rather say it's all their fault instead of saying a black person did anything wrong. They think they would be racist if they do, which is ridiculous. So, when I hear a black woman speak about these things when the rest of the media won't acknowledge them, it is refreshing. Change and success will not happen for the inner city black community at large until they decide it is okay - in fact desirable - to be educated, successful, productive members of society. The same is true for slums of any ethnicity. There are white slums in America. What is holding them back, other white people? Come on, that doesn't make sense. I think it is their local culture.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:38 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J77YacAk_bE

A "nationalist wouldn't kill his own people?"

And what if part of "his own people" don't want anything to do with the nationalist ideas?

She is not very bright, is she?
Honestly, she's brilliant. She knows exactly how to tell her mostly white, mostly racist, fanbase that it's OK, they aren't really racist because they think she's pretty and she tells them what they want to hear. It's making her rich. She knows exactly what she's doing. She's a very suave businesswoman. Can't fault her for knowing which people would make her the rich.

FWIW, I think most of these talking heads say exactly what they think their base wants to hear rather than actually saying what they think. You'll never know what they really think. And that goes for all parts of the political spectrum.

I mean really? Obama? Oprah? MLK? Katherine Johnson? Colin Powell? Keep going on with a list of celebrated successful black Americans...Black people don't celebrate her? Is that what she means?

Old 06-12-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Totally, there are convos I have with my black friends that I don't have with non-black friends. That doesn't mean I don't share a lot with the other non-black friends, but there are some topics I don't think they will understand. I definitely give them a curated version.

But maybe a lot of white people don't even get a curated version?

Over the past few weeks I have been sharing more things with certain non-black friends, depending on relationship and how safe I feel with them. But it is definitely not all of them.
Interesting. Thanks for your post. As indicated in my reply to Indentured Servant, as a white person, I don't hear these conversations. I think a lot of white folks are in the same boat, and the perception over time becomes that black Americans want to ignore their sore spots and blame everything on the white guy. Like zero accountability among black Americans. What I hear in the media (social media included) is a stark difference between blacks and other races. Whites will quickly hold other whites accountable and acknowledge he/she is scum, but I almost never see this from the black American community.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:47 AM

18,444 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
No one cares about a basic middle class black family. .
there's only one group that cares about normal people acting normal....

...and that's the ones that call them uncle Toms

that's the group celebrating lowlife black trash culture

Old 06-12-2020, 11:48 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Candace Owen is only saying what her white conservative base wants to hear.
Why is that? Maybe whatever she says is exactly whatever she believes. Ever thought of that? Maybe she is just a woman with strong belief and opinions.

This is exactly why I cannot take SOME liberals seriously. They truly believe a non-white minority woman cannot be a conservative. If she was a conservative, she was there to "please a certain base." Where is the respect?! Many of these women are so independent and they don't need to please anybody!

Many non-white conservative women have the healthiest self-esteem. Plus, we are who we are through experiences. I, for example, am a third culture kid who grew up very differently. I simply don't understand why 'culture' has to be so territorial.

I believe third culture kids can relate to a lot of people. We have done that our entire lives – finding common ground with others from different cultures and upbringings.

We are simply different. So I can totally understand why Candace Owen believes a certain way. There are many different kinds of people in the world.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:52 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Candace Owen is only saying what her white conservative base wants to hear.
Ah, so no different than all the the white liberals and democrats only saying what blacks want to hear.

Atleast she’s smart enough to get rich and famous for it. Where is all the prosperity we blacks are supposed to have for our blind loyalty to democrats?

Blacks are not monolithic, we are allowed to be conservatives too.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:53 AM

35,693 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
That's a beautiful shirt.

I don't mean to argue, but I don't understand this kind of attitude.

She is going to wake up from her dream and see what reality? She is a beautiful woman who has already made a name for herself. If she's a brand, she knew exactly how to sell herself. She's rich, famous, and beautiful. That's the winning ticket for life.

You don't have to agree with what she says, but your attitude just showed that you don't take a non-white conservative woman seriously, as if they are all weird or something.

What does her shirt have anything to do with it? that is a beautiful shirt looks great on her.
One thing is conservatism, another going against her own race as if the problems don't exist.
As for being rich and famous -being the winning ticket for life OH my -- let me be known for, being kind, compassionate,fair, and a giving person. Standing up for whats right, with integrity, and honesty. Being a true patriot for this country wanting all to be treated equally and desiring better laws for the benefit of all the people. She can keep her money- looks and fame- a house built on sand.

white blouse-- white denotes purity of heart- on her pfft, - just a sample:

GoFundMe shut it down. According to the site, they ended the fundraising prematurely “because of a repeated pattern of inflammatory statements that spread hate, discrimination, intolerance and falsehoods against the black community at a time of profound national crisis.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9558791.html

Old 06-12-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
Honestly, she's brilliant. She knows exactly how to tell her mostly white, mostly racist, fanbase that it's OK, they aren't really racist because they think she's pretty and she tells them what they want to hear. It's making her rich. She knows exactly what she's doing. She's a very suave businesswoman. Can't fault her for knowing which people would make her the rich.

FWIW, I think most of these talking heads say exactly what they think their base wants to hear rather than actually saying what they think. You'll never know what they really think. And that goes for all parts of the political spectrum.

I mean really? Obama? Oprah? MLK? Katherine Johnson? Colin Powell? Keep going on with a list of celebrated successful black Americans...Black people don't celebrate her? Is that what she means?
They mostly honor only those successful black Americans who agree with the liberal narrative that white people in today's america are holding black people back. Blacks who dare say blacks have opportunity are vilified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies