Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 08:26 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Butterfly View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP6lAQFHtGM

Why did Atlanta fire a cop over this shooting? After resisting arrest and attacking the cops, the suspect grabs a tazer gun from an officer and runs off, then the suspect turns around and fires the tazer gun at the chasing officer, and the officer returns fire with his gun. This was a justified shooting in my opinion and I think most rational people would agree. If the suspect had tazzed the officer, imobilizing the officer, he could have taken the officer's gun and killed him with it. There's absolutely no rational reason to protest this incident, the video evidence shows that it is clear-cut. People need to use common sense and objective rationale when looking at incidents such as this.

At 1:12 in the video you can see the suspect turn around and fire on the chasing officer.
Ah, but how can that be, as the black suspect is always a great person, and the cop evil to the core.

When you start with that premise (as we are all brainwashed to do with PC false narrative reporting) the suspect must have been in the right.
It has been going on for years, but the two worst recent examples were Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman, and also the "gentle giant" of Ferguson, you remember, the fake "hands up, don't shoot" narrative every Democrat ran with, even though it was all a lie.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 08:28 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The real excuses is by the copsuckers who think that cops can do no wrong.
Who is the boss of the cops in a city?
Why do you leave them out of the equation?

THAT is where the real problem is. A whole bunch of fools that are easily appeased by the occasional cop going to jail and the resignation of the top cop....only to be repeated again and again.

Stop giving passes to big city mayors because of their politics and instead focus on the issue.

Atlanta is a prime example, the mayor there is bullet proof....but um....she's their boss.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:38 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
And yet the officer has been fired, the other suspended and the COP retired. This tells me is that the wheels have come off the wagon and one had better be ready to deal with the results...a world of entitled criminals...

aim small miss small
I agree. If officers cannot defend themselves against weapon-wielding thugs why should they go out of the way to protect an ungrateful public?

Old 06-14-2020, 08:38 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I have a childhood friend that lived in an apartment complex above a business, and the lot where they parked was adjacent to the business. He was a foreman for a construction company. He was also a heavy drinker.

One evening, after consuming a large amount, he remembered some paperwork he left in his work truck downstairs. He unlocked his car, put the keys in the ignition so he could turn on his CD player, and began to dig through his glove box. His car door was open with one leg sticking out of the car. He was in the passenger seat as he was doing what he was doing.

Right at that same time, a Huntington Beach police officer was making his local rounds and thought what he saw looked suspicious and went to check it out. My friend complied with him, but the cop proceeded to give him a DUI due to the fact his keys were in the ignition. As crappy as that is, my friend followed instructions, was arrested, and had his day in court.

End of incident. Cops have a job to do. They are not an Uber and they hold up the law as they are instructed.
Not going by the book all the time goes a long ways in community relations. It seems like most times the intent, once you are confronted by police, is always to arrest you or ticket you. That having been said, I have been stopped by the police before, for speeding, and I was definitely speeding, and let go with a warning. That went a long way in shaping my perceptions of police...that they were not all out to get me.

Check people out, make sure they are not wanted or a danger...and if no major crime has been committed...have a nice day. That will go a long ways. Don’t come to me already with negative energy. The deceased had positive energy when talking with the officer. The officer seemed to have negative energy and was looking to arrest this guy. What if he had refused the test?

My view of racism in 20/20 is that it waits for a cover. In other words, “give me a reason”. Once they have a cover for a legitimate reason to react negatively towards a black person, you get no breaks or benefit of the doubt. They are going to come down on you hard. Of course, if you have a legitimate reason...you fool yourself that you are not being racist, but likely, you would have treated a white person differently in the same scenario.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-14-2020 at 08:54 PM..

Old 06-14-2020, 08:49 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Probably. But who investigated the shooting? Would the police have been so fair minded if a black civilian shot a home invader in the back as he was fleeing the property? Why are cops not held to the same laws and standards to which civilians are held?

I can't speak for GA, but in most states shooting a person in the back as they are running away is not a justified shooting. Nor should it be. The threat has passed.
Having lived in Georgia for a long time, police officers have been known to get aggressive. I just watched a video (on facebook) and saw 2 police officers (in Carrolton, GA) grab a young Black man and handle him very rough. They pinned him to the ground in spite of the fact that he was not threatening them or even making a motion to hit them. They got aggressive with him really fast. I do feel like there is a mentality of holding police officers above the law. That needs to stop.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:05 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
And, that Wendy's would still be serving Singles With Cheese and Frosties, instead of being a burned-out shell.
And there wouldn't be another gofundme account where the suspect's family can cash out on millions of dollars. Who said crime didn't pay?

Old 06-14-2020, 09:25 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Did you read the article? That is the words written on the warrant issued for the arrests of the Atlanta police officers that tased two Morehouse College students. Three of the four officers charged were charged with using or pointing a deadly weapon, taser.

If a taser is a deadly weapon when used by a police officer it is a deadly weapon used by anyone. But feel free to bend yourself into a political pretzel trying to justify your failed, leftists principles.
That is a BS report to benefit the authorities- do you think, for one second, a taser is lethal compared to two rounds in the back?! BS.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:26 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
He was shot twice in the back. There was no imminent threat.

If I shoot a man in the back, in my house- I get charged with murder or at a minimum manslaughter.

I guess Trumpians are ok with murder, which is what the officer may be charged with.
He turned around and shot the cop with the taser while running.

Are you so uncoordinated and unathletic that you can't turn around and shoot while running?

Old 06-14-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I was responding to a hypothetical, not projecting. My response was based on empirical evidence.
Which part seldom happens in your view? As you know many more whites are killed by cops than blacks.
Proportionally? No. They are not.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
He turned around and shot the cop with the taser while running.

Are you so uncoordinated and unathletic that you can't turn around and shoot while running?
I have no FREKIN’ clue what your point is, if you even have one.

The guy was running away and fired a taser- a non lethal weapon, and he was stopped and determined he was a DUI.

I guess that deserves getting KILLED.

Like I said earlier- in Montana if you shoot a person in the back? Automatic murder. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies