Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 07:52 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,262,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Wow, guess the protesters, looters, and rioters in America just don't give a damn.

Imagine that, people looting for a TV and marching for a convict instead of staying at home.
I am sure we will see a spike, though it appears many, if not most of the protesters have been wearing masks. Dunno about the looters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 07:54 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,489,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Ah the CD doctors are in da house again - with their many years of medical expertise- Until the virus comes up close to you via family or friends - God forbid - you will continue with your denials and down playing the seriousness of this virus .
Are you still hiding and wringing your hands?

Old 06-13-2020, 07:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Solution: Wear masks. Social distance. Wash Hands. Use Sanitizer.
But people refuse to do the simplest things! Like wear a mask.

I haven't been wearing one outside but last night some bicyclist rode by me and sneezed - didn't even try to cover his mouth.

Ugh. Now I'll have to start wearing one on our bike/walking trails.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:58 PM

13,609 posts, read 9,644,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yet another thread in which the Ostriches show up proudly proclaiming how they are keeping their head in the sand, all while saying "It is not a pandemic. It is not a pandemic!"

We are reliving history. We have the same idiots proclaiming, for political reasons, that the novel coronavirus is not a 'thing'. Yet, it is, and it is spreading.

The virus is not at its end stage. It is not going away due to summer (see how the Middle East and other hot areas are doing). There is no 'second wave', because the 'first wave' is just getting started.
I accept all of your premises, but utterly reject all of your conclusions. Yes, the virus - if unchecked - may kill millions in America, and tens or even hundreds of millions worldwide. Let it. The alternative is even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
You realize we are not made to just shut ourselves at home and only go out to buy groceries or protest over a dead felon right?
Never mind that! Some people think that preserving lives at any cost, is prudent and essential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
You're kidding, right? I just popped over to Worldometers to check out their numbers, and Sweden's deaths per million number is significantly higher than ours. And that's not even counting the seriously ill.
And?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And yet you are willing to put yourself up against an enemy that don't give two chits about your freedom. That being the virus.
Yes. Precisely.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:59 PM

1,231 posts, read 447,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
We should never have closed the country. Covid is just a flu
You are far from a medical professional and your statement is flat ignorance. It's not a flu at all. The flu is gone. Covid is still here. The Flu doesn't result in 80% hospital capacity. Try again.

Old 06-13-2020, 08:02 PM

35,564 posts, read 20,897,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Are you still hiding and wringing your hands?
Nope - I’m fine - but sorry for those who will die or get very sick. Read about a 20 yr old getting a double lung transplant as her lungs were so damaged from the Covid. Who wants that for a anyone?

Old 06-13-2020, 08:06 PM

35,564 posts, read 20,897,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I accept all of your premises, but utterly reject all of your conclusions. Yes, the virus - if unchecked - may kill millions in America, and tens or even hundreds of millions worldwide. Let it. The alternative is even worse.

Never mind that! Some people think that preserving lives at any cost, is prudent and essential.

And?

Yes. Precisely.
Evil has no boundaries.

Old 06-13-2020, 08:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,567,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
For how long?

That means most places can not open. That means more and more people wil
Become unemployed. That children cannot Return To school

You realize we are not made to just shut ourselves at home and only go out to buy groceries or protest over a dead felon right?
People under age 18 can most certainly return to school as usual. The death rate for that age group is very near ZERO.

Old 06-13-2020, 08:26 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,567,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Arizona, Texas, and Florida may have a relative spike in cases compared to the past but they are NOTHING close to where New York was in April. In fact all three states are well below the U.S. average deaths per capita. My guess is the relative spike in cases may be due to the summer weather being so hot that people are going to air conditioned malls and movie theaters that have all opened up without restrictions rather than spending time outdoors like as they are in Northern and Mountain states. I also think our understanding of how to treat Covid as well as more mask usage and the ability to test upon demand will prevent either one of those current "hot spots" from spiraling out of control as Italy and New York did.
Info about the Tulsa spike:

Tulsa County’s four-day average number of new cases has risen to about 62, far above previous averages. Before this week, the highest four-day average was 31, on April 3-4. Prior to Friday, the four-day average had risen to 46. That average has increased about 100% in the span of one week.

Tulsa Health Department investigations indicate that the latest outbreak is linked to indoor gatherings where large groups of people congregate for prolonged periods.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:52 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,126,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And yet you are willing to put yourself up against an enemy that don't give two chits about your freedom. That being the virus.
correct. I am willing to take the risk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies