Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 06:40 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,878,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
He probably did something 10 years ago that will make it worth killing a drunk. He wasn't exactly a drug dealer or gang banger but I'm sure he was a real bad dude.
He is showing a gang sign in the photo provided by his family (sorry I cannot get over that, that his relatives submitted THAT photo, why would you do that, do you WANT the world to know your relative was in a gang?? Are they not ashamed of that?) to CNN so he was indeed a gangbanger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 06:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
How bad can it get
At least you could have called in black cops to deal with it
The press will eat this alive

Old 06-13-2020, 06:42 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
They are unbright.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:43 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
He is showing a gang sign in the photo provided by his family (sorry I cannot get over that, that his relatives submitted THAT photo, why would you do that, do you WANT the world to know your relative was in a gang?? Are they not ashamed of that?) to CNN so he was indeed a gangbanger.
That doesn't necessarily mean he was in a gang.

It means he's a moron, at minimum, but you need more info to see if he was in a gang.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:45 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,878,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That doesn't necessarily mean he was in a gang.

It means he's a moron, at minimum, but you need more info to see if he was in a gang.
Ha true, he could just be a wannabe. Still, what does that say about his family that they chose that photo for the world to see...obvi not embarrassed of him either being in a gang/wanting to be in one.

How do black people not see that this kind of crap HURTS them because it perpetuates the negative stereotyping? How do they not see this?!?

Old 06-13-2020, 06:46 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,020,697 times
As in any other case with a white on black cop killing, they never seem to focus on an innocent and productive black man.

Why is it always a felon resisting arrest. Why are they always attacking cops. Like Chris Rock said, if you run from the police, they will bring an azz whoopin' with them. This is not to mention what will happen when you taze a cop with his own tazer!

I'm sure the left will erect a statue in this thugs memory.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:47 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Assistant Police Chief Rodney Bryant, who will be taking over duties as police chief in Atlanta, is a black man.

Well played, Chief Shields. Well played.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:47 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
What gang was it? I've seen 8 year old white kids hold up fingers in photos. I'm betting if the cops ran his plates and knew he was an actual drug dealer and gang banger they would have shot him in his car or not got that close to him.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 06-13-2020 at 07:06 PM..

Old 06-13-2020, 06:48 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What in the world is going on behind the scenes that the chief already "resigned"?

I wonder if she was close to retirement and the city threw her a package to appease the now-assembling mob.

I guess it was worth a shot but if we know anything about SJWs it's that they can never be pacified. You are only as woke as your last public virtue signalling incident.

I think she's nervous by the backlash of another black man being killed by a cop. Emotions are still high and people don't always care about facts. They'll just hear 'another black man killed by a cop' and the glass that was just put back in the window frames will be out again. That's probably her fear.

And you just know the media would play that up until every city is at it again.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:48 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,690,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think that it is police protocol, for one thing. From my understanding, police are trained to ONLY shoot to kill. Police are not trained to back down or retreat, also. Shooting is the easiest and safest way to end a potential threat for a police officer. Often time its reflexive and subconscious.

This was a few years back. No one went to jail over this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cAAM4TXPdw
A guy 20 feet from you with a knife can close on you in 2 seconds or less but, with the officers having a numbers advantage here, I would have tried to use a taser to subdue him and get him to drop the knife. Of course, I am not a police officer and they might well come up with a reason why my logic is faulty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies