Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 07:35 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Why would anyone call police on someone that was not committing a crime? LOL

If they are calling police due to it being a black person or another minority and they ASSUME they are committing a crime...then YES, that should have consequences, that is pure racism.
You should ask for a ride-along with your local PD

I worked as a deputy in Los Angeles in a not -very- good -area for number of years. Yet, 90% of the 911 dispatches i go to did not result in an arrest because no crime committed. People call cops for everything and anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 07:47 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
So, you don't think there is anything wrong with calling 911 on a guy that's doing nothing to you? Nothing wrong with her making her voice more and more distressed on the phone? No legal ramifications for making false charges because you feel like it?

Is your post a serious post?

Let me turn this around. Is it legally ok for me to call the police on you claiming you're raping my dog? I'll start working on sounding really distressed on the phone.

And you don't think there's anything wrong with equating "calling 911 on a guy that's doing nothing to you" with "trying to have a black man murdered by a cop"?

Old 06-14-2020, 08:19 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I think Cooper didn't complete the call. She began the call, but when she way the guy was still making a video, she stopped before she had given 911 full information.
If so, then there never was a complaint for the cops to respond to.
I would be interested to see what video of the incident you saw. The whole reason she called 911 was that she wanted the guy to stop recording her and he wouldn't. She went right up to him and stuck her finger up at him. He had to tell her not to come any closer to him.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:36 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And you don't think there's anything wrong with equating "calling 911 on a guy that's doing nothing to you" with "trying to have a black man murdered by a cop"?
There is something wrong when you make a deceitful post like this. Roughly 25 unarmed black men are killed by police every year. That's how many blacks murder other blacks in 1 month in 1 city, Chicago. Stop with the fake outrage.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:45 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
There is something wrong when you make a deceitful post like this. Roughly 25 unarmed black men are killed by police every year. That's how many blacks murder other blacks in 1 month in 1 city, Chicago. Stop with the fake outrage.
Where did you get that statistic? I don’t think it’s even that many unarmed people killed by police. And as we saw with Michael Brown, unarmed doesn’t mean harmless.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:47 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
New York is set to pass the "Amy Cooper" bill. She's achieved immortality. She'll even have her own Wiki page after this.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

I worked as a deputy in Los Angeles in a not -very- good -area for number of years. Yet, 90% of the 911 dispatches i go to did not result in an arrest because no crime committed. People call cops for everything and anything.
Over-reliance on police is part of our problem.

People are stupid.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:51 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

Im not surprised, the whole 'see something, say something' has been a disaster.

However, like I said, if people are calling police due to the race of someone they see doing something...that should have consequences for them, at least a large fine.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:10 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im not surprised, the whole 'see something, say something' has been a disaster.

However, like I said, if people are calling police due to the race of someone they see doing something...that should have consequences for them, at least a large fine.
So if you live in a HOA neighborhood with 99% white residence and you know everyone of them. One morning you see a black guy (that you don't recognize) walking around the neighbor carrying a big bag (remember, there is no crime walking around carrying a big bag)

You won't call the cops on him even though there is no crime being committed?

Old 06-15-2020, 10:08 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
It looks like Amy Cooper had a history of meltdowns. A lot of these Karens seem to have mental health issues along with their entitlement.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/15/centra...-fired-report/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies