Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 09:46 AM

35,666 posts, read 21,025,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
A taser is not considered to be a lethal weapon. The suspect's vehicle was there, they knew who he was and he was running on foot. They should have let him go and called in another unit or helicopter to locate him. Cops can only kill people when they do so to save another life.
Thank you! they guy was running away!

DISCHARGING OF FIREARMS BY POLICE PERSONNEL
Respect for human life requires
that police officers exhaust all other reasonable means before resorting to the
use of firearms and then only when an officer reasonably believes that such use
of firearms is necessary to protect the officer or another from the risk of serious
physical harm or loss of life.

https://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/police...ures/12550.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 09:47 AM

35,666 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
What does it matter.....he still drove drunk.
OHHH well i'd love to have the cops shoot the drunk who killed my son --- NO-- not even the dam drunk who kills another driver

Old 06-14-2020, 09:48 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I was a protester in my youth- not changed my mind in 50+ years. Think I am a simpleton? You think they are simpletons, because you cannot agree.- so you name call. The death of a black man was the what lit the fire,,, the protest is about the WHY he was killed.
And yes, even my 12 yr old grand understands why he knees at football
So it runs in the family, huh? Good job of raising you kids grampa...

Old 06-14-2020, 09:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
More Democrat unrest aimed at Democrat politicians. The Mayor and Police Chief of Atlanta are Dems. The police chief resigned already.

Altanta hasn't had a Republican Mayor since 1879...yes EIGHTEEN SEVENTY NINE...not a Republican in sight:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mayors_of_Atlanta

Democrats are outraged at their local Dem politicians. Will they start to vote them out of office, or keep making the same mistakes?

Atlanta's baseball team, the Braves, already ditched the city of Atlanta for greener pastures in the burbs. This round of riots could cause more economic decline. Maybe they'll burn down the new Football stadium since its owned by a White guy...Arthur Blank of Home Depot fame. Why not the Coca Cola headquarters too?

I hope the upscale stores in Phipps Plaza & Lennox Mall have cleared out their inventories, and boarded up their storefronts.

It looks like Atlanta is going to be burned to the ground again, like it was during the civil war.

I don't see this is attracting any new Democrat voters, and some may be thinking of leaving the party after all of the violence. the Democrat party is in total fracture <6 months from the elections.
Hyperbole much?

Atlanta has a population of about 500,000, any one of which may take action that results in Injury , loss of life, And/ or property damage.

Atlanta has more than 2000 officers, any one of which may take action that he/ she may soon regret, given the enormous variables of each civilian contact.

The party of the Mayor makes no difference. It comes down to individual behaviors.

The larger a population the more good, bad and evil among them.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:51 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Thank you! they guy was running away!

DISCHARGING OF FIREARMS BY POLICE PERSONNEL
Respect for human life requires
that police officers exhaust all other reasonable means before resorting to the
use of firearms and then only when an officer reasonably believes that such use
of firearms is necessary to protect the officer or another from the risk of serious
physical harm or loss of life.

https://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/police...ures/12550.pdf
Look at the bright side, the guy is no longer a criminal..! He took the cure... Actually, the only cure for his kind, white, black, red or stripped..

Old 06-14-2020, 09:52 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Georgia again? Does that state have a problem?
Well they do have a lot of crime, property crime and is higher than the US average.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:53 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,040,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Tazers are 'non lethal' weapons - at least that what the police call them.

The person resisting arrest was completely out of his mind - but he was obviously running away and I'm unclear on why he should have been killed.

He was asleep - not in the process of being a serial killer.

I just look at other countries and their interactions with police - do not end in death as ours do.

Then again, we are a violent nation and the sooner we admit that - the better off we'll be.
Asleep? And why was he asleep? Because he was DRUNK.....and driving. He could of killed someone. He resisted arrest, fought with an officer, and took his weapon. It was his fault, he was killed. He had a family, as we all know, it was all over the news, that it was his daughter`s birthday, the very next day. So what was he doing.....risking lives, his and everyone else`s, that was on the road.....maybe he should of thought of her.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:53 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,442,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I have a few questions that I honestly don't know answer.

1. Is a taser considered a lethal weapon.
2. Did the guy who got shot fire the taser at the officer and if he did was it before or after the cop fired.
3. What is the range of a taser.
Yes.

It was suicide by cop.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:54 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Guilt by association now ?
They'll excuse it using any lame thing they can.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:55 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,487,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
If you listen to his lawyers, he resisted because he was scared. And because he was a scared black man in America the cops should’ve let him go.
In the first press conference, the lawyers were practically calling for a riot, I eventually turned it off. Call him an UBER, wth. Racist cops, blah blah blah. I can see the video with my own eyes, the cops were validated. So glad we have social media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies