Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 09:41 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Butterfly View Post
Why did Atlanta fire a cop over this shooting? After resisting arrest and attacking the cops, the suspect grabs a tazer gun from an officer and runs off, then the suspect turns around and fires the tazer gun at the chasing officer, and the officer returns fire with his gun. This was a justified shooting in my opinion and I think most rational people would agree. If the suspect had tazzed the officer, imobilizing the officer, he could have taken the officer's gun and killed him with it. There's absolutely no rational reason to protest this incident, the video evidence shows that it is clear-cut. People need to use common sense and objective rationale when looking at incidents such as this.

At 1:12 in the video you can see the suspect turn around and fire on the chasing officer.
A taser is not considered to be a lethal weapon. The suspect's vehicle was there, they knew who he was and he was running on foot. They should have let him go and called in another unit or helicopter to locate him. Cops can only kill people when they do so to save another life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 09:42 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Likely, this Wendy’s was a franchise, not owned by Wendy’s.
So? Money still goes back to the corporation.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:42 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
LOL, of course, those kinds of simpletons come in all shapes, colors, and sizes.....it doesn't add validity to what they are doing. They protest just the same no matter how valid or invalid the case is, it's based solely on the fact that a black person was killed. You give them far too much credit suggesting that any actual thought was put into their stance.

For every one legitimate case like the Floyd murder, you have a dozen or more illegitimate cases like this one or the Micheal Brown incident where those same knuckle draggers head out to riot.
I was a protester in my youth- not changed my mind in 50+ years. Think I am a simpleton? You think they are simpletons, because you cannot agree.- so you name call. The death of a black man was the what lit the fire,,, the protest is about the WHY he was killed.
And yes, even my 12 yr old grand understands why he kneels at football

Last edited by tinytrump; 06-14-2020 at 09:50 AM..

Old 06-14-2020, 09:43 AM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
So? Money still goes back to the corporation.
Guilt by association now ?

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Georgia again? Does that state have a problem?

It seems that it does, according to this report.

https://theintercept.com/2020/05/14/...ahmaud-arbery/

Quote:
The GBI [Georgia Bureau of Investigation]— which is generally revered throughout the state and is often brought in to investigate police-involved shootings of current or former officers, like Gregory McMichael, to get around conflicts of interest — has repeatedly been accused of mishandling such investigations — in some cases intentionally. The agency has botched cases in which the investigating officers appeared to be motivated by racism, leading to wrongful convictions. The agency has also repeatedly failed to hold accountable and break up powerful networks of officers who broke laws in the course of their work — causing and covering up overwhelming violence.
Quote:
In Georgia, where the Ku Klux Klan once infiltrated every level of law enforcement, racism can play a role in violent crimes and the way they are investigated.
Quote:
The history of the GBI, established in 1937, is interwoven with the history of the Ku Klux Klan, which was a terrorizing force in Georgia in the mid-20th century. One of the earliest directors of the GBI, who later served as an Atlanta police officer, Sam Roper, was a local Klan leader when he took over the GBI after former Georgia Gov. Gene Talmadge won another reelection in 1946. Roper, whose links to the agency have been all but wiped from public records, later recruited Klan members into his police department,

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Butterfly View Post
This was a justified shooting in my opinion and I think most rational people would agree.
I'm rational and I don't agree. Suspect is armed with a non-lethal taser. At close range, the pursuing officer should have shot the suspect in the legs or buttocks, which would have immobilized him. Shooting to the chest or head should always be the last resort.

There's a pandemic of excessive trigger-happy cops in this country. Breonna Taylor was shot 8 times -- 8 times! -- we've seen this pattern before, over-excited cops on adrenaline who empty their weapons disproportionately into suspects.

Police in this country have a training and culture problem. Defunding is not the solution, but serious reform is.

42,850 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
He had the taser and the INTENT to inflict violence when he fought the cops and disarmed (taser) one of them. It is reasonable to believe that he will take the gun from the cop after he demobilised him with the taser

Also, the cops did not have the opportunity to pat him down for weapon prior to the fight. The taser makes a very loud pop when deploys, and taser looks like a gun, and it was a split second decision at night time.
And you claim to be Police Officer? You can't kill someone because they are running around with a taser, it's a non lethal weapon. Geezus

Old 06-14-2020, 09:44 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Witnesses say that a young white chick acted alone in torching the Wendy's. From that video, I see her setting the fire with no one assisting her.
I hope they can ID her and toss her worthless a$$ in jail. Her life will be over, no future once convicted of a felony. No possibility for employment, she will be sucking on society for the rest of her life, her hand in all of our pockets. She will get what she deserves...

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Literally, that's false. More white people are shot by cops every year than black people, but somehow dumb people continue to parrot the false narrative that cops only shoot black people.

Try to be better than that.

I get it, you don't hear about it when white people are shot by cops because no one cares, so you believe that it doesn't happen. You're just going to have to educate yourself because parroting foolish false narratives is a very bad look.
with 9 unarmed black deaths and 19 white, you'd think some news organization might review and report on all of them. Maybe even the Justice Department.

8,756 posts, read 5,050,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
So, did he drive drunk to Wendy's to order food and then he fell asleep in his car, waiting for his order? Is that what happened? Or did he drive there to sleep it off, not realizing he was in the drive thru lane?
What does it matter.....he still drove drunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies