Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 04:46 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Read the link. There is a bill (expected to pass this week) that would make what she did a hate crime.
That’s absolutely chilling. He threatened her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don't think what she did is OK, but what would you charge her with? It's not illegal to call the police and say someone is threatening you. The birder could sue her for slander, but he would have to prove damages.
Considering the birder is the one who caused her all sorts of damages, she has a case against him.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:51 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Don't need it to be a hate crime. It's already a crime to make a false police report. Why the hell isn't she being charged?
In an isolated area of the park a man tells a woman, "you won't like what I'm going to do" and then tries to attract her dog and feed it something. If he was white and she was Black you would be saying he should be arrested.

Now a less arrogant and smarter person would have just left instead of calling 911, but the guy gave her reason to be concerned.

She's lost her job and is receiving death threats. She is probably unemployable.

She didn't comitt a crime. She was just a jerk and is paying disproportionately.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:10 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Ok, please explain why you don't think she should be charged with anything? Do you think it is ok for me to call the police and claim you're raping my dog without me facing any legal consequence?
What should she be charged with?

Specific law(s) please.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:11 PM

207 posts, read 113,182 times
Same reason everyone who is spreading the false narrative of "white privilege" is not charged with anything. When the "real" privilege is Asian!

Rank Race Median household income (2018 US$[1])
1 Asian 87,194
2 Non Hispanic White 70,642
3 Hispanic or Latino 51,450
4 Black 41,361

Old 06-13-2020, 05:12 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Don't need it to be a hate crime. It's already a crime to make a false police report. Why the hell isn't she being charged?
She did not make a false report, I think you need to go read what a false report is.

Having a perception you nor anyone does not agree with is not a false report.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:41 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Give me a break. The man by his own admission made comments that could easily be interpreted as threatening. Not all police encounters end up with dead people. That is ridiculous. She had every right to call 911 if she felt threatened. In the end she didn’t have the cops arrest him or do one thing to the man, but he sure ruined her life.
Where is this coming from? Can you show me a link? You're the first person I've seen defend her behavior. Charges were considered.

here is her apology

“I sincerely and humbly apologize to everyone, especially to that man, his family,” she said. “It was unacceptable and I humbly and fully apologize to everyone who’s seen that video, everyone that’s been offended…everyone who thinks of me in a lower light and I understand why they do.”

Do you think she wasn't sincere?

Old 06-13-2020, 06:01 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsltrk View Post
The apology is BS. It was only uttered to appease the rabid politically correct folks that chastised her over the ordeal. OP is one of them.

I do not think any charges are warranted. The whole story is dumb and let's be honest here, yet again, only made it to the corrupt media because a white woman tattled against the poor black man.

Karens are out there everyday and charges have not been brought upon them.
How do you know the apology was BS? She seemed unhinged to me in the video. Maybe she really does have regrets (besides getting caught) about the incident.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Where is this coming from? Can you show me a link? You're the first person I've seen defend her behavior. Charges were considered.

here is her apology

“I sincerely and humbly apologize to everyone, especially to that man, his family,” she said. “It was unacceptable and I humbly and fully apologize to everyone who’s seen that video, everyone that’s been offended…everyone who thinks of me in a lower light and I understand why they do.”

Do you think she wasn't sincere?
I guess you missed the 70 ish page thread on this issue. If you want to see my stand on this issue go to that thread. I really don’t care to rehash it here. Suffice it to say that I do not believe that apology was necessary, but since he called down the Twitter mob on her and utterly ruined her life over an insignificant argument in the park she was pretty much forced to issue an apology.

The woman is as liberal as they come. I strongly doubt she is a racist. I don’t know much except that the guy starts a confrontation with her that goes on for several minutes before the cameras are rolling. All we have are his words for what happened prior to filming and in my opinion that sounded strange and could be interpreted as threatening when confronted by a man you don’t know in a secluded area of the park.

Do we even know if 911 was called or if she was just trying to scare him off to leave her alone? I never heard about a police encounter or any follow up besides what came down on her from the public. They took her job and her employer publicly fired her and branded her a racist on Twitter. They even took her dog away from her, though someone posted that she got the dog back recently. All because of an argument in the park.

People in that other thread wanted her to get all sorts of evil, from prison time to at least homelessness and/or being forced to clean houses the rest of her life. It’s weird how a mob can get formed over so little.

Last edited by katygirl68; 06-13-2020 at 10:28 PM..

Old 06-13-2020, 10:20 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
To me, Amy Cooper being able to get away with trying have a black man murdered by cop is the embodiment of white privilege. Given the history of white women/girls falsely accusing men/boys of color of sexual assault or just looking at them the wrong way and the resulting lynching and murdering of these men/boys should be enough to give people second thoughts about doing such thing.
That happened like 4 times in 150 years, compared to tens of thousands of innocent whites being murdered by blacks in that time.

And you don't know what happened in the park. You have a video of part of it, but not all of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies