Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 12:25 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Another falsehood repeated.

Democrats do not become Republicans as they age.
Well not all of them. Some are beyond help.

That said, most people become less naive and stupid as they get older and when people become less naive and stupid, it's hard to remain a Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 12:26 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It is not here, I'm sorry to say. This forum has become (or maybe always was) the place for extremists

I have looked into this discussion because I hope to understand people's ideas who do not agree with my ideas. Very discouraging, no, boring, to get a barrage of bumperstickers or slogans back, from any stance.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:27 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Well not all of them. Some are beyond help.

That said, most people become less naive and stupid as they get older and when people become less naive and stupid, it's hard to remain a Democrat.
The young will abolish-- dems and rights thinking patterns

Old 06-13-2020, 12:27 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Yes, the new left is scary and doing a lot more damage to us people of color. If Biden picks Abrams as a running mate, that’s the final nail in the coffin.
Biden very well may pick Republican Condoleezza Rice as his VP running mate.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:36 PM

763 posts, read 379,522 times
Yep, I do not like how far to the left the National Democrats have gone. The Democrats in my home state of West Virginia are much more centrist than the national party, so much so that many ultra liberals would probably accuse us of being Republicans.

I don’t like Trump, and I don’t like Biden. I won’t be voting for either this November. WV will go for Trump anyway, so I might vote third party or just not vote for president. It’s crazy how these are our only options in a country as large as the US.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:39 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
It's not really like that at all. The "alt right" or "white supremacists" are not embraced by the Republican party and they are an incredibly tiny number of people total.

The Democratic party on the other hand, has embraced the far left and they've been moving further and further left for over a decade now. Left wing extremism is now mainstream for that party. Once upon a time you could say that it was just "loud voices" but those voices are coming from elected officials and nearly everyone who ran for the Democratic nomination for president.....not quite the same as a handful of rednecks that maybe you heard about online.
Not embraced by the Republican Party?? Lol Trump dogwhistles those groups all the time..

The last three dems to run for president were Obama Hillary and Biden all centrists regardless of foxnews trying to convince people there all far left commies lol.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:41 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Not embraced by the Republican Party?
No, they aren't, at all. They aren't embraced by anyone really.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:41 PM

97 posts, read 42,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Biden very well may pick Republican Condoleezza Rice as his VP running mate.
That would be awesome and it's about the only scenario where I could get excited about the outcome of the election. It would surely **** off large swaths of the far left because whomever the VP is will likely become president before Biden's term is up so they would essentially be voting for a republican. It would guarantee independent votes though and it would help heal the divisiveness.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:45 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwalk444 View Post
That would be awesome and it's about the only scenario where I could get excited about the outcome of the election. It would surely **** off large swaths of the far left because whomever the VP is will likely become president before Biden's term is up so they would essentially be voting for a republican. It would guarantee independent votes though and it would help heal the divisiveness.
Plus, she'd be very good as president in the near or further future! A clear thinker, great education and experience. However, I do think she lives with a woman for many years now and that might be an issue to some people (although they are unlikely to vote D anyway, I imagine).

Old 06-13-2020, 12:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
No, they aren't, at all. They aren't embraced by anyone really.
Yes, the alt right has absolutely been embraced by the republican party. As well as their tactics.

They adopted the Proud Boys like native sons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies