Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 09:08 PM

13,276 posts, read 7,326,738 times

Advertisements

If you plan on going to the Trump rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma you must sign a contract releasing the Trump campaign of all liability if you contract the Coronavirus.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/polit...rus/index.html

Anyone here planning on going?

"By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury,"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 10:55 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Lmao

Old 06-12-2020, 05:49 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
I see that as of June 1st there were no longer any size-limitations on events in Tulsa:

https://www.cityoftulsa.org/covid-19

Since the city is allowing such events, I fail to see the reason for the Trump campaign to require such waivers.

However, I guess it doesn't hurt. It will be odd if President Trump starts talking about how the COVID 19 virus is almost gone, etc., while the crowd is sitting there with waivers in their hands (assuming they get to keep a copy; the campaign will, of course, keep the original).

Old 06-12-2020, 05:56 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I see that as of June 1st there were no longer any size-limitations on events in Tulsa:

https://www.cityoftulsa.org/covid-19

Since the city is allowing such events, I fail to see the reason for the Trump campaign to require such waivers.

However, I guess it doesn't hurt. It will be odd if President Trump starts talking about how the COVID 19 virus is almost gone, etc., while the crowd is sitting there with waivers in their hands (assuming they get to keep a copy; the campaign will, of course, keep the original).
Trump campaign being run by a guy sucking money out of it. Does not want to lose any of it.
Saw it when first announced and his share of the ad buy. Trump and GOP being taken.

Enough legal fees being created by all the silly law suits against pollsters. They do not need to have supporters trying to suck money out.

Old 06-12-2020, 05:58 AM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Great move by the Trump campaign. The Liberals that let their voters riot, loot, kill, and rob whilst violating their "stay at home orders" should be liable for all the covid spread they encouraged amongst their voters.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:05 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,586,145 times
Makes sense.

I could see democrat operatives that already have the disease going to the rally to A: spread the virus and B: then claim they caught it at the rally and trying to sue the Trump campaign.

Vicious stuff yeah, but after the crap the left has been pulling the last 3 1/2 years culminating in loosing their brown shirt thugs to riot, pillage and destroy, I don't think there's anything they won't stoop to.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:06 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Great move by the Trump campaign. The Liberals that let their voters riot, loot, kill, and rob whilst violating their "stay at home orders" should be liable for all the covid spread they encouraged amongst their voters.
Yup, stick his supporters in an enclosed space with no masks and a waiver of their rights. Brilliant move.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:08 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Fits right in with the most honest statement I've ever heard Donald Trump make: "I take no responsibility"

Old 06-12-2020, 06:14 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
People have the freewill to decide for themselves whether or not they wish to attend these events. After weeks of thousands marching in the streets day and night, it certainly seems a bit petty to worry about participants at a rally.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:08 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
Being outside with protestors and a lot in masks vs being inside at a Trump rally with no masks during a pandemic? I see that as a bigger recipe for disaster. Yep smart move having people sign waivers not to sue the Trump campaign, and a reflection on how much he cares about his supporters. Zero! Trump needs to feed off of the adulation. He's going through with drawl. If people get sick and die? Meh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies