Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2020, 05:20 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

Society has completely lost its mind. If you drive drunk or loot and riot, you should just get a free pass and walk free. But if you say something offensive, like you support law enforcement, the punishment is severe and you lose your job or your freedom.
I so agree! Excuses and “understanding” for looters - and job loss or shaming for anyone who says they support the police. We are now living in Reverse World.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 05:42 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
He panicked...as illogical as it sounds because there was no way to get out of his fate whether he cooperated then or later on.

He was going back to jail/prison. They weren't going to give him a weekend pass to Disneyland.

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/po...es/20200615113
He was going one way or another, if he wasn't killed they could have added assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest. His back ground was beside the point and but its tiresome to hear his lawyer constantly painting him as a great family man. None of this helps their cause.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:34 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
For the best interest of the "movement" this case needs to disappear quickly, cases like this are where those types of people lose credibility quickly. The guy didn't want to go back to prison so he turned a DUI arrest into suicide by cop. It's tragic, but you can't intelligently blame the cops for it.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:55 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Are you saying that a black officer would have let this drunk off free? Well that's not racist at ALL......
I think what Indentured Servant was saying is that the population of the city or neighborhood should be policed by a police force that represents the populace that they are being paid to police. In other words if you have 50% black 30% white and 20% all others, that is about what the police force should look like. I agree with with Indentured servant.

As for letting him walk? No that isn't what that poster said either. They are saying that tone and approach matters. We have all seen videos of cops who are arrogant and wear that badge like it is a license to be a jerk.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:58 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
As for letting him walk? No that isn't what that poster said either. They are saying that tone and approach matters. We have all seen videos of cops who are arrogant and wear that badge like it is a license to be a jerk.
.....yeah but you didn't see that in THIS video and it made no difference whatsoever. These cops were very polite and patient with the drunk criminal.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:14 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
So he WAS a criminal on probation. Damn. I wanted to feel bad about this and was hoping he was a regular Joe, like he seemed in the vid (until he attacked and fled). I KNEW there had to be some reason he flipped out! He was violating probation!

I love how he apparently had both a girlfriend and a wife, too. WTH.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:22 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Such an outstanding Citizen. He was a good boy, Ya'll. Wonderful Daddy. Awesome Husband...

He Was sleeping/passed out in the drive-thru at Wendy's. Passed out.

Look at his rap sheet. Cruelty to children... Wow. That's a good one, NOT.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:28 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Such an outstanding Citizen. He was a good boy, Ya'll. Wonderful Daddy. Awesome Husband...

He Was sleeping/passed out in the drive-thru at Wendy's. Passed out.

Look at his rap sheet. Cruelty to children... Wow. That's a good one, NOT.
I wonder if they were legally married? He lived in OHIO and she and the kids in GEORGIA? He had a girlfriend he mentions by name to the cops on the vid? But the wife is acting like they were a happy couple and together?

Ugh just no. This was ghetto scum. I was astonished at what they all wore and dressed the poor kids in, for a NATIONAL press conference. You're going on national tv and you dress your child in a faded, worn looking t shirt and wear a t shirt yourself? You plop false blonde curls on your head? Cultural appropriation much? Why do these folks (folks as in ghetto folks not black folks; middle class blacks do not come across like this family) have such poor taste.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:01 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
I wonder if they were legally married? He lived in OHIO and she and the kids in GEORGIA? He had a girlfriend he mentions by name to the cops on the vid? But the wife is acting like they were a happy couple and together?

Ugh just no. This was ghetto scum. I was astonished at what they all wore and dressed the poor kids in, for a NATIONAL press conference. You're going on national tv and you dress your child in a faded, worn looking t shirt and wear a t shirt yourself? You plop false blonde curls on your head? Cultural appropriation much? Why do these folks (folks as in ghetto folks not black folks; middle class blacks do not come across like this family) have such poor taste.
Happy, because she will try and sue.. Get monies.

The guy was a creep..... CRUELTY TO CHILDREN... Let that sink it people!!!

The video shows - He tried to taser the cop.. Woe is Him...

Old 06-16-2020, 10:10 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
As many of us guessed, so thank you for the proof. That's usually the only reason someone tries to run, it's because they've got prior convictions and are in violation that may result in their going to prison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The police already had all his information, what exactly was he escaping.

I only wrote two lines, did you read both of them? People with priors do this all the damn time. It's nothing new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies