Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2020, 12:30 PM

25,409 posts, read 9,712,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
This is insanely easy to differentiate. Was there illegal activity including arson, looting and destruction of property happening? If yes, that's a riot. If no, then it might be a protest.

So would you be willing to contend that these "protests" did not coincide with massive amounts of looting, burning, assault, murder, arson, etc.? Would you be willing to make the case here and now that none of "peaceful protestors" engaged in violence, looting, arson and rioting?
Yes, there was a lot of looting. Yes, there were peaceful protests. I wasn't there. I don't know who did what. But I did see both groups. I know the ones who got attacked by the military in DC were peaceful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 12:39 PM

8,860 posts, read 2,493,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
My one neighbor who gets me stuff from a market on weekend when she goes EARLY IN MORNING as they are open for older people and more compromised ones, sent me a note this morning, and she's a major Mask Wearer even to the mail box at our apt bldg., she's in quarantine until next Thursday...All that masking...and I'm certain she's a big sanitizer too. Tells me something I think.
For sure, wearing the masks and all that nonsense gives people a false sense of safety and it gives them a sense of self righteousness. That they are the good, moral, smart people, who are saving the world by wearing a mask or by going to a protest. It's what you might expect from those long on emotions and short on intelligence.

Now that said, I'm not opposed to wearing a mask, I wear one literally every day that I work and for the longest time I wore one when I went out. I still got COVID-19. Thankfully it's not ebola or any kind of legitimately deadly virus.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:52 PM

17,927 posts, read 27,336,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Who thinks CV19 is no big deal...it's awful, tragic and we'll never know why and how it truly hit the world.
Oh yes we will.

We can say we lived it!

Here's what we saw!

Covid 19 is a racist politically motivated and scientific disease that can infect 300,000 people going to a Trump Rally but spare a bunch of "peacefully" protesting, looting, arsonists and rioters and cop-killing punks who go destroy and cough on each other for weeks and weeks!

Happy Voting!

Old 06-13-2020, 12:52 PM

41,787 posts, read 74,815,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Now that said, I'm not opposed to wearing a mask, I wear one literally every day that I work and for the longest time I wore one when I went out. I still got COVID-19.
Apparently the people around you did not wear masks?
Quote:
Thankfully it's not ebola or any kind of legitimately deadly virus.
More than 100,000 people and their families would disagree with you on its legitimacy.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:58 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,057,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Apparently the people around you did not wear masks?

More than 100,000 people and their families would disagree with you on its legitimacy.
Bet anything all those people didn’t necessarily die because of Covid 19

Old 06-13-2020, 01:45 PM

1,348 posts, read 698,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You're free to quarantine yourself and I encourage you to do so. You are scared. The rest of us have lives to live.
u may or may not sef centered much

Old 06-13-2020, 01:57 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,771,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNam3 View Post
Seriously?... taking over a police station alone is insurrection worthy.
And yet going to the Michigan State house with weapons of war and dressed to fight wasn't. GMAFB. Talk about hypocrisy.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:25 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,612,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
For sure, wearing the masks and all that nonsense gives people a false sense of safety and it gives them a sense of self righteousness. That they are the good, moral, smart people, who are saving the world by wearing a mask or by going to a protest. It's what you might expect from those long on emotions and short on intelligence.

Now that said, I'm not opposed to wearing a mask, I wear one literally every day that I work and for the longest time I wore one when I went out. I still got COVID-19. Thankfully it's not ebola or any kind of legitimately deadly virus.
How is your supplementing of C, D, Zinc and other immune system builders.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:44 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,115,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWave View Post
What do you think of IHME predicting 200 deaths a day for North Carolina in September
since the 7 day peak seems to have been 21 days ago at ~23, I'd like you to connect me with someone at IHME for a public wager. I'll give them great odds.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:03 PM

56,957 posts, read 25,901,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
The CDC recently admitted that the lethality rate for CV19 is only .26%. Thats 1/4 of 1%. Considering that the vast majority of the deaths are among people in their 70's and 80's who are already in poor health, there isnt much for the general population to fear.
Do you have a link, estimates in the middle of a pandemic are usually an under count.
This needs to travel its course but you are ignoring the stress on the health care system for people that recovered and many who sustained long term damage. Although its mostly above 60 many healthy people also had issues although not fatal. A rather large number of people recovered at home but were out weeks.

This disease spreads so easily and can quickly overwhelm a health care system even putting aside fatalities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies