Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 09:09 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,490,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Gender is a social construct, it has nothing to do with DNA and science.

Male and female is biology, no one can change that.
I agree with this part, plus it's not like the distinction between male and female only exists with humans, it's present in the animal kingdom.

Quote:
It is a mental illness though, and should be treated as such. I feel sorry for them as society has come around to encourage this illness instead of getting them the help they need.
Here I'm a bit confused though. What kind of treatment should they seek? If you define it as a mental illness or anomaly, how do you expect to help them out? The way I see it, is that if you label them as abnormal, then you ostracize them from society and they find themselves once again in a position where they get harassed in public places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 10:34 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,603,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
What is WRONG with yew people? Do you not have lives? You have to attack transgender people every day? It's getting old. Especially the OP's obsession with trans people. My guess is there are some tranny-chasers in our midst who are afraid to come out.

Guess what? Nowadays thanks to scientific technology and modern medicine you in fact DO get to choose your gender. Or if you want to be both genders you can, to the extent your wallet allows. Chromosomes have NOTHING to do with it. You can even get tattoed and file your teeth and live as a lizard if you want. YOU have NO say in how someone else lives their life. And what kind of perverse insanity compells you to constantly attack trans people in this forum? Go pick on people who aren't marginalized at every turn.

Welcome to the next evolution of mankind. Pretty soon with uterine transplants and artificial wombs straight men, or even transwomen will be able to have babies. Lots of genetic women don't produce eggs, so what's the difference? It's all in the minds of evangelical zealots who want the world to live in the 1200's following a book of fables.

WHY is it SO important to you homo/transphobes and religious extremists to spew your hatred for people who don't meet your expectation of how someone else should look or live. You are dinasours holding onto the last vestiages of your lies and fears, as you are pulled kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
How in the world is it attacking someone to say biological sex exists? George Takei is actually the one attacking people by labeling most of humanity ignorant. He is in fact being rebutted by both transmen and transwomen (as well as actual biologists). Recognizing this has not a thing to do with religion.

BTW not sure where you're getting it from that "lots" of women don't produce eggs. This is a medical issue where the ovaries fail, not some inconsequential trait like oh some women produce eggs and some don't.
And no we're nowhere near transwomen being able to have babies. Males and females have different skeletons, with the female pelvis designed for childbirth, so unless they figure out skeletal transplants it's never happening.

Old 06-14-2020, 10:42 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,499,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
A paid actor said what?

Why listen to him? So 100000 Japanese get thrown in prison without due process based on ethnicity by a democrat and that's the party this Uncle Tojo backs?
Talk about ignorant. Or maybe he's just bought and paid for.
Couldn’t say it better myself.

Old 06-14-2020, 11:56 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,406,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I agree with this part, plus it's not like the distinction between male and female only exists with humans, it's present in the animal kingdom.

Here I'm a bit confused though. What kind of treatment should they seek? If you define it as a mental illness or anomaly, how do you expect to help them out? The way I see it, is that if you label them as abnormal, then you ostracize them from society and they find themselves once again in a position where they get harassed in public places.
I am not a doctor, so I have no idea what treatment they should seek, just as I have no idea what treatment who thinks chairs are chasing him should seek.

But, a male thinking they are a female and vice versa, is a mental issue. They and society are saying "it must be a wrong body" instead of saying "perhaps my brain is wrong and my body is fine."

Them being harassed and ostracized or not has nothing to do with it being a mental illness. If a male wants to chop his penis off because he thinks he is a female, well, chopping it off is not going to make him a female, he is still going to be a male with his penis chopped off. If someone wanted their eyes removed to be blind, we would look at that person as having something mentally wrong with them, or if someone goes around thinking they are a lizard and gets those piercings and body mods to do it, well, we will think they have something off in their brain. Likewise, a male/female thinking they are the opposite, well, something is not right in their head as well.

Also, the whole issue with gender versus sex, the two are often used as synonyms, and for most of the world in history, lined up with the sex. So it is a bit baffling that now all of a sudden, some people want them to be distinctly different terms, and while at it, ignore all history regarding the terms.

Old 06-14-2020, 11:58 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,406,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
How?

Because people always said this: "That's just a little thing, it's not a big deal. Don't focus on those little things, focus on the bigger things."

Because of that, no one realized that all of these little things would create a bigger thing. No one wanted to hear it. They all bought into it. "Oh, just vote 'yes' for this little thing? Okay, yeah, sure, it's not a big deal."

Next election: "Oh, just vote 'yes' for this little thing? Well, I don't really agree, but, okay, yeah sure, it's not a big deal."

Next election: "Oh, just vote 'yes' for this little thing? Well, I don't agree with it, but I don't want anyone calling me a 'racist', so okay, yeah, sure...I guess it's not a big deal."

Next election....on and on it went. People too scared of being called "-ist" or "-phobe", so they went ahead and voted for it because they bought the bs hook, line, sinker, and fish net.

Recipe For Disaster:

1 Frog
1 Pot of water

Directions:

Place the frog into the pot.
Place the pot on the stove top.
Slowly turn up the heat.

Approximate cooking time: Five decades.
Serve immediately.
Just like taxes, a fraction of a percent here, a penny there, next thing you know, after five decades, your overall taxes you pay is pretty damn high.

Old 06-15-2020, 01:49 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Uh-oh, science is here. I always thought gender was binary. Then this was introduced to me.
I always though you were born man or woman and no amount of surgeries or drugs could fundamentally change that. Guess I was wrong.

Yes and no...

Chromosomal abnormalities don't nullify the obvious purpose of the normal XX and XY arrangement.

The fact that the Y chromosome imparts nothing except maleness to the new human tends to bear this out.

Moreover, since the nonstandard arrangements don't appear to offer any evolutionary benefit, they are nothing more that biological type-o's.

Old 06-15-2020, 04:47 PM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
Take a seat, Sulu. This is why Spock was in charge.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:34 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Check his FB page out. Sulu is woke for sure. Since 2016, he posts daily anti Trump articles, and lately anti Police. The replies he get's provide hours of entertainment.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:46 PM

17,296 posts, read 12,225,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yes and no...

Chromosomal abnormalities don't nullify the obvious purpose of the normal XX and XY arrangement.

The fact that the Y chromosome imparts nothing except maleness to the new human tends to bear this out.

Moreover, since the nonstandard arrangements don't appear to offer any evolutionary benefit, they are nothing more that biological type-o's.
The Y chromosome itself is withering away and already has disappeared from Japanese spiny rats and mole voles. Sex selection just moved to another gene. The Y chromosome approach is doomed over time since it is not involved in recombination it degenerates over time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies