Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 04:47 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have a WHITE gf who is 70 soon and lives in a So Cal house and not much in CA housing is low cost...but she cares a lot about people and does volunteer work and she put together a cardboard sign, and affixed it to the front of her house with big bold letters about BLM. I'm proud of her.
Good for her.

It's a free country still. If that is her prerogative, than have at it

I support the 1A fully.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:49 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Did you read the values they are rebuilding?
BLM "values" in a nutshell: hate, divisiveness, violence, brainwashing and giving "purpose" to people whose lives have none.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:51 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
BLM "values" in a nutshell: hate, divisiveness, violence, brainwashing and giving "purpose" to people whose lives have none.
Do you have a official source for those values? Or is that just your opinion.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:52 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,505 times
Quote:

I am a person of color and I agree with you. I am disgusted with the amount of white friends that I see in support of BLM. I grew up in an upper-middle class but diverse suburb in California and experienced my lion's share of racism from whites. HOWEVER, I feel much safer stopping by in an all white town in a mountain state than I would in the ghettos of Oakland or Watts. It ain't about skin color: it's about culture and attitude!

Old 06-13-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Too bad you don’t see the solidarity on display in the protests around me. Maybe it a jersey thing. It’s really opened my eyes to an issue I was only tangentially aware of. I’m sorry all you see are unruly thugs. Are there no peaceful protests at all?
Respectfully, foodyum, I do not live in the reality you reside in.

Based on what I have witnessed in the "protests," riots and looting, I do have a "feeling" about them, but the "feeling" in not legal and would likely result in some prison time for me.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:56 PM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Atlanta writer was commenting on the strangeness of seeing a mostly white protest group throwing things and shouting Black Lives Matter at a mostly Black group of policemen.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Do you have a official source for those values? Or is that just your opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I am a person of color and I agree with you. I am disgusted with the amount of white friends that I see in support of BLM. I grew up in an upper-middle class but diverse suburb in California and experienced my lion's share of racism from whites. HOWEVER, I feel much safer stopping by in an all white town in a mountain state than I would in the ghettos of Oakland or Watts. It ain't about skin color: it's about culture and attitude!
Why yes I do. See post by ThinkingOutsiedTheBox.

Or, maybe you'll just accuse ThinkingOutsideTheBox of being "racist" and misguided. Yep, me thinks you will.

foodyum, if you believe, there is no amount of proof necessary. If, you don't believe, there's no amount of proof sufficient.

We, my friend, are at a standoff.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:58 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Quote:
That’s an interesting spin on this.
https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Old 06-13-2020, 05:00 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
There was BLM protest in Garden Grove about a week ago. Garden Grove is predominately a Korean and Vietnamese town. I drove to GG to get some KBBQ and there were signs BLM posted everywhere in front of the Korean and Vietnamese stores and restaurants. I have a feeling that those stores don't want to get looted, not because they support BLM.

Remind me of Nazis flags posted in front of Polish homes when Nazis invaded Poland.
I see so many parallels to Nazi Germany in what is going on now, it's scary. Not sure why it's not obvious to others. Mob rule, jumping on the bandwagon, public shaming of those who don't come out in support of BLM. Scary stuff.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:02 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
A sign doesn't mean you aren't racist. It more likely means YOU ARE.
I was out today and saw a sign that said we support black people in someone's yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies