Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 12:40 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Yes: in 2016, I voted for her but in 2020, I’ll vote for Trump unless Biden picks a centrist with an extremely likable personality, the right leadership skills, and the right platform to take over as I believe Biden will resign due to health within 6 months.
Trump is almost as old as Biden. Pence, although he looks like a President, is not capable. He was very unliked in Indiana and the signs were that he would not be re-elected as Governor.

Biden will choose someone capable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 12:40 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I used to be a liberal and became an independent. I won’t be voting for any democrats in the coming election, that is for sure. I can’t stand Trump so may not vote for him either but I’m pretty much done with liberals right now.
There are more of us than I thought. That brings me hope.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:41 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwalk444 View Post
That would be awesome and it's about the only scenario where I could get excited about the outcome of the election. It would surely **** off large swaths of the far left because whomever the VP is will likely become president before Biden's term is up so they would essentially be voting for a republican. It would guarantee independent votes though and it would help heal the divisiveness.
The last thing the powers that be want is to heal divisiveness. That's why I don't believe Rice will ever be chosen.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Yeah, it took me until after Clinton to figure out I was being played.
The next level of understanding is to learn we're being played by the R's, too. And we're all being played against each other.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And I can tell you for a FACT that it does not happen.

The world doesn't revolve around your personal experiences.

People tend to stick with their party affiliation as of the age 18.
Well that was kind of silly of you to be so absolutist. Yes, IT DOES HAPPEN. Just not nearly as much as some people believe.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:46 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
-Defunding and in some cases calls to abolish the police, which will cause increases in crime and the emboldenment of criminals.

- Police being attacked, cursed at, spit on and killed just for wearing the uniform with absolutely no inclination they have done anything wrong to warrant being attacked.

- Forgiving bail for rioters, not prosecuting them.

- Letting dangerous criminals out of jail for Covid.
Let me see if I get this logic correct.. our society, through due process and an judgement of peers has found people dangerous enough to be removed from society but because of the coronavirus, their welfare takes precedence over the safety of the community. So if a murderer gets released for covid and goes and murders someone, what about the consideration for the safety of that victim?

-Out of Control Cancel Culture! Careers ruined, overkill censorship so nobody is offended but only one side gets a voice in this. There are calls to cancel PAW PATROL, for Eff's sake!! Because it has police dogs and I guess that is a microaggression or something.
Statues being defaced and destroyed. The mob gets to decide if the rest of us should have them or not.

- Absolutely ZERO tolerance for diversity of opinion or debate. It's either you agree with them or you should have no voice, not only that, you should have your career destroyed or you can be physically assaulted as has happened to Trump supporters and Antifa victims.

This is NOT the party of JFK anymore, JFK would probably be not allowed to speak at most liberal universities today.

Are there moderate democrats who are tired of this crap? I'm not a right winger and I'm not crazy about Trump and can't vote for him but the modern left has gone insane lately. Or at least the loudest voices in the modern left. Why can't you take your party back?

Here, without actually wasting my time reading the thread, let me put my Leftie thinking cap on and answer this...

Don't call me a Wefty and Waa! Yeahbut tWump!

Old 06-14-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't think it was trans folks going after her - I think it was the usual SJW's who have to take up for people they would never live near....lol.
Exactly.

Old 06-14-2020, 03:51 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
-Defunding and in some cases calls to abolish the police, which will cause increases in crime and the emboldenment of criminals.

- Police being attacked, cursed at, spit on and killed just for wearing the uniform with absolutely no inclination they have done anything wrong to warrant being attacked.

- Forgiving bail for rioters, not prosecuting them.

- Letting dangerous criminals out of jail for Covid.
Let me see if I get this logic correct.. our society, through due process and an judgement of peers has found people dangerous enough to be removed from society but because of the coronavirus, their welfare takes precedence over the safety of the community. So if a murderer gets released for covid and goes and murders someone, what about the consideration for the safety of that victim?

-Out of Control Cancel Culture! Careers ruined, overkill censorship so nobody is offended but only one side gets a voice in this. There are calls to cancel PAW PATROL, for Eff's sake!! Because it has police dogs and I guess that is a microaggression or something.
Statues being defaced and destroyed. The mob gets to decide if the rest of us should have them or not.

- Absolutely ZERO tolerance for diversity of opinion or debate. It's either you agree with them or you should have no voice, not only that, you should have your career destroyed or you can be physically assaulted as has happened to Trump supporters and Antifa victims.

This is NOT the party of JFK anymore, JFK would probably be not allowed to speak at most liberal universities today.

Are there moderate democrats who are tired of this crap? I'm not a right winger and I'm not crazy about Trump and can't vote for him but the modern left has gone insane lately. Or at least the loudest voices in the modern left. Why can't you take your party back?
Plot twist, you're not actually a liberal. You're a moderate republican who thinks they're a moderate democrat. Most of your complaints look like republican talking points, or are.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:02 PM

302 posts, read 182,635 times
Originally Posted by Fisherman99
Biden very well may pick Republican Condoleezza Rice as his VP running mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I'll believe that one when I see it.
I keep seeing this posted. It is Susan Rice (the liar) that is being considered for VP.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:04 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelliebell View Post
Originally Posted by Fisherman99
Biden very well may pick Republican Condoleezza Rice as his VP running mate.

I keep seeing this posted. It is Susan Rice (the liar) that is being considered for VP.
In fairness, Biden is a dementia patient, if the DNC allowed him to pick his own VP candidate, he might accidentally pick Condoleezza Rice over Susan Rice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies