Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 03:23 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Asians are not a real "minority" to the left. To be a "minority" to the left, you have to offer democrats some type of political agenda or advantage. In today's world that means blacks and Hispanics. An Asian is actually the complete opposite of what a leftist thinks a "minority" should be like. This is coming from someone who is married to a Japanese woman.

Here again, the arrogance of "just knowing" how someone else thinks rears it's ugly head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 03:25 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The media never likes to talk about Asians because they debunk every single facet of the victimhood narrative put forth by the media and far left groups regarding minorities in America.

BINGO.

Asians educate themselves, work hard, raise traditional families, obey all laws..

Oh yes, and by simply doing so, they thrive.

Old 06-14-2020, 03:49 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Ivy schools already put caps on Asian admissions, otherwise over 1/3 students would be Asian, something observed at Caltech.
That said, Asians don't have the resources to compete with white and Jewish elites.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:02 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Here again, the arrogance of "just knowing" how someone else thinks rears it's ugly head.
Nope.

How many Asians you see in welfare lines?
How many Asians are dependent on affirmative action?
How much time does the left spend pandering to Asians?
Where do Asians fall on crime statistics charts?
Do Asians have a difficult time getting into colleges (for the same reasons other minorities do)?

You are only a minority to a leftist if you're a person of color who depends on the government for assistance. Otherwise, they have no use for you. Same goes for Jews.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:05 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Not sure what you're on about. Asians have the most positive stereotypes there can be, I mean even more so than white people.

Oh the crime of it all, hard working successful, awful things to be associated with.

Yes most peoplke know that people are people and we all can't be put into a box. If we do, I would not mind the boxes that Asians get put into.

I'm a middle aged white guy with long hair and a goatee.

I look like a biker guy.

How many positive steteotypes are there about bikers.

When I think of bikers, I think charity rides. Growing up I was in the hospital a lot. Like more often than not it seemed. I loved it when bikers came to visit. I know the stereotypes, but I also know some bikers, and they are very caring people, generally speaking. They raise money for al kinds of different causes, and have fun doing it.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:11 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Ivy schools already put caps on Asian admissions, otherwise over 1/3 students would be Asian, something observed at Caltech.
That said, Asians don't have the resources to compete with white and Jewish elites.
So when do Asians plan to riot and loot their own neighborhood as a result?

Oops they don’t do that. We black Americans can learn a lot from Asian Americans.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:14 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
When I think of bikers, I think charity rides. Growing up I was in the hospital a lot. Like more often than not it seemed. I loved it when bikers came to visit. I know the stereotypes, but I also know some bikers, and they are very caring people, generally speaking. They raise money for al kinds of different causes, and have fun doing it.
Good people are good people.

White, black, or other, short or tall, liberal or conservative. Republican or Democrat.

We are all people, we're more alike than different.

I love seeing people make it, I really do. I've had good mentors in my life and I do my best to pass it forward.

I do my best to mentor young people. We all need to do our part.

Don't let the media divide us, don't believe the hype, be good to each other and take care of your community.

It's all we have.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:23 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Or Indians as people of color even though we are the darkest skinned race in the U.S because Indians come here and achieve success.
The indians have money before coming here.

IT workers have to go to school, which means they have money to pay for.

The indian shopkeepers need money to open up. Is not cheap these days in America, especially a gas station which is likely one of the first businesses indians got into.

Being a doctor means schooling, and that means having money.

I know South Asians, namely Pakistanis, in NYC metro, that do siding/pointing, roofing type work. But the actual laborers are mexican, or ecuadorian etc etc. They just own the business, while they hire hispanics to do the work.

Even indian cab drivers have to fork over a lot of money, and even take out a loan to buy the medallions

Old 06-14-2020, 04:27 PM

1,300 posts, read 960,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So when do Asians plan to riot and loot their own neighborhood as a result?

Oops they don’t do that. We black Americans can learn a lot from Asian Americans.

Yes we can (as can white Americans), unfortunately the current victimhood zeitgeist that dominates black intellectual and activist thinking will only reject such an idea, and viscerally so

Old 06-14-2020, 04:45 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
LOL lots of racist comments in this thread,

really surprised not shut down yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies