Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2020, 10:40 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
There were two cops on the scene so I can't see your scenario happening.
Two cops were on the scene when the unarmed violent criminal was able to disarm the cop of his taser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 10:40 PM

264 posts, read 100,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Next time I don’t get what I want, I’m going to burn down some property and destroy jobs in my community. Nothing says social progress like decreasing the numbers of opportunities, jobs, and property values in low income areas.

When Asian Americans discovered they were discriminated against at Ivy Leagues, they didn’t burn down China town and Korea town. They sued.

Oh and they educate themselves, that’s how they win. They don’t have to destroy anything. They just whoop your butt in school. We the black American community have a lot to learn from Asian Americans and African immigrants.

No equivalency!

Yes, there may be a correlation between the level of education and some crime. Albeit, a inverse relationship.

Inter-generational poverty did not occur in a vacuum! After systemic institutional racism, poverty was the result for a lot of African Americans. Whereas, many succeeded by focusing on education and graduating from college or obtaining a vocation/trade, others did not.

African Americans value education as well! Fact is, probably moreso than other groups considering the past injustices and racism!

The statement, "Need to work at least twice as hard to go half as far" further embodies the fact that African Americans have always valued education and will continue to do so!

Fact is, even with the level of education obtained, with all other factors being equal such as grades, etc., African Americans still face higher car insurance rates, higher housing insurance rates, higher incidence of adverse credit scores, higher mortgage rates, higher rates of denial in loans, higher rates of redlining, higher infant mortality rates, etc. etc.

But, I digress.

Arson committed by a subset of a population should not be extrapolated to infer that all members of that population are committing arson.

Arson is wrong and should be prosecuted.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:42 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
There were two cops on the scene so I can't see your scenario happening.
So you are saying cops should wait until the guy has his hands on the cop’s gun then they can use deadly force?

Not after he resisted arrest, disarmed taser from a cop, ran away, shot the cop with his own taser?

Old 06-13-2020, 10:42 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The body cam should reveal more details.
Doesn’t have to, there’s another angle of the video.

Fight started at 32 seconds
https://youtu.be/-t_GDtVkZPA

The guy literally punched and wrestled away from two cops.

Again we have to ask liberals why they would want a social worker to tame this drunken enraged man who was sleeping in the middle of a parking lot, blocking drive through traffic.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:43 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So what did Wendy's do to incite the mob into burning them down?
She’s white, only reason they need.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:43 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The lower class and the underclass, who can they learn from? .
teachers.

Education has been the way up economically for decades for all Americans.

Much of the middle and upper middle class today grew up either lower middle class or lower class.

Obtained more education than their parents had. worked hard, did not engage in crime, did not do drugs, did not have kids before marriage.

All the stuff the Moynihan report talked about 6 decades ago works.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:45 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
If this is in fact true then I have a few questions. When the black guy fires the taser did the cop shoot before are after the taser was fired at him. I ask this question because a taser is a single fire weapon. I simply don't think this is as cut and dry as many here think.
So what will your view be for either scenario?

Cop shot before the criminal fires (but has clearly aimed at the cop as per the video)
Cop shot after the criminal fires. What if it were just a second after?

Old 06-13-2020, 10:45 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
"The shooting was completely justified." Based on what. .
Ughh based on the suspect disarming you with your own weapon after attempts were made to arrest him, then using it against you.

https://youtu.be/-t_GDtVkZPA

Point a taser at the nearest cop, lets see how they respond.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:50 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,901,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Unbelievable.

once again, We have a Democrat African-American Mayor, a Democrat selected white female police chief, and a majority Black Democrat City Council.

Who are they going to blame now?
Atlanta is recognized worldwide as America's Black Mecca. The burbs are fine but I would advise NOT being in the City of Atlanta in broad daylight! These "peaceful" protests are a great example of what happens when Democrat city "leaders" allow prisoners to take over the prison! This "AIN'T" over---by a long shot!

Old 06-13-2020, 10:53 PM

6,800 posts, read 14,018,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
So you are saying cops should wait until the guy has his hands on the cop’s gun then they can use deadly force?

Not after he resisted arrest, disarmed taser from a cop, ran away, shot the cop with his own taser?

Two cops were chasing him so him shooting one with the taser and grabbing the cops gun while his partner is 4 yards away is highly unlikely. I swear you guys make stuff up as you go. I make this as clear as possible. A cop is only to use deadly force if his life or someone else life is in immediate danger. So the question here is dependent on the question was the cop life in immediate danger when he fired his weapon. The fact that they just fought the bad guy is not the deciding factor here. They were not fighting him at the time he was shot. I'm not picking sides here but simply asking questions both sides are going to ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies